DPM & MTP kit thread

Got to try on my mates Mk7 the other day was comfy, but i still think it should have been made with the US MICH style pad system instead of the Mk6A mesh suspension system. although i do like the double pop stud on the chin strap instead of the old 1 pop stud.

Grim

Pad systems were trialled but they absorb sweat and become a hygeine problem after a couple of days hard work. The next gen helmet is looking at having a pad system with the pads covered in leather.

The double popstud was brought in to assist with donning the helmet with a respirator (instead of using elastic/keyrings like we used to)

Darkchild

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, quick question - I believe I may have the wrong sized smock.

Having never been measured and issued with gear (that's the cadet forces for ya) I've never had the right size kit.

I am 178 centimetres tall and very skinny with a 28 in waist. No idea what my chest size is and I'm pretty certain it's rather small.

I have a size 180/104 smock (sounds sensible to have the 180 if I'm 178 cm tall rather than to have a 170) - and yet the bottom of the smock comes down halfway below my map pockets on my combat trousers. The 170/104 smock comes down to just above the map pockets - which I am told is the correct fit, but I'm not certain of that. I thought smocks were meant to be monsters.

http://rugbyaircadets.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=98187450 - I'm the bloke second from the right in the bush hat with the massive smock lol.

Is this how the new(ish) smock (Smock Combat Windproof, Woodland DP) is supposed to fit?

(edited for spelling)

Edited by signal319

Came across a load of MTP CS95s lying around a survival equipment bay at one of the flying squadrons here today. Funny stuff, exact same cut as CS95 which does look quite strange when you first lay eyes on it, really subtle difference from multicam until you really do look up close; extremely thin material too, hopefully it's just deceptively strong, although it's for wearing in the desert so the lighter weight the better I suppose.

Indeed, allyness ftw. However, its not 1995 anymore and a giant smock is about as ally as wearing tropics in the snow, ie pointless.

Actual combat has taught us that we need kit that fits properly, your better off just wearing a shirt as it integrates better with armour/load bearing gear.

Darkchild

from one of the last games...

CIMG1301.jpg

kitlist:

dpm s2000 smock

issued windproof rip-stop trousers dpm

tas operators rig

meindl desert fox

7 year old mask :)

cyma ak74

rrvpouchessmall2.jpg

the pouches from left to right:

issued ddpm utility pouch

issued ddpm small utility pouch

5.11 double magazone pouch od

tas admin pouch tan

issued ddpm canteen pouch

issued ddpm magazine pouch

from one of the last games...

kitlist:

dpm s2000 smock

issued windproof rip-stop trousers dpm

tas operators rig

meindl desert fox

7 year old mask :)

cyma ak74

the pouches from left to right:

issued ddpm utility pouch

issued ddpm small utility pouch

5.11 double magazone pouch od

tas admin pouch tan

issued ddpm canteen pouch

issued ddpm magazine pouch

Nice setup, but it needs a lid! Get a boonie on that.