Norwegian Gear

I know there's quite a few Norwegians running around the forum  these days, but I'm particularily curious about the gear and loadouts of you fortunate few foreigners that are Norwegian gear as well :)

I do realize there was a N-gear discussion thread back in the days, but methinks the gorgeousness deserves a picture thread of it's own.

To kick it off; My M2000 uniform and M04BA body armor carrier.

p2112882ni4.jpg

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Couldn't we just have, "Your/A Country's Gear Thread"? so people from bla bla bla could post pictures of not only Norway but maybe Sweden, Finland, Germany, China... Good knows but why not?

Because if people are going to post only Norwegian gears people will do other countries such as those I just mentioned?

Then there will be hundred of threads...

Robinio: No, if you want a "post anything" free for all, you have the "Pics of your gear" thread.

navymp28: It's the "old" issue M04BA carrier with "3-lock" webbing on the front. Can't make out who produced it, the labels have faded too much, but I would -guess- it's Cato Ringstad.

And indeed, it's rather expensive (about £100 retail for a new M2000 uniform), but it looks so damn good, I think it's worth it :)

Ingo_Sleeps: No, if you find any stores selling "norwegian" pattern stuff abroad, chances are it's replicas, to put it nicely...

Replica Norwegian gear? Never knew such things existed :huh:

I know asmc.de has some genuine issue winter-underwear, like brynje and ullfrottè, and besprotection.de sells a plate carrier in Norwegian camo:

http://www.bestprotection.de/Shop/catalog/...products_id=264

Never seen body armour like that in use, though. But since the armour plates are in fact real Level 4 plates, I doubt it's a replica.

Oh, and M2000 can be had cheaper too, Pkekyo.

I was helping an American over at Militaryphotos.net by buying and shipping some Norwegian gear for her, and I found a complete set (jacket and trousers) of M2000 for only 750 NOK (slightly more than 100 USD, by todays rate). The jacket was originally intended to be a slightly used one, but they'd ran out of those, so I got a new one for the same price. Otherwise it'd have cost 850.

I just picked up another M2000 at the post office :)

It's Cato Ringstad made, and the Navy version of the Norwegian desert camouflage uniform.

I got it second-hand (doesn't look like it though), and has some quite nifty modifications compared to other M2000s I've seen, but they look so good imo it has to be a tailored job; doesn't seem like a personal raidmod so to speak.

Nifty unseen features include:

- Zipper AND button closer of the shirt

- All pockets of pants and shirt modded with velcro, though also retaining the button closure

- shock cord to tighten up the pants over/around the shoes (could be user added, not sure)

- belt loops are made using the same webbing as is used for the waist-tighteners

- shirt cuffs have velcro tightening

- some funky looking loops made out of webbing that I've never seen the like of before, but seems to be for adding suspenders.

Pictures:

The whole thing, with the M04BA over

p2142900vo9.jpg

Belt loop webbing, additional loops and rear pocket velcro mod:

p2142901yl4.jpg

Shirt's zipper+button closure and chest pocket velcro mod:

p2142902qj1.jpg

In an article in the Norwegian newspaper Aftenposten's web edition last Friday, a video and a few rather interesting pictures of the Norwegian OMLT (Operational Mentor and Liaison Team) forces in Afghanistan were published, and frankly has made Norwegian kit quite a bit more interesting for some people.

_rolle__tanks_jpg_966547a.jpg

(Translated:)Firearms practice on a field cluttered with old tanks by the Afghan Army camp in Meymaneh.

Cpt. Ola Krekvik shows an afghan how to handle the weapon of the Norwegian soldiers.

The main goal of the Norwegian soldiers is to form relations with their Afghan colleagues.

The lad on the left is wearing dessies, a SL6004 and the new M07 MOLLE body armor and plate carrier with seemingly proprietary Norwegian pouches.

The lad on the right is running what I guess is a MAR CIRAS in MJK(?), a scrim-scarf painted MICH 2002, MSA Sordins, MS2000 strobe, IR tabs.

From right to left on his CIRAS; at least 6x mag shingles (TT?), a large radio pouch, (possibly this TT pouch), stacked frags, a smoke pouch, and finally a canteen pouch. I'm assuming there's an IFAK somewhere under his left arm.

His HK416 is set up as what seems to be a DMR with a Magpul CTR stock, Bender short dot scope, vert-grip, harris bipod and possibly a surefire light? can't quite tell.

SOP on painting the HK416 seems to leave the picatinny rails black.

-------------

_rolle__mann_i_dal__966546a.jpg

This lad is running the M07 body armor carrier, a plain tan MICH 2002 and a camelbak reservoir. The NVG Mount seems to be attached with the retention strap that crosses the helmet over and attaches at the lower back.

-------------

_rolle__gruppe_jpg_966544a.jpg

(translated:) Aided by an interpreter, Cpt. Gaute talks to the inhabitants of Meymaneh. He makes sure to emphasize that as soon as the Afghans are capable of dealing with their own security issues, the foreign soldiers will be returning home.

M07 body armor carrier with seemingly proprietary Norwegian pouches, MS2000 strobe, what seems to be the Norwegian M2000 RIPSTOP uniform.

Any ID on his Radio pouch and headset?

--------------

Video link (Norwegian audio)

** Video, photos and quoted text credited to Aftenposten and any other copyright holders. **

Not only does these new photos show a new and "cooler" side to Norwegian loadouts, but it should also make it quite a bit easier for foreigners to be able to build a plausible kit without having to shell out too much money in more or less desperate attempts to get more or less unattainable items...

Oh, yeah... I'm sorry for the triple-posting, but you lot will have to start contributing too :P

Edited by Pkekyo-Nor

In regards to kit, I tend to stay away from impressions, but I also like to stay within the realm of what's plausible...

Most important thing is that I like it myself, however :)

p2172931di5.jpg

Now this one is pretty plausible; gloves, uniform, kneepads, dropleg dumper, sidearm, Wasatch, pistol belt, shemagh, rifle, goggles and lookalike helmet is all used by Norwegian forces...

- M2000 woodland uniform

- Issued pistol belt with:

--BHI Serpa dropleg holster

--EI RLCS Slung Weapons Catch

--IFAK pouch

--HSGI Triple Pistol Magazine Pouch

--Combat Kit dropleg dumper

--Maxpedition RollyPolly

--Chemlights

- Kneepads

- MICH 2001 w/accessories

- HSGI Wasatch

- Guide assembly gloves

- USP .45

- Shemagh

- HK416

--------------------

p2172933hz8.jpg

Now this one is a bit more 'out there', but I still like it.

MP7, ballcap, M04BA, pistol belt, sidearm, gloves, shemagh, PRR and uniform are all used by Norwegian forces.

- M2000 Naval dessies

- Issue Pistol Belt

--BHI Serpa dropleg holster

--EI RLCS Slung Weapons Catch

--IFAK pouch

--HSGI Triple Pistol Magazine Pouch

--Maxpedition RollyPolly

--Guide assembly gloves

- M04BA

- EI RLCS RRV

- HSGI Modular PistoL Magazine Pouches

- H&K MP7

- H&K USP .45

- Marconi PRR

--Bowman headset

- Shemagh

----------------

Oh, yeah. Excuse yet another double post :P

I believe some reference pics are in order;

_m04soldater0211_jp_631138a.jpg

The Telemark Battalion during exercises near the city of Mazar-e Sharif in Northern Afghanistan.

- Aftenposten.no

31109510537.jpg

31109510596.jpg

31109510576.jpg

NORSOF Operators from FSK/HJK training for a deployment to Afghanistan

MDK_f_lsomtobjekt_37_17326a.jpg

MDK_helikopeter_17316a.jpg

MDK_minesprenging_42_17263a.jpg

MDK_leggeline_370_17265a.jpg

MDK_v_pen_370_17302a.jpg

32210092118.jpg

The Naval EOD unit is one of the units in the Norwegian military that has been on most operations abroad, as well as always being occupied in mine clearing and ordinance disposal ops along the Norwegian coast, both land based and as part of MCT's on mine-sweepers.

Most of these pictures are from their deployment to Afghanistan in 2001, with the rest being training and ops in Norway. Part of the unit is currently stationed in Iraq as part of the Norwegian engineer squadron in place.

- Marsuitor, MP.net

65267120.OX7TKnll.jpg

63826070.yLVlx2PX.jpg

A couple of AG3-F2s from Afghanistan, I believe they belong to TMBN, but feel free to correct me

norskesoldatersx683424apl2.jpg

AG3 with a DMR setup in Afghanistan, sourced in some news article

3111038339.jpg

31110383481.jpg

31110383390.jpg

KJK - The Norwegian Coastal Ranger Command, to the best of my knowledge the only unit with the G36 as it's main battle rifle.