DPM & MTP kit thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife and I wore Desert DPM in last weekends skirmish at Xsite, not attempting any type of look just opted for the Desert as it was warm and sunny day. :)

Going to move my pouches on my Oprey as she was a little front heavy will keep the three mag CQB pouch on the front but start using a drop leg to carry the other four mags and move the pistol pouch.

Credit to the site photographer to whom to the in game shots.

Cheers

Rich

89440168.th.jpg

84984013.th.jpg

84920087.th.jpg

87017786.th.jpg

68338307.th.jpg

To secure the velcro that holds the front and back together. To cover the throat-armour mounting points (they dig into my neck without a collared shirt). And to stop patrol pack straps from snagging on the various poppers, straps and flaps when doning and doffing.

Its gangster-rigged but it works.

Edited by -Angel-

Why would you need tape to secure the velcro? My Osprey used to weigh about 60lb in Iraq and the velcro held up fine. You should just cut the collar attachments off if you dont like them digging into your neck, a lot of our guys do that too.

But feel free to ignore me, its your rig :)

Darkchild

No problem. I respect the opinion, afterall, you've had to use it for real.

I'd rather not cut anything off, for resale value primarily. I've found the tape does an adequate job of keeping the attachments in place, so i'm happy to leave it there until something goes wrong. Its not causing any harm anyway.

Our team will be at Finmere this month sporting our new under armour shirts, so will get some pictures and put them up.

Nice rig Angel,

Question do they plan on bring it out in for woodland or is the osprey ment just for the current theaters of Op ?

Thanks, i'm getting an NI pack and V12's from Roy (trojan) this weekend. Once i've picked those up, I just need to hire a Ross Kemp lookalike to follow me around at skirmish and talk in a husky voice :P.

From what i've read, PECOC is likely to be sorted out before we kick off a temperate conflict, so its unlikely the osprey will be seen (aside from trial models) in DPM.

Again, dark is the man to speak to on that, considering hes a guinea pig for the gear trials :P.

Nice rig angel looks great. I peel the collar attachments over so the velcro on them is facing up and they stay that way wonce ints on me, but if the green tape works for you then roll with it. after all its your personal kit and choice, and im actually quite liking it.

Dark child 60lbs is that including the plates and liner? just what did you carry on your osprey to make it weigh 60 odd lbs?

I cant decide wearther to wear my desert DPM with osprey at the GZ weekender or wear my tiger stripes with my CIRAS nowm ahh well. Any one else keep your osprey pics coming in it will be great to see you you all have them rigged up.

Grim

After seeing the picture of yours I did flip them over so the velcro faced up, thanks for the pointer! Left the tape on to cover them too, i'll see how it works out sometime, between WW2 games and marshalling I've not had much skirmish action recently :(.

Edited by -Angel-

Do you buy osprey because its accually a good plate carrier or to be part of the british army loadout cause i realy dont like them no offence as the loadouts ive seen woth them look very authentic but i just hate them. Ive worn a few and they are alrite nothing special and i hate the plates being so far out as you cant realy run it with double m4 pouches because they would stick out so far plus with the plate you cant fit 4 sets on the frount as the plate isnt wid enough, lastly they dont come in OD for obvious reasons so ill be sticking with ym RICAS :D rant over now. So are they accually good ???

I havnt had much time for my DDPMs as of late, i have been using kit from the TO BE USED PILE! Ha ha. Have you padded your osprey out with anything? I have used old roll mad for the liner inserts and tough foam out of some stroage boxes in the plate pouches. I think buzzsaw had padded his plate pouches out as well. Not sure what with though.

Grim

Have you padded your osprey out with anything? I have used old roll mad for the liner inserts and tough foam out of some stroage boxes in the plate pouches.

Yeh, i've got some real deal Pointblank lvl IIIA inserts in there (suprisingly decent fit. They go in my CIRAS nicely too) and I made some mock-plates from 4-5 layers of thick cardboard wrapped in parcel tape. The whole thing has a much better shape now.

Boom - I love it. I initially bought the Osprey as part of an 'impression' but now its set up, its one of the most comfortable carriers i've used. I certainly prefer it to my Eagle CIRAS.

Dark child 60lbs is that including the plates and liner? just what did you carry on your osprey to make it weigh 60 odd lbs?

Grim

Ammo.

And im not a guineas pig, they are the trial troops. I assess the kit as part of the trials team (and steal as much gucci kit as possible)

Darkchild

Boom - I love it. I initially bought the Osprey as part of an 'impression' but now its set up, its one of the most comfortable carriers i've used. I certainly prefer it to my Eagle CIRAS.

Must just be me then i have a small vendetta against british webbing and loadbearing/bodyarmour

for example i dont get why they still issue belt kit. I get so much jip when on exercise with the ATC about my RICAS lol its nick named the "wardrobe" me myself "kitboy" :P but i can carry so much more stuff than them with thier belt kit, if they carried as much kit as i can on their belts it would probs damage their back and i all i get is sore shoulders :D i think on my last exercise i was rolling with 1stone 4pounds worth of RICAS with full bladder but managed even tho im only 5ft6 lol i tihnk another reason for hating PLCE is my obvious geardoism and not wanting old kit only the best.

Its the same with the osprey i just dont like it for the reasons above but if it works for you great theres just no pleasing me sometimes :P

Dont worry about it, i despise pretty much all issued kit bar the L85A2. Thats why im on the infantry trials team, to try and make the ###### they bring into service a little bit better.

Darkchild

yeah im with you on that and i didnt used to like the l85a2 until the recent upgrade i still dont like the pistol grip lol realy painful after a while anyways

Im soon to be going for another week of work experiance with the MOD and i shall see if i can get a day or 2 in the defence clothing department offer a few suggestions ;) like i did in small arms.

I always end up wearing gloves as the knuckle on my thumb rubs on the pristol grip and over the day it becomes raw and very sore. Speaking of gloces darkchild have you got a verdict on those hard knuckled DPM gloves u posted a pic up of a while back?

Grim