DPM & MTP kit thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloody hell, we've got one of those exact land rovers as a work wagon. The rear doors are practically impossible to navigate through in normal clothes, hope no ones trying to get in/out of that thing wearing full kit?

You're definitely right...

You can imagine what trouble passing thru' those doors is for a big boy like me...

• 2 weeks later...
30th/31st May 2009 - Castellina Marittima, Tuscany, Italy - "HOLIDAY IN COLOMBIA" h.24 tactical simulation.

The British Party

*PIC*

I've just got to say its really good to see a team make some effort with thier kit at a big event. Most large events you see with be broken down into loose "this vs. that" but never "Brit vs Russian" or "US vs civilian militia". Kudos to you all for looking extremely 'unified'.

I've just got to say its really good to see a team make some effort with thier kit at a big event. Most large events you see with be broken down into loose "this vs. that" but never "Brit vs Russian" or "US vs civilian militia". Kudos to you all for looking extremely 'unified'.

Thanks for your appreciation Angel, we're planning a "Holiday in Kosovo" for September '09.

Involved: Brits + UCK versus Serbian paramilitary forces...

Fancy a weekend in sunny Tuscany...? :D

Edited by Staffy
*snip*

My kit as of now, finally got round to uploading some pictures :unsure:

Quite liking the Ops Vest too.

Looks good mate, not a bad effort at all, I'd say well done on that. Couple of quick tips that will hardly cost you anything but could make a fair difference:

-Fair few straps hanging loose on the vest there, sniper/green fabric tape is one common method but anything you have to roll loose webbing up and secure it will make everything a lot more british military (presuming that's the look you want of course).

-Spanish fly clips on a few of the pouches, looks like you're unsure how to properly do them up. Other than the rectangular plastic hole there should be two 'pointy' plastic parts on the securing system hanging off the lid. Slot the shorter one in place first then bend the longer piece over and pull it through in front of the other so it tensions the pouch securely closed.

-CS95 lightweight jacket (often referred to as a 'shirt'), far as I know not many people ever do all the buttons up to the top, I've certainly never seen it anyway, again admittedly I'm not Army. The way I was taught in training was to fold back and iron the collar in to a V from the 2nd button down, that 2nd one being the highest that gets done up. It's being picky I admit but I personally find it looks odd done all the way up because I never see it like that.

-Belt; again, the army may do it differently but I was taught to get rid of my green trouser belt before going on any exercise, between the zip, button and ties inside you shouldn't need one with CS95. If you do want one however I expect you could pick up a standard issue green belt for under a fiver on ebay.

Just some feedback, hopefully marginally useful, that's why these forums are here end of the day I think.

The loadout i wore during berget this year, NL DPM combined with a UK DPM "UBACS".

(i'm on the right)

DPM UBACS are the way forward, nice load-out. I especially like all your guns I have to say, overall all the kit seems very practical and to the point, no unnecessary drippings of pointless stuff everywhere, nice to see for a change.

Edited by CKinnerley

Many thanks for the tips CKinnerley They'll come in handy :) It was a bit hastily done if I may be honest, I was at my Grandfather's house as I'd just got back from buying the ops vest actually, £49.95 from Surplus and Adventure. o.O

(prepare for a bunch of cobblers)

I'm going to be going for 2 outcomes with this stuff.

The first one is as follow: Me and a few friends from College and a mate from Glasgow have what I guess you'd call it a 'unit' (It's more of a group of plebs who work somewhat as a team) known as the 'International Security Executive' or less formally the 'Suicide Bunnies'...

Basically the highly implausible and rather made up background of it is that it's a privately contracted force hired by HM's government bolster the armed forces in a time of crisis in the early 21st century where by the British armed forces have been left to descend to such a level as they have been over run by a coalition of ultra nationalists backed by the Americans... (CoD 4 much)?

That's where we come in. (originally as online gamers this was one of the alternative histories we pursued) We're there to support the UK and remove the threat from the US backed insurgency whilst the bulk of forces are deployed elsewhere in such places as Afghanistan and Iran etc.

As such our attire and look is somewhere between that of a Civvies clad special forces soldier and that of a regular in the TA... at the moment for where we're going to be playing (F&O's Asylum at Kidderminster)

DPM or DDPM Clothing and Kit is the order of the day mainly with Olive Green, Ranger Green or the British hue of Khaki depending on what we're wearing..

Boots are non regulation and more aimed towards the user's personal preference (hence my Timberlands)

Armament again non regulation (one of the members has an unholy fetish for P90s and Minimis) So as long as we can get between us at least a fire team (preferably a section of 8 or 9) with a pair of support guns and a pair of grenade launchers we should be fine.

If all goes well the Bunnies should have a fire team ready by mid August at this rate :unsure:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other theme I wanted to pursue is that of a soldier from either the 2nd or 4th Battalion of the Mercian Regiment seeing as they are my home regiment and before they were amalgamated my home regiments. (They're closing the Worcester's museum I believe too which annoys me).

Always had an interest in them (nearlly as much as the 6th Airborne)

I'm not sure when I'll be able to start in earnest on this as the ISE loadout takes preference as of now. As does a lack of a job <_<

---

Regards Mark.

Cheers Buzzsaw, i never really noticed it but just had a look and i've managed to put it through the two loop on the left side of the vest you can see in the last picture and move my radio into the back left utility pouch. Sticks much closer to the body and all spare wiring is wrapped up inside the puch.

Cheers Sean

Cheers Buzzsaw, i never really noticed it but just had a look and i've managed to put it through the two loop on the left side of the vest you can see in the last picture and move my radio into the back left utility pouch. Sticks much closer to the body and all spare wiring is wrapped up inside the puch.

Cheers Sean

Hmm you could even try plugging it into your radio instead of listening to your ipod all the time Sean :rolleyes: