Products they SHOULD make

Furey

I've never really had a problem with TM's internals. Don't really care what kind of metal it is, it's all very well made, and that's the important thing.

I've wanted to get a look at the new RS Dragunov thing, but apart from that, none of their models have interested me.

I'm not so obsessed with metal on my pistols. I'd rather have performance. I have a WA SV Infinity to show off to people when they want to see how well a pistol can possibly be built. Then I have my TM's and more recently, a KSC to actually use.

Just always been impressed with the quality of my Japanese guns. The build, the finish, and the performance. Never even seen a clone that came close.

Hehehehe are you going to GZ? I'll be there with one of my Tanaka's, and probably a new TM Type 89 I want to buy... Bring me a clone or a Chinese gun that is nicer in all three of the above areas, and I'll take it back! :bleh::lol:

Also, G&G? Are you insane?

I would also like to see more assault rifles of the world. A bit sick of Armalites at the minute.

Ben.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had a thought, inspired by another thread about FAMASs. I'd like to see someone make a decent FAMAS. Sick of waiting for G&G to get round to it.

Or for TM to update and re-release it. It seems to still be a popular gun after all this time, and I'm surprised there aren't more on the market.

I've never really had a problem with TM's internals. Don't really care what kind of metal it is, it's all very well made, and that's the important thing.

I've wanted to get a look at the new RS Dragunov thing, but apart from that, none of their models have interested me.

I'm not so obsessed with metal on my pistols. I'd rather have performance. I have a WA SV Infinity to show off to people when they want to see how well a pistol can possibly be built. Then I have my TM's and more recently, a KSC to actually use.

Just always been impressed with the quality of my Japanese guns. The build, the finish, and the performance. Never even seen a clone that came close.

Hehehehe are you going to GZ? I'll be there with one of my Tanaka's, and probably a new TM Type 89 I want to buy... Bring me a clone or a Chinese gun that is nicer in all three of the above areas, and I'll take it back! :bleh::lol:

once again you miss my point. it doesnt have to be japanese to be good, it just has to be good.

i'm not saying TM's internals arent functional, i'm saying theres plenty of room for improvement, and other companies can and have improved on that formula.

it doesnt matter if RS models interest you or not, they're undeniably miles ahead of TM.

i'm sure you'd rather have metal and performance if it was offered to you. and theres nothing stopping taiwan and the likes putting out such a gun.

i'm not going to GZ sadly but i'd bring my 2 VFCs and my friend's RS type 56 and ICS MP5 (not the best MP5 replica, but nicer than TM). i could bring a cyma M14 too, not finished quite as nicely as the TM, but it's damn close and has laster longer than a TM upgraded to similar spec.

why limit yourself to japan when a new high end HK/taiwan (or anywhere really) based company could do far better if they put the effort in.

seconded n the magpul PDR

on the subject of accurate 40mms i'd like to see some form of frag shell.

or preferably a revision of UK law that would allow companies to make 40mm impact igniting (doesnt detonate immediately, the impact would set off a chemical fuse that would take a second or so to detonate) pyro shells. at lest if they dont go off straight away there'll be no issue of damaged gear or a shell going off in someone's face.

once again you miss my point. it doesnt have to be japanese to be good, it just has to be good.

i'm not saying TM's internals arent functional, i'm saying theres plenty of room for improvement, and other companies can and have improved on that formula.

it doesnt matter if RS models interest you or not, they're undeniably miles ahead of TM.

i'm sure you'd rather have metal and performance if it was offered to you. and theres nothing stopping taiwan and the likes putting out such a gun.

i'm not going to GZ sadly but i'd bring my 2 VFCs and my friend's RS type 56 and ICS MP5 (not the best MP5 replica, but nicer than TM). i could bring a cyma M14 too, not finished quite as nicely as the TM, but it's damn close and has laster longer than a TM upgraded to similar spec.

why limit yourself to japan when a new high end HK/taiwan (or anywhere really) based company could do far better if they put the effort in.

seconded n the magpul PDR

I don't really think I'm missing the point, but you're right. It has to be good.

So far, I haven't seen many non-Japanese guns that don't need at least something doing to them in order for them to function well.

I haven't heard much about RS's internals, so I couldn't comment on how reliable they are.

Now that TM have metal bodies, I don't really see how the Chinese can compete (They have metal/sometimes steel bodies mostly, but much less reliable mechboxes pulling way too powerful springs for their own good. Build quality and finish are generally horrible to the lower bracket of acceptable, depending on brand).

So I guess, as you say, that leaves the Taiwanese/HK companies, like CA. Fair enough, CA guns are nice, but the HOP isn't as good, and the finish on some is not BAD, per se, but just... the paint is a bit thin. I like my CA XM177E2, but it hasn't lasted as long as any of my TM's. The finish is chipped to hell, and the HOP slips every time you set it. A simple fix, but I'd prefer not to have to do it in the first place.

Where is RS from? Taiwan? I'd have to see the gun, and work with it awhile. I've heard the externals are nice, but what's inside the mechbox? Do they come in a reasonable FPS, or needlessly high? What's the HOP like?

A TM M14 doesn't need upgrades... The point is, the HOP is awesome enough to cope as it is, hehehehe.

Damn, everyone I've spoken to isn't going to GZ :( I am hehehehe. I'll bring both Tanakas, my WA SV Infinity, a horde of TM's, and a load of ammo. I'm taking my Kalash, so we'll see how well it does. I'm sure it'll be fine, but who knows?

Ben.

EDIT:: I would also like more choice of camo at UK retailers.

Where is RS from? Taiwan? I'd have to see the gun, and work with it awhile. I've heard the externals are nice, but what's inside the mechbox? Do they come in a reasonable FPS, or needlessly high? What's the HOP like?

hong kong :)

they only put out about 300 FPS, but the internals are built to withstand much more. sadly the hop is hard rubber (further re-enforcing the idea that it was built for 400+ FPS), but a guarder silicone rubber is all you need.

internally, the gears are very hard steel, very nicely cut (possibly the nicest stock gears i've seen), snorkelman's review reckons it was given a proper shim job too which i can back up after seeing my friend's.

apparently all the plastic parts are made of delrin, all i know is that they're bloody tough.

china are putting out cheap guns with steel bodies, build quality is often pretty good now, reliablity isnt a problem if you put a weaker spring in it (hell, it's not a problem with the stock spring half the time. as i said, the piston on a 350fps TM M14 failed months before a cyma that spent about 6 months at 390fps (both running on a 9.6V 3600 mAh battery) which is still going strong)

TM's new SOPMOD and AK are interesting and offer something new, but all of their old stuff i'd rather buy a clone and spend/save a bit of money. either way i'll be better off than if i'd have bought TM. oh, and now that cyma has cloned TM's AK blowback and grafted it onto a standard V3 i can get a cyma blowback gearbox and put it in my externally-superior-to-TM VFC, WIN :D

the hop on the cyma M14 is in my experience almost as good at a fraction of the price.

we should just agree to disagree. lets not forget this isnt meant to be TM Vs everything else argument (it seems one of these crops up every time we post in the same thread :P), i'm just saying that a high end manufacturer based outside of japan has the potential to make a better gun. current products are irrelevant, other countries have less restrictive laws and thus could/would be more likely to make a better product (e.g. TM dont improve their internals as they cant go over 300 odd FPS)

Plague: RS does sound pretty interesting. I just like the peace of mind with TM really. I know it's going to work great out of the box, and I don't have to mess with it at all. All my Japanese products have been like that. I guess that explains my brand loyalty, hehehehe.

Although, if that RS Dragunov was spring, I would have bought one by now :o

Ben.

on the subject of accurate 40mms i'd like to see some form of frag shell.

or preferably a revision of UK law that would allow companies to make 40mm impact igniting (doesnt detonate immediately, the impact would set off a chemical fuse that would take a second or so to detonate) pyro shells. at lest if they dont go off straight away there'll be no issue of damaged gear or a shell going off in someone's face.

So instead they go off after they ricochet off a tree or doorframe into someones face?

Archived