DPM & MTP kit thread

What a REMFy response! tongue.gif

The reason we carry sandbags on our webbing is so the Reserve section in a platoon attack can ferry fresh mags to the firesupport section and take their empties back to be refilled.

Everyone carries one so anybody can be tasked to do this on short notice. Another common use for the sandbag is for the Section 2-ic to collect everybody's waterbottles up for replen when in a harbour area.

Darkchild

Or if you want fill the sandbags up with dirst or sand (well its in the name) and it could be a good sniper platform or a quick defence line.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You wouldn't go to all the effort of filling a sandbag to use as a shooting rest (unless one happens to be there already) snipers carry beanbags for this purpose.

As for the defence thing, each man carries 1 sandbag, this is not enough by any stretch of the imagination to provide cover for anybody.

If you have time to shovel sand for sandbags, you have time to dig a trench.

Darkchild

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another random inquiry- I'm using a rocket pack off of my Bergen on top of my PLCE for hydration and CO2 (Classic rifle)- Does any one have a method better than taping the two yokes together to keep them from shifting as much? Right now I am running it as striped down as possible, other wise I have a tendency to find things that would be "nice to have" for 6 hours.

KM

• 2 weeks later...

Well i went to se the girlfriend over in ireland while shes over there between the semesters in uni, got the meet the parents and liveo n a farm for a week (big city boy on a farm that ws interesting) any ways she took me to a place similar to catterick (a garrison town) and i picked up this

Irish DPM part molle assault vest

HPIM0797.jpg

Grim

^ Simple and efficient, I like it! I'd advise a smock though to protect you a little? (Your choice of load-out of course.)

To avoid repeating one of my posts in another section, linky: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=159597&st=360 (third post from the bottom, page 19) - pic of me in DPM load-out at Drakelow Tunnels.

Mk.6A and CEFO - but as I had a training weekend the following week I simply couldn't be bothered to take all my mess tins, rifle cleaning kit, first aid kit, model kit etc out of the webbing, plus a shed load of stuffs in my smock, so it weighed a substantial amount, I was knackered after that day lol. So good though, the helmet particularly, I want that kit back! sad.gif

My current loadout consists of that smock, CS95 trousers and (new) issue boots, bush hat and kneepad on right knee for urban/CQB. Soon to include Highlander Forces 33 day sack and some newer webbing in assault order (webbing belt and 2x double ammo pouch) - piccies to follow when I've got it all!

Apologies for the ghettoness of the tactical bathroom/living room pictures, but I've not yet had a chance to use the gear ingame since I've gotten most of it!

It's a general British grunt squaddie impression, nothing specific and I won't be putting any rank and/or unit slides on, most likely only customary patches once I get around to getting some.

resized3ne.jpg

resized2nm.jpg

Alternate, in case the Mk. 6 is bothering me, I just slap it on a karabiner and use a boonie instead.

resized1.jpg

Kit by itself:

resized4t.jpg

Everything is issue bar the Bowman + PTT, belt, Guarder C4's and the boots I use, which are simple Mil-Tec desert boots. I'll be getting myself a DDPM issue Camelbak next month and maybe a pair of Grade I V12's.

As for pouches, I've got a full Osprey pouch kit that came with it, I've only got one ammo pouch though so I'll have to get around to getting some. I've tried setting up the pouches several ways but for now I won't bother mounting them on, I'll probably get something a little more low-profile than the standard ammo pouches as they bulge out a lot.

Edited by Solid Snake.pt

38154_1475670499483_1465332726_1229438_2368039_n.jpg

Yeeaah, I need to sort my chinstrap out, was fine at the start of the day but despite being taped up something got slack somewhere. I'm also using a Warrior Centurion chestrig/back panel combo and while it's can carry just as much if not more than my older vest I think I need to have a play with the adjusters some more to pull the front out so I can use all the mag pouches. Finding open tops a bit...weird at the moment.

When i play i run with:

Dpm SF Bush Hat

S2000 Smock

S95 Trousers

OG Helly Hansen (under smock)

Milcom full leather patrol boots (comfiest boots i've ever worn)

PLCE S95 Webbing:

2x Double Ammo Pouches

2x Utility Pouches

1x Respirator Pouch (make shift dump pouch)

Camelbak Thermobak 3ltr British Dpm

& M4 (normally)