Systema Revolution Mini Review

Rightio, the Revolution M110 GB turned up and I installed this into my VFC HK416 this morning.

Initial impressions (using a 4300ma 8.4V battery NIMH), very snappy (responsive) and smooth. The trigger has a very short pull (so short I thought it was stuck at first) and the response is much better than my standard ver 2 GB fitted with extreeme fire AB Mosfet. (I havent got a PTW to compare to atm)

Installation

Easy to install but you need to change the cam that engages the selector plate with the Systema one included (this was a tight fit).

Performance

FPS is a steady 311 (95m/s)

ROF: According to the chrono its doing 20 s/s (which I assume is rps, correct me if this is wrong) with a 4300ma 8.4V battery.

And 26 s/s with a 2100ma 11.1 lipo

No feed problems to report.

I'll update this again after I have skirmished it.

Edited by Skippy

Was that 310fps with hop set at all? It could be that the Revolution has a full cylinder and you are using it on a M4 length barrel? An M110 would put out 363fps in a perfect world but the lowest I've seen from an M110 when everything is correct is 352fps.

I'm glad to read that U've tried a lipo on it. My Vltor setup has 12V 1400mAh NiMH and I was concerned if it'll fry the circuit (since the recommended was 8.4V/9.6V. When I get around to installing it into my Vltor, I'll let U know what mine chronos (yes mine's the exact same model as yours).

I received and installed a Systema hop in this and the velocity came up to the 110m/s mark but with some wildly low shots. Upon some good advice from Zshot I relubed the piston and cylinder head and the velocity stabilised dramatically.

I used trial and error to find the best hop rubber match and now have the setup running very smoothly.

I will be switching to midcaps to avoid feed issues that arise from the weaker hicap feed springs.

Thanks to Wallace at Zshot for the ongoing support.

Cheers

TC

Edited by Skippy
I received and installed a Systema hop in this and the velocity came up to the 110m/s mark but with some wildly low shots. Upon some good advice from Zshot I relubed the piston and cylinder head and the velocity stabilised dramatically.

I used trial and error to find the best hop rubber match and now have the setup running very smoothly.

I will be switching to midcaps to avoid feed issues that arise from the weaker hicap feed springs.

Thanks to Wallace at Zshot for the ongoing support.

Cheers

TC

Which bucking did you find worked best?

In fairness this could have given a steady FPS reading if it only had a 5 shot chrono test in the factory, as it would do 5 shots at say 110m/s then a low one and so on.

I only opened it up as I am comfortable with GB's and Zshot had offered to look at it for me (but I wasnt going to send it to the US for a regrease!)

Cheers

TC