DPM & MTP kit thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

My personal use Osprey. I got this back in 2003, Pieces me orf how heavy it is but at the same time I've seen its protection 1st hand compared to some of the Yank *suitcase* they get issued. So I used it every day without fail from that point and still use it now both for work and Airsofting

not quite "DPM" as such but my Osprey is, the Mk6a is too heavy to use for airsofting, so I made this.. I never wear one any mo at work although I just ordered an OPS CORE FAST hopefully thats a little lighter?

Edit:: sorry for crappy photo, I used my mobile.. the missus has run off with her DSLR :o Oh and I've now replaced the pouches (most) with Multicam or another camo I swapped, borrowed, baught or stole from someone (everything from Multicam to Dst Marpat and ever Dst Vegetato)

post-75687-0-88689400-1325816228_thumb.jpg

Edited by MovementUnderDarkness

Here's a few pics from recent games.

First one is my and my mate as we engage enemy from above their flank (we are up on a hill). I am in the foreground.

CIMG1824.jpg

The next three kind of count because I'm wearing a DPM smock :P They're from a new CQB field that opened up recently.

405140_325117744176970_220795864609159_1127744_1279964395_n.jpg

386535_325117574176987_220795864609159_1127737_533473367_n.jpg

375337_325117617510316_220795864609159_1127740_1445501185_n.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

This is not based on anything real, just a work in progress of what I personally like. More DPM pouches + Patches + L119A1 + Bushhat + 120L Bergan is on the list of things to buy. The balaclava is just temporary, for the picture. :) Will do a more serious impression later on when I have enough $$$.

sfdpmlololx.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

spotted the Most ally guy this side of the last falklands just now. Para, in a '90 dpm parasmock dress pips on the shoulder! '58 web belt on top. mtp trousers looking like they have never seen an iron and a few sizes too big. od jungle boots oldschool panama soles.

All this guy was missing was a sweet *albatross* mustache and he was set for the hill.

I would call Walt if it were not for the 4 guys with him who I would actually buy as squaddies. and he got off at colchester which is proof enough of being genuine or suicidal. I did snap a cheeky photo as I was heading to the platform Will poke it up later.

Not saying they can't dress as they wish but one would expect a better turn out of a Captain

There's something about field jackets, some people seem to think that if theirs is the oldest type on unit then they 'win'. The SWO down here has a truly ancient para-jumping type; still with shoulder epaulettes, no DPM material over the zip at all (the zip itself being entirely brass coloured since all the black has worn off) and an actual metal badge instead of fabric wings.

There seems to be something of a shortage of MTP smocks during this transition phase too, leading to a lot of mixed dress. Probably a good thing for those who have gone over to PCS, since those new jackets have literally nothing holding the hand-warmer pockets shut, so all the lovely snow/rain/mud gets right in there with the nice soft fleece., and then through on to you.

Just a quick indoor snapshot of my Desert DPM- MTP mix. The gunners kit is alomst complete and I only need a few details.

I guess the biggest part still is the M240 to convert into a good looking Gimpy. Hope to can take some pictures outdoor at the weekend.

dscf3034osxtr.jpg

It must be heart-breaking firing that GPMG on semi... :( :( :(

guys do any of you have a guide on attaching the shoulder pads and neck guards onto the osprey armour!! its embarrasing but all i can see is a mass of studs and velcro!!!

never mind wasnt actually that hard tbh

has anyone ever seen the osprey armour used in a special forces capacity or used as part of a contractor loadout??