Vanaras POM Grenade Problems

Josiah Hull

So I purchased two of the Vanaras POM 40mm grenades to test for the guys at my field (and to power my Bazooka I built). First impression was pretty good, but one of them leaked from the start. I took the internal parts from the one that did not leak and placed them in the leaky grenade and it still leaked. I could not figure it out, but it leaks pretty fast, as in I fill it for 4 seconds and 20 seconds later the grenade only launches a nerf about 40 feet at a 45 degree angle launch highth.

Now after further testing, the second grenade that was perfect from the begging has developed a fill valve problem. It no longer will accept gas, and what little is forced in it leakes out almost instantly.

This is after probably 20 or so firings of each grenade. They were properly lubed with silicoln oil and run on propane with a drop of oil added after two fills to the fill valve.

Anyone else having problems with their grenades, or have any ideas of fixing them? I havent found any other post online of people having problems with them at all so maybe I'm just unlucky and received lemons.

Archived