DPM & MTP kit thread

That all sounds quite strange to me, every person in the military gets issued multiple sets of temperate DPM CS95 when they start training, we've all got it, the mistake here isn't so much not having the kit as not telling/letting the guys bring their greens with them when they deployed. Obviously termperate UBACS aren't really available yet (or if they are they've only just come in) but everyone's got normal green jackets and they'd do the job.

On an unrelated note, anyone have an idea what that backpack is? The shape of the lid and the camelbak on the side make me think normal bergen in dessie, but the radio coming out, the MOLLE and the positioning of the lid clips then make me think not... hm.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On an unrelated note, anyone have an idea what that backpack is? The shape of the lid and the camelbak on the side make me think normal bergen in dessie, but the radio coming out, the MOLLE and the positioning of the lid clips then make me think not... hm.

It's one of the new patrol packs that has come out recently. The first one was a regular NI pack in des' DPM, then they removed the side pouches and put zippers on back and sides for rocket pouches, and I think this is the 3rd pattern that has the clips on the side and MOLLE on the back. Lid has a zipper for comms antennaes to stick out too.

That's exactly what I thought... Everyone is issued with sets of greens... And the squaddies going out there just aren't taking them with them...

And I believe that Temperate UBACS have just started being produced... None of the serving soldiers I know have got one yet, but there are some around and about.

That's exactly what I thought... Everyone is issued with sets of greens... And the squaddies going out there just aren't taking them with them...

And I believe that Temperate UBACS have just started being produced... None of the serving soldiers I know have got one yet, but there are some around and about.

They are definately in production, but seem to be on the same scale of issue as the PECOC kit. There's atleast one guy in 2 Rifles with a temperate UBACS;

2Y4Q8994---2009-07-22-at-16-29-03acc-730.jpg

Are there any pictures of what the plates in the Mk1 body armor look like? I got a mk1 vest to wear under my arktis 1602 but it needs plates

The ceramic plates or the soft liner? When I was making liners for the vest, I used camping foam mats and just outlined the shape of the vest (3 pieces; left, right and back). I got best result by doing one layer for the liner and then duct taping two sqaures together for the plates.

The ceramic plates or the soft liner? When I was making liners for the vest, I used camping foam mats and just outlined the shape of the vest (3 pieces; left, right and back). I got best result by doing one layer for the liner and then duct taping two sqaures together for the plates.

the soft liner. thanks, actually i didnt know it could fit 2 different things. is that what the two pockets on the front are for?

Edited by Operator12
the soft liner. thanks, actually i didnt know it could fit 2 different things. is that what the two pockets on the front are for?

I'm not sure what the small one is for, but I've been told that the larger one was for a plate. The ECBA had a better front pouch and a back pouch for plates.

I have an original CBA with the 2 pockets on the front (1st ever piece of kit i bought well my nan bought for me i think i was about 10) i used the smaller pocket to hold magazines dont know if that was its purpose but that what i did back when i was in the cadets.

Edit: In fact here a picture taken a while back when i was considering a light weight DPM set up (you can see the magpuls on my mags sticking out the top of the pocket where i folded the flap into the pocket)

HPIM0330.jpg

Grim

Edited by Grim

Looking through this thread I have found one picture posted by darkchild of a soldier in Afghan wearing woodland DPM trousers and a desert DPM top (there was also a loadout pictured posted by Doughboy) but are there any more kicking around?

I've seen all those picture of the SAS guys wearing desert bottoms and woodland smocks but there seems to be very few the other way around?

Could anyone post more pictures of this set-up if they have them and for those with real experience can you please tell me if this is as uncommon as it seems?

Many thanks.