Norwegian Gear

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking rad as always Pkekyo-Nor! Good to see you back!

That 416 must weigh an absolute tonne though...

EDIT: Just seen your reply in another thread, so I won't ask the same question! So a different one: Are you still serving/training? Good on you if you are, I've got to wait until next year before I can join because of the damn recruitment windows!

Edited by Blackjack13

Thanks. Like you've allready seen, the weight is slightly more than a real HK416 fully loaded, but far more front-heavy.

Ironically, I am now also selling this new HK416...

Furthermore, I am, and intend to stay on for a few years if I get the position I'm gunning for.

Edited by Pkekyo-Nor
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First foray in to the wonderful world that is Norwegian camo !

Inspired by a pic I saw of a royal guardsman in Oslo just after the Bravik bombings ;

x4s00x.jpg

Kit list ;

OD baseball

BDU,s

Khaki Platecarrier with three combatkit M4 pouches , radio carrier and a large utility pouch all in Norwegian camo pattern

TM 416 with a comp M4

No Norwegian patches though , I'm in the "if you don't earn , you don't wear" camp on unit ID .

Edited by druid799
  • 3 weeks later...

I can't help but feel that Crye should have made them with either tan velcro/stretch (a'la MC) or green velcro/stretch (a'la M81/M84). I'm not quite sure why they chose to go with ranger green?

Well, Crye really didn't have much of a say in the matter.

Furthermore, Ranger Green works extremely well in Norwegian terrain, and to be honest...it looks better as well.

Currently, they're running around in Coyote Brown MAR CIRASes with Ranger Green DBT pouches and cock-knockers.
OPS-Core FAST Ballistic helmets with ITL Mini n/SEAs mounts and VIP-IR strobes. Mainly black helmets, but every now and then you'll see a tan one.
Load carrying belts are few and far between, whilst they commonly run just a Safariland SL-6004 for their USPs on a rigger's/web belt. Occasionally also an IFAK.
For comms, MBITRs with older style Peltor PTT and Comtac 1 or 2s with any variation of microphone (including throat microphones).
For weapon accessories, they tend to rock Aimpoint Comp2s on ARMS mounts, ARMS BUIS, AN/PEQ-2A and Laser Devices OR-6 light.

it all sounds soo expensive!

the camo is sorted  :rolleyes:

HK416 unsure on getting a TM or a Umarex would the FSK use 417's? i do like my 7.62 rifles

CIRAS + pouches (mix and match colors? Khaki,RG, Coyote?)

the headgear and comms comes later on 

this could take a while to acquire 

It would actually be better if you had a 16" C8 SFW (for now), but if you'd like a HK416 instead, hands down go for the TM one. Umarex ain't got *suitcase* on it.
And yes, 20" HK417s are used in marksman roles.

Most dominantly, they use Ranger Green pouches from DBT/Battlelab, with some pouches from NFM in coyote/woodland/desert camouflage mixed in.

And yes, Norwegian gear is *fruitcage*-off 'spensive, even the yank import stuff.

it all sounds soo expensive!

the camo is sorted  :rolleyes:

HK416 unsure on getting a TM or a Umarex would the FSK use 417's? i do like my 7.62 rifles

CIRAS + pouches (mix and match colors? Khaki,RG, Coyote?)

the headgear and comms comes later on 

this could take a while to acquire

Next time I'm at DV you can have a go with my TM 416 dressed in Norwegian styliy if ya fancy , gota say I love it !