DPM & MTP kit thread

Yeah that's one of the pictures I was referring to Doughguy (sorry, I called you Doughboy in my initial post!)

And there is the picture darkchild posted of his buddy in Afghan but that's all I could find.

On a similar note I'm about to buy a DPM smock to use for hunting but I'm a bit unsure about the sizing, I realise they are made large but how large?

My chest is around 41-42 inches and I was planning on buying a size 104 but should I go lower and consider a size 96?

Any help would be appreciated.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this would be a good place as well to put this question:

I'm looking to acquire a DPM Set for Woodland Combat. I have my Eyes on the Webtex Combat Shirt and the Arktis Sniper Trousers from Flecktarn. The only thing i'm not sure about is the sizing - do these sizes come close to the US Sizes, i.e. the stuff made by Proper, which fits me perfectly in "Small".

I guess the Webtex Combat Shirt is not genuine issue then? Does it come close quality wise?

The Webtex shirt is a POS compared to the real one. It has zip off sleeves and button sleeve pockets, both are a pain in the *albartroth*. The real one has neither and opts for velcro pockets.

DSC_0020-3.jpg

The guy I snagged mine off of on eBay was call-sign-f32a and they were pretty cheap considering how 'rare' they are. Comes new in bag with all the pads and tags.

DSC_0019.jpgDSC_0018-1.jpg

My shirt was relative to American sizes, and since I'm *fruitcage* off tall, I bought an XL. Gives me plenty of gut space :P

Edited by Lerch
I'm looking to acquire a DPM Set for Woodland Combat. I have my Eyes on the Webtex Combat Shirt and the Arktis Sniper Trousers from Flecktarn. The only thing i'm not sure about is the sizing - do these sizes come close to the US Sizes, i.e. the stuff made by Proper, which fits me perfectly in "Small".

I'd say you're going about that in a rather odd way to be honest, the webtex shirt is cheap and awful while the arktis trousers are uuuuuuber expensive. I think you'd be a lot better off with a proper, issue UBACS and a standard pair of CS95 trousers, would work out much cheaper to.

Edit: On a side note, after having it for not far off a year now, I've only just noticed my UBACS has a label in it:

dsc00186ws.jpg

Interesting...

Edited by CKinnerley

That looks pretty sweet ^ Surprised something like that wasn't designed for issue during Afghan/desert winters, that said there is the reversible snugpack jacket.

My 20 minutes effort this evening. Inspired by CKinnerly's MICH/XC Camera set up and a pic I saw of some trials PECOC kit before the Mk 7 design was finalised.

Its a black clone MICH 2001 with a Tachyon XC goggle strap mount epoxied onto it, add a large Mk6 helmet cover and give it some scrim and sniper tape treatment and you're done.

GunsGunsGuns085.jpgGunsGunsGuns086.jpg

GunsGunsGuns087.jpgGunsGunsGuns088.jpg

That is freakin awesome, waaay better than what I did with mine, particularly like the writing on the tape, I really did lol. Have you taken anything with it yet?

@ Grim, do you have any idea why the back is all camo but the front isn't? I've never been able to figure that out, I'd always have thought your back is just as likely to be covered by your gear as your front is. Looks cool either way, always thought their stuff was fairly pricey though, how's it built?

That is freakin awesome, waaay better than what I did with mine, particularly like the writing on the tape, I really did lol. Have you taken anything with it yet?

Not yet, not got a chance to skirmish with it until the end of November though I might do a quick 30 second muck about with it to check perspectives and such tomorrow, not that theres much I can do to adjust it if something is off :P

Still, its about 2-4 inches above my eye level and is canted ever so slightly to the left so hopefully it will have a good "6 foot something eyes view over the shoulder" view. Got myself some Class 6 Kingston 8GB SDHC cards for it too so hopefully no more memory issues (had a few with some cheapy bytestar one...but for £10 with a free USB reader I cannae complain).