DPM & MTP kit thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SFSG and the Pathfinders use the Osprey off and on depending on what unit they are, where they are blah blah blah. British SF units get issued a big bag full of Paraclete and Blackhawk kit so then don't tend to use the Osprey at all.

I know recently that SFSG have been using the new Mk4 Ospreys again as they are much better than the older ones. But you won't be able to get hold of them legally yet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really? :/ When I searched google before asking here I couldn't find much info, but I got the perception that they are held in higher regard than Web-Tex at least. Perhaps not really saying much of the quality though considering how bad Web-Tex supposedly is.

I want my pouches in temperate DPM camo so that's a problem when looking around. I really like the Range Master pouches quality-wise. I ordered this one anyway http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MjYzWDE5Mg==/$(KGrHqR,!l!E9Hm73Po1BPVlmeV6tw~~60_35.JPG from BCB, will be interesting to see what it is like. :)

I had never heard of G1098 before actually, but now that I looked them up they have some nice things. Thanks for the tip. :)

You can also look-up Begadi's stuff (begadi.de), they do DPM, although I'm not entirely sure how their DPM matches up compared to traditional UK DPM. It looks more akin to Portuguese DPM or the old UK Tropical DPM -- the green seems "brighter", more vivid. Pattern seems to have larger shapes, too.

Unsure of their quality, but I believe it's quality stuff, 1000D and have heard good stuff from them.

• 2 weeks later...

spotted the Most ally guy this side of the last falklands just now. Para, in a '90 dpm parasmock dress pips on the shoulder! '58 web belt on top. mtp trousers looking like they have never seen an iron and a few sizes too big. od jungle boots oldschool panama soles.

All this guy was missing was a sweet *albatross* mustache and he was set for the hill.

I would call Walt if it were not for the 4 guys with him who I would actually buy as squaddies. and he got off at colchester which is proof enough of being genuine or suicidal. I did snap a cheeky photo as I was heading to the platform Will poke it up later.

Not saying they can't dress as they wish but one would expect a better turn out of a Captain

Sorry for the old-ish revive on this post but was it this man? Really reminds me of him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacko_Page

Met him last year and that pretty much describes him, had SAS marked rank slides too.

Though being the Directors Special Forces may excuse that? :L

Nope not that guy. I lost the picture during a hard reset of my phone :( i have seen a couple of MTP and DPM mashups since so i'm assuming it has a degree of acceptability.

Up to a point, and only because most people can't tell the difference between Multicam and MTP. Usual rules in the filed/on Ops apply - ie if it works, fine, but don't take the p**s.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Tropicals aren't OPFOR surely? I saw a section of SFSG guys here wearing that stuff just last week, heh.

Went down to stores the other day for some stuff to replace my CS95:

IMG_0503.jpg

Haven't unpackaged it all, not much need to. Why they're giving me camo rank tabs I'm not sure either since I have to wear blue ones; someone evidently thinks I'm more tactical than I actually am.

Overall though I have to say it's not at all unpleasant to wear. It's not going to be as good in the winter and I really felt for guys I saw in the falklands who'd had their CS95 replaced with this when I was still wearing mine, and making a lot of the insides out of weak mesh instead of poly/cotton was a bad idea. But on the other hand doing away with all the buttons down the shirt is nice, and they've kept the zips on the filed jacket chest pockets which I'm very pleased about, and having all these extra sleeve pockets and velcro for patches when 'softing is going to come in handy.

Right, only a preliminary pic took in a mirror for now as there is nobody about to take one for me.

Not skirmished it yet, but initial impressions are that I like it a lot.

The shirt feels better to wear than the UBACS I wear with my temperate DPM.

bcf65e66.jpg?t=1343770260

(yes, there are stickers and crud all over the mirror, my sisters room is the only room with a full length mirror.)

Edited by scorch
  • 2 weeks later...

Tropicals aren't OPFOR surely? I saw a section of SFSG guys here wearing that stuff just last week, heh.

Went down to stores the other day for some stuff to replace my CS95:

IMG_0503.jpg

Haven't unpackaged it all, not much need to. Why they're giving me camo rank tabs I'm not sure either since I have to wear blue ones; someone evidently thinks I'm more tactical than I actually am.

Overall though I have to say it's not at all unpleasant to wear. It's not going to be as good in the winter and I really felt for guys I saw in the falklands who'd had their CS95 replaced with this when I was still wearing mine, and making a lot of the insides out of weak mesh instead of poly/cotton was a bad idea. But on the other hand doing away with all the buttons down the shirt is nice, and they've kept the zips on the filed jacket chest pockets which I'm very pleased about, and having all these extra sleeve pockets and velcro for patches when 'softing is going to come in handy.

Lol wish I had access to your stores lol.... Take me back a few years lol.. :nosleep::rolleyes::D

• 1 month later...