DPM & MTP kit thread

used to wear my ubacs tucked in cos otherwise my belt order would rub against the wicking material and wear it down really quickly.

We would often wear our 95 shirts out in hot summers - with dirty looks from bean-counter types. Arrse has done the shirt/jacket debate to death - definite polarisation between the two camps...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that originally the 95 shirt was meant to be untucked etc but due to tradition and all the old farts being stuck in their ways we ended up tucking it in, any ways thats what ive heard around the barracks. Nice Pic DC any chance of a kit list?

Grim

Er, sure! That pic was at the start of my tour and the kit changed slightly after that picture.

There im wearing a WARRIOR RICAS compact (with medium SAPI plate in the front and an OSPREY plate in the back), on that i have mounted a frag pouch, small utility pouch (for medkit), 6x open mag pouch, small upright pouch on left side (unseen, i carried my camera in it!). I added a double pistol mag pouch next to the frag pouch later. All pouches are WARRIOR ASSAULT SYSTEMS.

Belt is a viper duty belt (the only piece of viper kit ive ever owned). Drop leg panels are WARRIOR. Right leg has a WARRIOR holster and double pistol mag pouch (replaced rapidly by a SPECOPS VAPOR holster in coyote brown, hence the pistol mags on the chest)

Left leg has either 4x mags or a utility pouch, depending on the OP. Im wearing DDPM UBACS and trousers, blackhawk v2 SOLAGS (back when they actually made them with cut off fingers:) ), 8 inch Oakley SI boots and a cap bought off an Afghan.

Not seen are my Blackhawk V2 kneepads, camelbak and Grab bag (locally made). My grab bag contained another 4 rifle mags, extra med kit, an emergency map, radio and as many frag grenades as i could possibly ram into it. I called it my bag of love, and the SF guys were continually borrowing my grenades for ops as i tended to carry more than everybody else put together :P

I also sometimes wore my ESS glasses.

Darkchild

Edited by darkchild130
So you could carry up to 14 mags? WooooW!

What rifle did you use?

I used an L85A2, best damn figthing rifle in service today!

Something i forgot to add to the kitlist, i also carried a black tanto Ka-bar mounted on my belt and attached to the left leg panel.

And Grim, that isnt PECOC gear, its an OSPREY cover made in the new DPM. PECOC body armour is completely different to that shiz.

Darkchild

Edited by darkchild130
And Grim, that isnt PECOC gear, its an OSPREY cover made in the new DPM. PECOC body armour is completely different to that shiz.

Darkchild

+1. Apparently a bunch of Ospreys were made in the PECOC webbing pattern, and then when the Navy deployed they were the most readily available Ospreys, so they got them.

Not much point against pirates - point the minigun in the vague direction of the boat and watch the boat evaporate instantly...

The ospreys were part of the original trials kit but quickly got changed for the new design. Amazingly efficient of the MoD to use them rather than let them molder in a warehouse and buy new ones...

ahh i thought the new DPM was called PECOC or is that the general teninoligy of the new armour and load carrying equipment?

Im on the derby trophy training this weekend im taking my digi camera so might have some pics for yall (just need to find my dump pouch now)

Grim

Not sure whether there's any overlap between the 2, but it seems FIST is all the comms, armour and weaponry related general high-tech stuff, where PECOC is all the webbing, plate carriers, boots, BDUs, etc; including new kinds of camo patterns, not sure if it covers any of the armour/weapon upgrades.

Edited by CKinnerley

FIST is the technology research program aimed at giving combat troops best available equipment. Includes armour, optics, electronics/comms and anything that could improve infantry role. Some of FIST will be integrated into PECOC, which is the latest clothing/PLCE/armour upgarde program. PECOC includes the new versions of DPM, DDPM and the universal DPM used on the PLCE and Armour, as seen on the Osprey above.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Strikeforce-Supplies

Under 'combat accessories'.

More of it around on ebay but I've never found it anywhere for particularly cheap. That said, for about £15 (in most places) you get 50m of tape, so unless you just love the stuff I would imagine a roll could last you quite a few years.