DPM & MTP kit thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

get a scrim net and a band around your mk6 at it will be ace

yeah was thinking about it, maybe daft question but where would i get these from? and maybe a suitable nvg mount i f someone could point me in the right direction

Not bad random guy i like it. i would swap that black belt myself though, but thats just me. Keep up the good work.

Grim

thanks grim yeah i will do its just what i had to hand at the time :)

yeah was thinking about it, maybe daft question but where would i get these from? and maybe a suitable nvg mount i f someone could point me in the right direction

I'd give ukkitmonster a call, they had the choc-chip netting and rubber boot bands in last time I went in.

NVG mount usually seen on the Mk6 is a MICH one for the PVS7.

I detatched the choc-chip from my lid last night and cut off the foliage loops, then re-applied the net. Think it looks pretty decent. Waiting for an osprey in the post, and picking up a set of V12's and an NI patrol pack in 2 weeks time.

I've got a quick question regarding my Ops Vest. Now the as the left magazine pouch has dividers in it it sort of limits what magazines I can fit in there. Anyone got a rough idea as to how many G3 or similar sized mags would fit in the right hand ammunition pouch or the intermediate utility ones? My guess is two maybe 3 in them?

If you're a right handed shooter putting your magazines on the right side makes it more difficult to reach them when reloading.

My advise would be to remove the dividers from the left side pouches (2 x G3 will fit in an M4/SA80 triple), or get a more appropriate weapon, ie, an SA80 or LSW.

I would but for the purpose of what my current kit is for (see the previous page) I won't be needing an L85 or 86 for a while. Besides that the ICS one is what £350? Which I don't have at the moment :(

The dividers are nicely stitched into the pouch so will be fun to get out. I might as well get one of the JG M733s instead of the G3, stick a TRS gas block rail on and mount a torch on it. Pretty much all I'll need for the Asylum..

Edited by helping_hand

Wasn't sure whether or not to post this in here seeing as how it's Digital DPM but here you go:

cdb71dc93b.jpg

8596a46663.jpg

c3fc13eab5.jpg

Flipping computers.. Give me a bit of chalk and a slab of slate any day..

They are a bit small but I've been trying for 30 minutes to get them on here and it would insist on shooting them up to 10 times their original size..

Edited by Robbo1989
If you're a right handed shooter putting your magazines on the right side makes it more difficult to reach them when reloading.

My advise would be to remove the dividers from the left side pouches (2 x G3 will fit in an M4/SA80 triple), or get a more appropriate weapon, ie, an SA80 or LSW.

I don't see how the dividers are of any great use in any case, even if I am using STANAG mags. It's just another layer of hassle to get a mag out of the pouch and into the gun.

I don't see how the dividers are of any great use in any case, even if I am using STANAG mags. It's just another layer of hassle to get a mag out of the pouch and into the gun.

If you have two mags in a pouch that holds three (for example) and no dividers, they rattle (whereas they don't with three). If you have two mags in a pouch that holds three with dividers, they don't rattle (tried and tested). That said, I sacraficed the lack of rattling and chopped mine out anyway :P

Wouldn't be so bad if the dividers were held in place with say velcro just as a measure of security instead of being stitched in. It's not that major of an issue just means I'll be getting the Arktis Hybrid as well either from Airsoft Armoury or the C&S offer (if it's still on) as they supposedly have pouches that will take anything including AK mags. That and it's DPM not DDPM which some of my mates have picked on me about ¬_¬

I'll probably leave them in place for now will see how the fair on the field.

Wouldn't be so bad if the dividers were held in place with say velcro just as a measure of security instead of being stitched in. It's not that major of an issue just means I'll be getting the Arktis Hybrid as well either from Airsoft Armoury or the C&S offer (if it's still on) as they supposedly have pouches that will take anything including AK mags. That and it's DPM not DDPM which some of my mates have picked on me about ¬_¬

PLCE Minimi pouches have that, divider down the middle if you want to use 5.56 STANAG or velcro it to the side for ammo belt boxes; about the only pouch I've ever seen such a feature in. Personally though I don't find a partially empty mag pouch will case a lot of rattling (tried multiple times with full RS magazines), and if you're using plastic airsoft magazines will it's no problem what so ever.

On the flip side, having the dividers in some sorts of pouches makes it a total ball ache getting mags back in, ALICE is shockingly bad for this, they get caught every single bloody time without fail.

PLCE Minimi pouches have that, divider down the middle if you want to use 5.56 STANAG or velcro it to the side for ammo belt boxes; about the only pouch I've ever seen such a feature in.

Personally though I don't find a partially empty mag pouch will case a lot of rattling (tried multiple times with full RS magazines), and if you're using plastic airsoft magazines will it's no problem what so ever.

On the flip side, having the dividers in some sorts of pouches makes it a total ball ache getting mags back in, ALICE is shockingly bad for this, they get caught every single bloody time without fail.

Vast majority of US M249 & M60 pouches have removable dividers for the same purpose.

I agree on ALICE though, cut them out, stick an FFD in the bottom and viola, great M14 double.

Osprey arrived today. Made a modest start on it but it needs a Medi pouch on the right and maybe another double where the pistol mag pouch is. Move that up to the centre chest. Knocked up some make-shift plates from cardboard and parceltape. Result = Nicer shape, more comfortable to wear.

DSCF1661.jpg

Which brand of box mag are you using with the Minimi? Been after one of those for ages, can never seem to find something quite right. Also, just a small point to note for future reference when it comes to L85s; pictures tend to look more convincing with the cocking handle facing upwards, minor sort of pet niggle of mine, sorry. :P