DPM & MTP kit thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Alliness saves lives Brother!! :D There are more pics of me today in the "in the field at a game" thread (shameless plug)

Thanks for the compliment, i thought i'd mix it up a bit old school with the MOLLE gear, pleased at how it turned out.

I should have taken the shots at the end of the day when i was sweaty and covered in dirt though, would've looked much better!

EDIT: here's another one i like.

a.jpg

This is not posed by the way.

Darkchild

Edited by darkchild130

Darkchild, were those pics taken just before Private Hudson speech? And how accessible are those back mounted bandoleer pouches? Looks good for crawling about with.

I really need to get to a skirmish...I refuse to play dress up in the back garden. :P

Hard to see precisely, but it looks like you've got your green belt on your trousers there; obviously I'm no marine but I was always taught that that comes off when you're in the field, as opposed to being in barracks where you'd wear it. Your beret's pulled too far down, particularly on one side, it's meant to sort of sit on top your head, rather than pulled down around it; plus I'd imagine you'd never catch a marine dead with the bow still sticking out at the back, tuck it in or remove the cord entirely. Also your sling shouldn't really be anywhere near that loose with the QR buckle still done up, and I don't think there was any attachments/LLMs knocking about for the handguard back in 02. Probably want to sort your boot laces out by doubling them around the top of your ankle, and don't tuck the bottoms of your trousers in if that's what you're doing at the moment. Cam cream seems rather sparing, and I'm not sure about the folding up of the collar either.

Just a few observations, I'm sure someone who's more 'front line' than me will come along and correct my remf'y mistakes.

Looks great :D

But no water?

My water bottle is in my utility pouch (r/hand side)

Darkchild - Nice kit and loving the dpm. Were is your sa80? thought you were pimping it out with the all the stuff you could get your hands on.

matt

p.s By the way you have a realy scary eyes (the death stare).

Zeroone STILL have not got my SA80 yet :(

And i have scary eyes because im a scary person.

Never thought I'd see the day where Magpul and tropicals would be in the same picture. Really must get myself some one of these days, see what all the fuss is about, they surely must work quite well for summer skirmishing.

TBH im only wearing them because one of my SF buddies got them for me (trops are their working dress)

Darkchild, were those pics taken just before Private Hudson speech? And how accessible are those back mounted bandoleer pouches? Looks good for crawling about with.

I really need to get to a skirmish...I refuse to play dress up in the back garden. :P

the pouches are completely inaccessible. I have to take the bandoleer off to get to them. the point is, i can re-plen myself in the field with essentials like mags, ammo, batteries, without leaving the playing area and without carrying a daysack. It has exactly what i need in it.

I just switch stuff around when there's a lull in the battle.

WTF is the Private Hudson speech? the only Hudson i know off was in Aliens!

Darkchild

the pouches are completely inaccessible. I have to take the bandoleer off to get to them. the point is, i can re-plen myself in the field with essentials like mags, ammo, batteries, without leaving the playing area and without carrying a daysack. It has exactly what i need in it.

I just switch stuff around when there's a lull in the battle.

WTF is the Private Hudson speech? the only Hudson i know off was in Aliens!

Darkchild

Ah, I thought that you'd just sling it around but I get what replen idea. And the Aliens Hudson was the one I was referring to, think it's the way you're standing in the first pic as well as the dob off inverted knife that made me think of one Hudson's first major lines "I'm ready, man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State of the badass art!You do NOT wanna *fruitcage* with me"

Of course Arnies' swear filter makes that particular line a little more surreal...

What a REMFy response! :P

The reason we carry sandbags on our webbing is so the Reserve section in a platoon attack can ferry fresh mags to the firesupport section and take their empties back to be refilled.

Everyone carries one so anybody can be tasked to do this on short notice. Another common use for the sandbag is for the Section 2-ic to collect everybody's waterbottles up for replen when in a harbour area.

Darkchild