DPM & MTP kit thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol. Dont Worry theres a 2nd set of MARPATs securely stored next to my set which my girlfriends going to using at the weekender. ha ha. *albatross* for the lingerie ill leave her to surprise me. Which UBACS is that one you have your gf dressed in? Is it the 1st pattern DPM UBACS with the green coolmax materiel?

Grim

Lol. Dont Worry theres a 2nd set of MARPATs securely stored next to my set which my girlfriends going to using at the weekender. ha ha. *albatross* for the lingerie ill leave her to surprise me. Which UBACS is that one you have your gf dressed in? Is it the 1st pattern DPM UBACS with the green coolmax materiel?

Grim

Is that an issue UBACS or a commercial replica? Thought the wicking bit on the torso was brown....

To be quite honest, I'm not sure exactly what it is, my best guess is that it's an initial prototype version of the issue one. I've had it for a couple of years now, I do know it's got no commercial manufacturer's name anywhere on it, the t-shirt portion is exactly the same stuff as an issue t-shirt, and the label it does have inside is the exact same as the familiar olive green CS95 label, with NSN, 'Name:', 'Number:', etc on it. It's a really nice bit of kit either way, far less sweaty than the normal t-shirt/lightweight jacket combination; that one's been washed a shed load of times too, compared to all my issue greens it just doesn't fade at all.

So its the 1st initial run then i remember all the 1st pattern UBACS i saw in DPM had the green coolmax material. Where did you get it from? they are like rocking horse sh!t to find now, the markets full of the Viper and 2nd pattern (Brown coolmax) UBACS now.

Grim

I was wondering the same as RSM, given that all the issue UBACS I've seen in the usual DPM have the wicking area in that purple/brownish hue. These look way better and it does indeed look like the issue one, it's easy to tell issue from the nasty Viper stuff as the velcro layout is different in the arms.

On a side note, do you guys usually remove the padding by the way? I've been using my DDPM UBACS with the full padding layout to this day, wondering if most people remove it or leave it. It's a bit weird at first but I got used to it, though sometimes I really miss rolling up my sleeves.

Its a personal choice really. Ive got friends who remove it all, some who leave it all in, and some who remove only certain pads. I personally remove the forearm pads so i can roll my sleeves up a little, but i leave the shoulder and elbow pads in for comfort in wearing load bearing gear, and when prone (for my elbows.

Grim

I Too have one of the initial production run UBACS with the green torso, bought it at the end of 2007. I prefer the brown torso ones.

@solid Snake: first thing i do when i get a new UBACS is remove all the padding, that ###### is too hot.

Darkchild

Got to try on my mates Mk7 the other day was comfy, but i still think it should have been made with the US MICH style pad system instead of the Mk6A mesh suspension system. although i do like the double pop stud on the chin strap instead of the old 1 pop stud.

Grim