DPM & MTP kit thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the site is really very one sided, and the marshals didnt help matters at all. I saw at least 6 occasions of definite cheating on the saturday alone too which got me wound up.

Thats fair enough, woulda probably just been a "hey, you enjoyin it?" kinda deal - my social skills dont go much further :P

Time to come clean....the elite cap badge is nothing more than the....

Duke of Yorks Royal Military School. Yep merely a walty patch brat (oh the horror.)

I "earned" the right to wear that badge after all the taunts from local Dover children, bad food, 8 years of *suitcasey* Dover weather other "hardships"...etc etc

I do have my old TA beret, but I'd never wear that to go 'softing in. In fact I only dug out the school hat for some cheesey photos that were taken for a proposed website that never came to fruition. When I rarely play in DPM it's normally a black wool hat TBH.

Still live & let live I say. Counting Count - you have shown indepth knowledge in this area before, it would be cool if you would share your kit with us too :)

Regards

UberWalten Rot-Funf

Edited by Red5

Yeah, why would anyone want pictures, on a pictures thread? :blink:

In games are fine, actually putting the stuff on an posing? nope, kind of feels set up, anyway I reckon there's enough of me on here from an umpiring session a few pages back in dessies from last year.

I am knowledgeable about the kit and set ups, with the experience of the later stuff as well, however I really can't stand stitch counters and standing up in gear like a glorified clothes horse.

In games are fine, actually putting the stuff on an posing? nope, kind of feels set up, anyway I reckon there's enough of me on here from an umpiring session a few pages back in dessies from last year.

I am knowledgeable about the kit and set ups, with the experience of the later stuff as well, however I really can't stand stitch counters and standing up in gear like a glorified clothes horse.

Adam, have you actually noticed this is in the "Airsofting Picture threads" section...

...so posts like "Don't like having pictures taken" just seems a little odd.

You may not like stitch counters, but being negative like you are being is just as bad!

Please don't turn this into a SeALs thread. :P

Very nice, very nice, it is normal, however where a scrim net is used for foliage, that the elastic foliage loops are removed from the cover.

Here's some (very old) pics, it seems that one of me in full dessie with the stable belt is the newest one I have.

P1200004.jpg

Far left hand (as you look at it) last time I bothered blousing at the top of the boots, prior to a staff / regulars v's everyone else game (the two with SLR's and Baldy in the middle were the staff).

Oldpic2.jpg

Prior to a game a few years back fiddling with a tennis ball (which came in useful as an impromtu grenade later on, cleared out the "drugs lab" when rebounded through the door...)

Oldpic-3.jpg

Mid afternoon game (same day) cropped from another photo while being followed by a hire.

Oldpic-4.jpg

Morning briefing same day, '95 pattern gear (shudder) but it was a wonderful an sunny day, and it was warm at 10am to boot...

Old-Pic-1.jpg

Another morning briefing, sometime in the spring, in at that time the usual get up, thought the webbing is hanging loose on the roll pin.

Its great fun having all this kit, but after these photo's were taken I ended up behind the lens or umpiring, so no photo's...

Some pictures from the last weekend in my MTP/ Desert DPM Mix.

Good kit A. Hawkins

but I have not seen not seen on real photo MTP + Osprey II

MTP + Osprey III in the photo I have seen

if you have a photo share with me, I also want to collect a long time kit but I do not have photo evidence ...

GPGM is cool!

Counting Count, thanks for the advice to remove the elastic foliage loops while using a scrim net over the helmet cover. Will change that ASAP.;)

Ernesto, I haven't seen then Osprey Mk.II in combination with MTP until yet as well. Always just only the Mk.III, but I currently just only have the Mk.II. I am currently too looking for and on it to get the Mk.III in Desert DPM (however I would love to get one with the new Hybrid Camo :);) ). Also wanna acquire an Mk.VII Helmet with MTP Cover. I guess that will be enough for a while then.

Edited by A. Hawkins

P3240006.jpg

P3240005.jpg

P3240004.jpg

P3240003.jpg

P3240002.jpg

P3240001.jpg

P3240007.jpg

Just a few shots of what's stacked in some boxes (that's just out of 2 boxes, I've got two more, not including the webbing, vest and bergan boxes)those Smocks (windproof arctic) with the yellow / orange sliders are my usual umpiring jackets.

Just excuse herself's poor reading material... silly formulaic dross by an average author...

As you can tell I do quite like the old faithful DPM, Tropicals, DDPM (Windproof, tropical and '95 cut), Barrack wear (lightweights and OG shirts / Heavyweight jerseys), Cold weather gear, the only thing that you could class as a flier is the Bundewher OG shirt, that I used to wear on paperwork duties because of the decent pen pocket.

Couple of myspace-tastic pictures of my rig I'm running with my SFWs and (very soon) GPMG. Couldn't be bothered to put them on, but wearing Choc-chip trousers on the base and got a ballcap on the way for the hat and a couple of patches. Nowhere near as nice as pumbas or the others, but it's a damn sight comfier than my plce...

IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

Now to find a helmet that fits my huge head...

The back of the pistol grip is a bit ragged and is quite uncomfortable, I'm trying to find some new TM grips to replace them with (might get some silverback laser ones) so got the sniper tape on there as a stopgap, it does look a bit gross I agree.

Kit list:

Tadgear sharkskin hoodie-alike.

Blackhawk DDPM plate carrier.

Blackhawk Serpa CQC+Molle platform.

2x 180-round WAS M4 pouches.

WAS PLB belt.

WAS small vert pouch for BFG rounds.

2x WAS smoke grenade pouches for BFGs.

3x WAS pistol mag pouches.

PRR radio.

Edited by spetsnazdave87

The PLCE-like setup on the PLB is very good, I'd consider something like that myself if I was ever going to play any kind of extended/milsim kind of game. Plenty of ammo without sacrificing the prone functionality as the more modern kinds of kit tend to do. Slightly slower reloads obviously as the flip side of that but still a very clever setup.

Cheers mate, yeah I really like the setup of the pouches I've got on there (gonna have ammo for the gimpy either in small bags in those pouches, or get a couple of M60 pouches and interchange them)

The Plb works really well with the BHI DDPM carrier, the belt loops are hooked into the first line of molle at the back and round the belt at the front, and a bungee threaded around the sides for suspension.

Edited by spetsnazdave87

The back of the pistol grip is a bit ragged and is quite uncomfortable, I'm trying to find some new TM grips to replace them with (might get some silverback laser ones) so got the sniper tape on there as a stopgap, it does look a bit gross I agree.

maybe it's worth to change TM grip on Houge? I did this on my P226, very comfortable....

Edited by ernesto