Norwegian Gear

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The reason for not much surplus uniforms in Norway is because they forgot to ask people in uniform for ID before letting them into an airforce base

That was at Bodø Hovedflystasjon (Bodø Main Airstation) right?

I was a base guard myself at a base close by. And i remember our company commander giving us strict instructions to touch every single ID card, because someone had walked straight on to a base, with a fake ID card made out of paper.

Guess they didn't want that to happen at our base :P

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here are some pics of me from when i served. Very bad pics. This was our day to day loadout, i was a base guard in the RNoAF (Royal Norwegian Air Force, MP5 with flashlight and red dot sight :)

Edited by Sgt.Grandalen
  • 1 month later...

Norwegian BDUs, Desert or Forest are easiest acquired from Cato-Ringstad. These are the popular M2000 Rip-stop uniforms currently in use in Afghanistan. Beware though, the price on Norwegian gear is high. A new set of desert camo will be around 270 Canadian Dollars, not including shipping and taxes. Forest about 215. Best bet is to make a post in this thread stating your size and hope that someone have a used set and will ship overseas.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My rig for my Norwegian loadout.

m07ba2.jpg

m07ba3.jpg

M07BA, Norwegian desert

Left -> Right

Combatkit Medic pouch, Norwegian desert

EI Flashbang pouch, Ranger Green

EI MBITR pouch, Khaki

EI Admin pouch, Khaki

3x ATS Tiered double shingle, Coyote

2x EI 9mm pouch, Ranger Green

2x ATS Tall shingle, Coyote

EI 100rd SAW pouch, Khaki

EI Frag pouch, Khaki

BattleLab Hydration pouch, Coyote

Gadgets:

215Gear Tourniquet holder, with SOF-TT

Camelback 3L

Leatherman Wave

IR Lightstick

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Pkekyo-nor, you seem to know what you are talking about, when it comes to gear and such, hope it's ok to ask for some advice? I just got myself a Norwegian desert uniform, i'm not gonna do an impression, but what kind of vest would you buy from combatkit? And would you suggest norwegian desert camo on the vest as well? And the pouches? Or is it to much? Any and all advice is appreciated! :)

I'm always willing to give advice.

In all honesty, I'd pretty much skip Combatkit. The quality is good, but it just isn't used that much.

Here's a list of BAs that are good to go though:

- NFM M07BA

- NFM M09BA (M07, just in coyote)

- NFM M11BA

- Eagle Industries MAR-CIRAS, Coyote/MJKhaki

- BAE Eclipse RBAV, Coyote/MJKhaki

- LBT 6094, Coyote/Khaki

- ProTech BA, Coyote/OD

However, if you're looking for an actual vest I'd go with either an NFM Bear II in Norwegian woodland or the current issued NFM M10 (BEAR).

As for pouches, mixing it up a bit is a good way to go.

Personally I've preferred to go with a mix of Ranger Green, OD, Norwegian woodland and desert and MJKhaki.

These colors all go pretty well together and blend decently. It also gives it a more practical and professional look instead of the "Look at my pretty colormatched barbie-outfit!" ;)

For reference, this is what my NFM M07BA and Paraclete HPC looked like:

P4155905.jpg

P9156703.jpg

A mix of Norwegian woodland, Ranger Green, OD and Norwegian desert.

The makes of the various pouches pretty much came down to HSGI, Eagle Industries, NFM, Tactical Tailor, Paraclete and CombatKit.

Hope I've been of some help to you, feel free to ask if you have more questions.