DPM & MTP kit thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. no British army Issue weapon ? maybe it diemaco but with this kit, it looks very strange.....

2. no Body Armour

3. Shirt not tucked

4. I think that helmet is small in size

5. PLCE not fit

impression that the shoe is also not Issue

sadly too little resolution

Edited by ernesto

ernesto, this is the 'DPM and MTP kit' thread, for any kit or load-out pictures that include DPM or MTP, it's not a British military impressions thread, there's no requirement for anything posted to be 'correct' to anything. There's no sense in picking out inaccuracies on someone when it's just their generic, skirmisher 'whatever suits them best' load-out.

1. no British army Issue weapon ? maybe it diemaco but with this kit, it looks very strange.....

It's not a regular infantry kit, trying to work on a pre-MICH UKSF loadout so diemaco is correct. I would have had my gimpy but it didn't arrive in time

2. no Body Armour

Was wearing a BHI ddpm plate carrier but ditched it due to my pistol going down and not needing it.

3. Shirt not tucked

I'll try to look smarter next time I've just been running around getting shot at :P

4. I think that helmet is small in size

It's a size large... :unsure:

5. PLCE not fit

I had problems with the roll pin belt but otherwise found it pretty comfortable that way.

impression that the shoe is also not Issue.

Shoes are a meindl-alike hiking trainer,

Cheers for the feedback, I do agree on the plce not fitting right as I ended up having problems when the roll pin belt undid when I ran but otherwise by that point of the day I was going for comfort rather than exact re-enactment ;)

There's really not much I can do about the helmet as I have a large head and they don't make any larger helmets, I find it comfortable and I have my radio headset wired into it. It's pushed back a bit on my head in those pics but still...

Cheers for the feedback, I do agree on the plce not fitting right as I ended up having problems when the roll pin belt undid when I ran but otherwise by that point of the day I was going for comfort rather than exact re-enactment ;)

There's really not much I can do about the helmet as I have a large head and they don't make any larger helmets, I find it comfortable and I have my radio headset wired into it. It's pushed back a bit on my head in those pics but still...

Dave

very pleased that you have embraced my criticism, it's good.

the photo you have a helmet is not naturally strongly shifted to the back, I assumed that the problem in its size ....

I was confused as the presence of the presence of helmet, but you do not have body armor .... are not accustomed to looking at the real picture ...

I think this is a friendly discussion is not anyone was hurt ... :)

this 2 years old foto, my UKSF kit .... :P

13143690.jpg

09566798i.jpg

Edited by ernesto

LOL I don't fancy the Walten-Kommando hunting me down to my bunker... I spent eight years of my life 'earning' the right to wear that beret and cap-badge and therefore the right to play "toy guns" whilst wearing it :D

And yes if anyone can spot the badge they get a cyber cookie...Hence my inverted commas about the word "earn."

Edited by Red5

well black beret and the round badge with crown kinda says B&R, but your kit and manner doesnt really say cavalry to me...

TBH the quantity of random infantry badges in the 70's always leaves me lost - too many almalgamations an disbandments between then and me...