DPM & MTP kit thread

British Animal Mother!

BritishAnimalMother.jpg

Not much DPM but I had to post this pic!

He appears to have another squaddie strapped to his back - MOD's latest design for Body armour? :D

On topic: I've finally gotten my greenside DPM top, and will be running a Woodland rig like so:

Woodland DPM

OD Wasatch

Whatever rifle I take the fancy of at the time

Is using non-DPM gear with DPM considered sacrilege?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, i got it when they 1st released the L85 series but dont use it alot. The Aimpoint fites pretty well even without the dovetail adaptor, i just used a multitool to grip the bolt and tighten it beyond finger tight, I normally have my full sized A2 foregrip on it but decided otherwise today out of randomness ha ha.

Grim

Webtex UBACS? I only ask because other than the one I got a while back with the green sweat-wicking portion (of unknown origin) they're the only manufacturer I've seen do a temperate one. If so, what's it like?

It's pretty good.The material matches up to a new pair of temperate DPM trousers I've just bought. I've had it a few weeks but only worn it once to a game.I'm not sure who exactly makes it, but the one linked above is the same (though I got mine from cadetdirect.co.uk) As it is, I bought it one size larger than I probably needed as it's a bit baggy on me.

Where I play it gets pretty windy and the temperature drops by a fair bit. That day I got away with wearing my Underarmour Coldgear shirt and trousers, windproof dessies and the UBACS with the vest and I was comfortable all day, not too hot or cold at all.

Cheers

Jon

Does look different to the webtex version when comparing. Plus, since you've said it's actually quite decent there's no way it was gonna be webtex. Must be the same manufacturer that made mine when the centre portion was green, but evidently in the new batch they've gone for brown, wonder who it is making 'em...

Anyway, load-out looks good mate, personally I'd tuck in the UBACS and tighten the draw strings at the bottom of the trousers to neaten things up, that's only me nit-picking though. Who makes the vest/pouches?

Does look different to the webtex version when comparing. Plus, since you've said it's actually quite decent there's no way it was gonna be webtex. Must be the same manufacturer that made mine when the centre portion was green, but evidently in the new batch they've gone for brown, wonder who it is making 'em...

Anyway, load-out looks good mate, personally I'd tuck in the UBACS and tighten the draw strings at the bottom of the trousers to neaten things up, that's only me nit-picking though. Who makes the vest/pouches?

The UBACS was tucked in at the beginning of the day, same about the trousers, but that photo was taken after 5 hours of playing so everything had shifted and I didn't bother tidying it up :)

The vest is a Warrior RICAS Compact M4, which is an excellent bit of kit. I've been using Warrior stuff for the last few years and it's always impressed me, and this is no exception. The belt is a Warrior Duty, my arm is covering a Blackhawk Omega VI leg Holster, which is also another nice bit of kit.

Cheers

Jon

Thats the load out i wanna do for my SAS type look. Did you get the RICAS from UK tactical?

Nice load out Jon.

CK: Is the whole tidying up thing Thansk to SWO? Cos i admit every SWO ive ever met has always ripped me a knew one even when id spent days on my uniform.

The UBACS was tucked in at the beginning of the day, same about the trousers, but that photo was taken after 5 hours of playing so everything had shifted and I didn't bother tidying it up :)
Perfectly fair enough mate, if I've been skirmishing all day I know I'm always pretty *fruitcage*ed by the end. Nice to hear you like the RICAS compact as well, I'm just waiting on UK Tac to dispatch one for me with a load of pouches; once they get the stock in of course. :rolleyes:

CK: Is the whole tidying up thing Thansk to SWO? Cos i admit every SWO ive ever met has always ripped me a knew one even when id spent days on my uniform.
I would like to say it was basic training which made me that way, but really it's just my natural OCD.

I heard that originally the 95 shirt was meant to be untucked etc but due to tradition and all the old farts being stuck in their ways we ended up tucking it in, any ways thats what ive heard around the barracks. Nice Pic DC any chance of a kit list?

Grim