DPM & MTP kit thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackweell! - good look, I've just bought some stuff like that for my own pleasure (RICAS, MOLLE backpack), will try and get some snaps up when I can. I also ordered some velcro patches for the UBACS, though I don't really like the UBACS all that much it has to be said.

I also like the idea of using those *suitcasey* desert pouches as a belt-kit, though I'm no fan of PLCE either! :D You can get a desert yoke from some stores as well, not a bad idea that. I really want to get home and play with my new toys now...

Btw, mate of mine says this t-shirt is all the rage in the sunnier climes of the world... B)

http://www.uscav.com/ZoomImage.aspx?CatID=...rged/33238L.jpg

Edited by doc_newstead

hey guys, been keeping it quiet but i thought id mention that i have a new job as part of the infantry kit trials team, starting today. This will mean for the next 2 years i will be pretty much the first to know about any new British army kit. This fact makes me happy :)

It'll take me a month or so to settle, but so far i have been issued these.

IMGP4357.jpg

IMGP4358.jpg

Prototype combat gloves, due to replace the current leather combat glove. Nomex, kevlar and leather construction with gortex liner, flame retardent, waterproof and knife proof. Also includes armoured knuckles.

These are very early prototypes and will probably not see general sevice for some time, i will work hard to make them better!

Darkchild

The Gloves look ok, just like an armoured knuckle version of the mechanics and technicians issue gloves.

And ways heres some pics taken at the skirmish yesterdaym All the proceeds were donated to help for heroes.

Dancsy

2631_1118079226679_1067956508_39185.jpg

2631_1118079386683_1067956508_39185.jpg

2631_1118079586688_1067956508_39186.jpg

Kindread and me

2631_1118079266680_1067956508_39185.jpg

2631_1118079626689_1067956508_39186.jpg

2631_1118079666690_1067956508_39186.jpg

Liam

2631_1118079346682_1067956508_39185.jpg

2631_1118079426684_1067956508_39185.jpg

Myself

2631_1118079706691_1067956508_39186.jpg

HPIM0562.jpg

Grim

"*fruitcage* the ak, I'm gonna bite them all in to submission!"

Heh. When I charge, I charge properly. The ground trembles and every living thing within sixty feet s**ts itself inside-out as I roar. :D

Unless I trip of course, which has happened a few times too many.

BTW, those DPM Bijans are so very, very nice.

Edited by DarkLite
Which reminds me i need to get my DPM Bijans back of Fu<Knuts in my battery. But they are some comfy kit. i havnt seen them sold any where since i got mine on the Ground Zero weekender last year though.

Grim

MMUK stock them. Gecko Tactical products are all over that site - just hard to find as they havnae pictures.

Here's my DPM Loadout

dscf0101web.jpg

From the "proverbial" top

- Mk 6 with DPM Helemt Cover and Cat's Eyes Headband

- PLCE Webbing (Two Double Ammo Pouches, One Utility Pouch, One Respirator Pouch)

- Unknown Origin Smock (it has two zip pockets on each side of the main zip, running behind the two chest pockets)

- S95 Shirt

- Cheapo George brand Olive Green T-Shirt (invisible in this pic)

- S95 Trousers with US Army Belt

- And finally British Tank Engineer's Boots (sadly, the soles of which are splitting very badly)

Oh, and the SA80 is a cheap ancient springer I own, but it completes the look quite nicely.

Edited by RWJP
Here's my DPM Loadout

dscf0101web.jpg

Unknown Origin Smock (it has two zip pockets on each side of the main zip, running behind the two chest pockets)

-

'94 pattern smock - version before Combat 95 came out.

Pretty good loadout - maybe a little too pristine and immaculate though...

You'll want to take the respirator pouch off of the belt kit for the sake of realism.

or so i'm told.

Depends if it's meant to be an impression of any particular group/unit at a certain point in time. I'm not sure about the army or other infantry but when I've used PLCE in the past on exercises the S10 went on there, much more secure than trying to use the tiny little strap that just goes round your waist. If you want to carry the pouch and you've got space on the belt you might as well I reckon.

Edited by CKinnerley
Depends if it's meant to be an impression of any particular group/unit at a certain point in time. I'm not sure about the army or other infantry but when I've used PLCE in the past on exercises the S10 went on there, much more secure than trying to use the tiny little strap that just goes round your waist. If you want to carry the pouch and you've got space on the belt you might as well I reckon.

Infantry dont wear respirators on our webbing. You dont always need your resi in the field, you DO always need your webbing, theres a lot of space on there for more important things like ammo and water.

Darkchild

Cheers for the comments!

And thanks Voodoo1 for identifying the smock for me.

In response to the comments about the respirator pouch, it's on my webbing because I haven't got anything else to put in it's place! I'm looking to add a Water Bottle Pouch and second Utility Pouch to my webbing at some point in the near future (my team is looking at doing a 24hr excercise at some point so I need to get myself PLCE Combat order at the very least) but until then the Respirator pouch fits P90 mags quite nicely (my primary weapon), and for normal games, two double ammo pouches (one bottle of water and one bb bottle per double) and the utility pouch for some food and a first aid kit (paranoid I know) is plenty for me.