DPM & MTP kit thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find that most other patterns seem to be solely for one terrain type, i.e CADPAT is awesome in grassland, but not so great in a dark/brown forest.

What i found with DPM is that it seems to work quite well in mainly greeen or brown areas. Oh about digitalizing it...it looks ######. Its the same pattern copyied and pasted, so much for the main rule of camoflage. no symmetry :P

which Molle, vests/etc work well with the DPM Under armour shirt?

I just find that in summer it can be way too hot to be running about with the jacket on, although ive never played in just a shirt, are they any good with the sleeves rolled down?

thanks

I find the CIRAS works well with a blast belt over the UBACS:

GEDC0006.jpg

I never understood why such a kickass military such as the Brits would use such a sheisty breakup pattern :/ Cmon guy's this is the 21st century... get some MC or digital breakup haha. :D

Multicam? The british military? Does.. not.. compute....

Honestly though, it's not all about the camo pattern you wear, the best, most effective camouflage comes from stuff other than your BDUs I've always found. I'm what the average infantryman would refer to as a 'REMF', but even I've got the training to do a serious dis-appearing act in a bit of foliage, nothing beats good use of cam cream and applying local plant life to your helmet and webbing.

I remember at recruit, week 6 of 9, rifles and combat skills (range estimation, moving as a section, target indication, effective observation techniques etc etc); trekked a little way out in to the woods around the training hangar, standing around as the Cpl briefed us on how to apply cam cream and other camouflage skills. Next thing we all know 3 guys in bog standard 1990's issue kit just melt out of the tree line. It really wasn't particularly dense woodland either and there had been 60 pairs of eyes standing there for a good 20 minutes and not 1 of us wasn't seriously surprised when those 3 appeared.

Edited by CKinnerley
I never understood why such a kickass military such as the Brits would use such a sheisty breakup pattern :/ Cmon guy's this is the 21st century... get some MC or digital breakup haha. :D

Why are MC/ Digi Cam any better? They look more Gucci, granted, but do they do a better job of hiding someone?

touche. some kind of ACU gortex is in order then :)

on a serious DPM kit related note do the dutch combat shirts have a zip like the German ones, as i think they're the same cut but I've only found used ones without zips. only the poppers.

it it just a common mod in dutch circles or are they made like that?

i think its due to my fairly rough and tumble style of getting through bushes and usage of a MAV as opposed to it being a design flaw, and yeah if i can find a black or OD zip on the cheap i might well do so, good idea. i only have a white ones at the moment for some reason.

incidentally having unpicked the separators in the shoulder pocket i found it just the right size for a cam cream case. although i mostly use it for any junk that wont fit anywhere else.

Edited by Mr. Jon