DPM & MTP kit thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres mine minus the webbing. Gloves are my own sailing gloves, the thumb and index fingers are fingerless. Dont know what boonie im using as its from a local surplus store.

http://img518.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thumbs.jpg

will post complete pics soon, along with insanely lame 2tone gun WHAEY!

Edited by backlash13
Yeah, I thought about some armor too. But since I´ve got no armor to go along with mich atm I chose to leave the mich aside as well. But sure, those would definitely be the next items to purchase.

Consider a RAV? Plenty of those in pictures paired with US style helmets; possibly some sort of an armalite as well perhaps? They seem to like them quite a bit, not that there aren't plenty of other weapons suitable for an impression but recently the L119 seems to be all the rage with UKSF. Not pretending to have ever met any of them yet

Heres mine minus the webbing. Gloves are my own sailing gloves, the thumb and index fingers are fingerless. Dont know what boonie im using as its from a local surplus store.

*snip*

Looks decent I'd say mate, just try tucking the strap up inside your boonie (or cutting out if it's uncomfortable) and wear the shemagh around your neck or right over your head 'insurgent' stylie. There you look at little like something out of the wild west but in woodland camo, imho.

Ha yeha i see what you mean :P

with the strap, its not uncomfortable, in fact i find it handy. When wearing a full face mask the boonie doesnt sit perfectly so a large gust of wind blows it off my head, so the strap either keeps it a little tighter or stops it blowing away :D

with my webbing, its not issue, is the PLCE any good, and how is it with out armour on?

with my webbing, its not issue, is the PLCE any good, and how is it with out armour on?

Not entirely sure what you mean by the question to be honest, but PLCE is absolutely fine without armour; I'm pretty sure the origins of it's design come from way back before body armour in the modern sense was ever issued. As a system I don't personally find PLCE is best suited to normal type skirmishing, long milsim events maybe but when you're not needing to carry a load of food/water/med kit/other survival stuff it's a bit OTT, plus mag changes can be quite slow. I'd generally recommend some sort of basic MOLLE rig in OD so you can stick on whatever style of ammo pouches you want then have room for customisation.

Not entirely sure what you mean by the question to be honest, but PLCE is absolutely fine without armour; I'm pretty sure the origins of it's design come from way back before body armour in the modern sense was ever issued. As a system I don't personally find PLCE is best suited to normal type skirmishing, long milsim events maybe but when you're not needing to carry a load of food/water/med kit/other survival stuff it's a bit OTT, plus mag changes can be quite slow. I'd generally recommend some sort of basic MOLLE rig in OD so you can stick on whatever style of ammo pouches you want then have room for customisation.

Sorry :D

what i was trying to say is that my webbing isnt millitary issue, (will get pics by weekend), and is the PLCE any good?

What vest/webbing/whatever would you recommend then?

Boot polish? ;)

Or tan boots...

Looks good, do I spy an Arktis sniper smock?

Well, they are combat boots, no need to shine like ones in parade :P

It´s a Kombat sas assault jacket, got it from flecktarn. Quite similar to that of arktis. And indeed the best camo clothing I´ve had so far.

Consider a RAV? Plenty of those in pictures paired with US style helmets; possibly some sort of an armalite as well perhaps? They seem to like them quite a bit, not that there aren't plenty of other weapons suitable for an impression but recently the L119 seems to be all the rage with UKSF. Not pretending to have ever met any of them yet

That´s what I´ve noticed too and considered as well for an option.

Yep, once a day when in the field, scrub as much of the mud off as possible then put the polish on and leave it. Has basically the same the same effects in terms of water-proofing and preserving the leather, but none of the shine. When not in the field though it's always worth giving them a layer now and again, keeps the leather flexible and makes it more comfortable when you come to put your boots on if you've not worn them in a while.

A year in the army tought me that too, but after that, I guess I´ve been just lazy, that´s all. However, those boots have worked properly so far wihtout polishing. I know they don´t look that good.

If only I found some sort of polishing paste, that would be suitable for materials such as goretex and therefore wouldn´t prevent it from "breathing". <_<

Edited by uba

Wear it wherever it's most easy for you to use, since it's a vest I'd say it's probably fine there.

Is this what you're after though?

http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/dpwws2nx.html

If so I'd thoroughly recommend getting on to strike force or surplus and outdoors and picking up some proper issue stuff, if you used it every skirmish you went to for 10 years it'd still be going strong.

Okay you anglofiles, a updated picture.

139200991808P70bb.jpg

NOTE THAT THE PICTURE IS EXTREMLY LARGE

Please note that it's still a WIP.

I just noticed the pouch straps, should i tape 'em? I've taped up about everything else.

Bulle DPM Boonie

M/59 scarf

S95 Shirt

P85 Smock

Flak Jacket

PLCE

-2x Double Ammo Pouch

-2x Utility Pouch

-1x Mora 2000

Homemade 1point sling.

S95 Trousers

M/90 boots

Craftline Guide gloves

You got any idea to make the kit a bit more authentic for an early/mid 90's kit for a Paratrooper layout? I know the obvious things like boots, helmet, scrimscarf and patches. And nooo i'm not going to get a SUSAT, i'm on a budget.

Edited by Noart