Products they SHOULD make

Furey

ive noticed that there must be what, about 100 odd Armalite variants available straight from the factory, let alone the kits and bits you can buy for them. theres also some really odd stuff on the market (adapter to put a coke bottle on your flash hider anyone?), but i think there are some obvious products that have been sought after for years but havnt been released.

Number one, by an absolute country mile is;

1. Thompson drum mag

now call me a complete lunatic, but is this not the one AEG in the world that truly deserves a drum mag, and yet is one of the few that doesnt have one? they would sell like hot cakes!

2. Clone rotary 40mm launcher

as a novelty gun, i couldnt justify spending hundreds on a caw launcher, but love it if somone could do a nice clone. would be nice simple gun to copy.

3. HK21

everyone likes G3's, everyone likes belt fed support guns. all it needs is some additions to an existing G3 model

4. high end mesh goggles that look like military type goggles

for when you are fed up with a cheapy sansei, but dont want to use lenses.

5. Heavy machine guns with really tough gearboxes

who wouldnt want a Dushka or a fifty cal? sites might even buy them for emplacements. perhaps not a great market for these, but they would still sell a fair few even at a high price.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they should just make a big 3D gun duplicating machine that folks can buy and take home to feed photos of obscure butt-ugly guns from the interweb into, and have it spit single skirmishable copies of them out :D

If they make it so that the non-refillable 'gun duplicating cartridges' that you have to buy for it double up as thompson drums when empty so much the better :)

can just pitcure it now

"HAH!! Ive just run off a Chinese type67 silenced pistol its so ugly no one else will want one!!"

"meh big deal I've just run off a North Korean type 68 its soo ugly not even I want it"

There are many, many guns and parts i would love to see, and i could make a huge list out of this post naming them all, but out of all of them, there is one thing in particular that is really missing badly! and i have a hard time understanding why it is still missing after so many years of Airsofting..

Why is there no Russian/Soviet sidearm? the AK is one of the most popular things going in Airsoft, probably only second to the M4 and the MP5, so how come nobody has made a propper skirmishable sidearm to go with the AK's?

There is only 2 guns out there, the Hudson TT-33, which is pants and not usefull, and the KSC CZ-75, which is not a good fit for an AK at all, it just barely passes because atleast its from Eastern Europe..

Comon! lets see a Makarov or APS! or even a CZ-52, or an UDAR, hell, anything! :(

Or maybe you could all sign a pertition with a gun that you all want and send it to TM / KSC / CA / ICS / KA and see what they say.

If they actually bother, since they have some first hand research about an item, to make the gun then try again.

If not then just accept that most far east manufacturers don't care for anyone outside of there own areas and will keep pumping out Armashites as long as people keep buying them.

'FireKnife'

Stoner AEG

Mosin Nagant spring rifle

PKM AEG

All of those have been made at least in kit from. A few of the other ones you have mentioned have been made as gas weapons, look into KTW.

I think they should just make a big 3D gun duplicating machine that folks can buy and take home to feed photos of obscure butt-ugly guns from the interweb into, and have it spit single skirmishable copies of them out :D

It's called a rapid prototyping machine, they cost an arm and a leg and run off auto CAD3D type software, toss in a close range 3D laser scanner and you can reverse engineer just about anything....DO WANT.

1. Thompson drum mag

now call me a complete lunatic, but is this not the one AEG in the world that truly deserves a drum mag, and yet is one of the few that doesnt have one? they would sell like hot cakes!

Well, they don't make them yet, but with a few modding skills, you can get a drum mag from a springer thompson and mod it to fit an aeg. Look up Killbucket's builds, he did it.

2. Clone rotary 40mm launcher

as a novelty gun, i couldnt justify spending hundreds on a caw launcher, but love it if somone could do a nice clone. would be nice simple gun to copy.

I agree, but if you are up to it, it might be possible to whip one up from PVC pipe, a clockwork winding mech, and a scratch built trigger.

3. HK21

everyone likes G3's, everyone likes belt fed support guns. all it needs is some additions to an existing G3 model

google "airsoft HK21". I could of swore I saw a custom made one on some other fourm I can't recall at the moment.

4. high end mesh goggles that look like military type goggles

for when you are fed up with a cheapy sansei, but dont want to use lenses.

IMO, the risk associated with mesh goggles are not worth the benefit. Personally, I've been using ESS flight deck goggles with Rainx with no fogging issues.

5. Heavy machine guns with really tough gearboxes

who wouldnt want a Dushka or a fifty cal? sites might even buy them for emplacements. perhaps not a great market for these, but they would still sell a fair few even at a high price.

go to air-sharp.com. killbucket used to make M2H with m249 gearboxes, and I am sure you can buy used ones or make one yourself with plans on his website.

1. Thompson drum mag

CYMA are releasing one soon, and a sorta-1928 (foregrip/ribbed barrel/Cutts flash hider but M1A1 upper receiver).

See my post in the Thompson thread in The Game section.

Edit: just saw the above post - Cybergun will no doubt be rebranded CYMA so is one and the same)

Why is there no Russian/Soviet sidearm? Comon! lets see a Makarov or APS! or even a CZ-52, or an UDAR, hell, anything! :(

great suggestion. surely a quick tweak of a PP-7 design would close this gap?

and a garand, yep would definately sell a few of those.

If not then just accept that most far east manufacturers don't care for anyone outside of there own areas and will keep pumping out Armashites as long as people keep buying them.

thats the crux of it. they wont seek out our suggestions so long as the market is happily lapping up generic M4's

Cybergun is releasing a 1928 (although not 100% correct) "Chicago Typewriter" this year WITH a drum mag.

Funk yeah! SOLD

thing is i dont want to custom build this stuff, (i certainly do enough of that) its stuff i think should be available off the shelf that would sell well. but its just a topic for converasation at the end of the day, i dont expect anyone to alter their business plan off of the back of a chat forum.

CYMA are releasing one soon, and a sorta-1928 (foregrip/ribbed barrel/Cutts flash hider but M1A1 upper receiver).

See my post in the Thompson thread in The Game section.

Edit: just saw the above post - Cybergun will no doubt be rebranded CYMA so is one and the same)

aha! i said it was a sound idea :) watch these sell like hot cakes.

im glad i didnt get too many hi-caps for my cyma thompson now. will leave it as an M1A1 but with a drum mag, they were issued for a short period of time before the 1928 version i think.

thanks for the info

Archived