Time for Change

Horse

I would like to call on all of the airsoft GBB makers to begin to make some of the newer models of pistols that have taken the real gun market by storm!

Enough USP's, make a P30/45 or even a 2000.

Enough Glocks, make an Smith & Wesson M&P and some Springfield XD/XD-M's.

Enough Desert Eagles, Make a Baby Eagle/Jericho.

I realize that there are a couple of CO2 NBB crappy replicas of these guns, but it is time for a quality manufacturer to step up and begin to offer more modern pistol choices. XD and M&P pistols have taken the previous Glock market by storm and continue to sell very well (at least in the USA).

Does anyone else want a "modern" pistol?

No one makes a M&P in the airsoft world - baring perhaps a custom job or two in Japan?

The people you need to convince to do this are in Japan AND you also need to make a hugely successful film or anime series (successful in Japan that is) that catches the eye of Western Arms (not likely) Tokyo Marui or KSC to get a a skirmishable replica.

The Jericho 941 is around both as a GBB (fail! but oh so sexy and balanced thanks Hudson), and I think I saw it around somewhere in NBB format.

KSC is the most likely to have plans for this on file (the USP style stuff) and perhaps the Croatian designed XP.

Failing that, you could travel to Japan and commission a limited run of these GBBs - I have no idea on how many thousands that you would have to spend.... perhaps 200 or so? Maybe more? to get a run of even 500 gbbs.

Yes, I know about market dynamics, but I also know that if enough people want them, they will make them.

I personally would pay $200 for an M&P and know another who would do the same for an XD-M.

There have to be more of us.

PS: KWC makes a CO2 NBB M&P

my apologies.. I was supposed to have written "no one makes a GBB M&P in the airsoft world..."

I have handled the KWC version - liked the texture but talk about liiiightweight.

You have to convince the Japanese to make one.

Make a Baby Eagle/Jericho.

Hudson is re-releasing the Jericho with a new "BVS/3P" system. Supposably it's an update on the old "BVS" system.

Now instead of it shooting 6 feet and corkscrewing off, it shoots a WHOLE 10 feet and corkscrews off :P .

I really hate to say it, but the NBB versions are better than nothin'.

Thats a Mod.659 and while they were pretty good for their time (I've owned one), I believe they are no longer made and were not that prevelent even when they were made. The 659 was really quite heavy (all stainless steel) and had a really boxy grip. I preferred ny 459 (alloy frame-lighter) and even my 639 (much slimmer).

While a good pistol, it was always outclassed by the Sig and when the Glocks started to appear, it was "game over" for the S&W's.

I just dont think the pistol was popular enough to get a manufacturer to spend the money to make a good GBB of it (even though I'd probably buy one as well as you).

Thats a Mod.659 and while they were pretty good for their time (I've owned one), I believe they are no longer made and were not that prevelent even when they were made. The 659 was really quite heavy (all stainless steel) and had a really boxy grip. I preferred ny 459 (alloy frame-lighter) and even my 639 (much slimmer).

While a good pistol, it was always outclassed by the Sig and when the Glocks started to appear, it was "game over" for the S&W's.

I just dont think the pistol was popular enough to get a manufacturer to spend the money to make a good GBB of it (even though I'd probably buy one as well as you).

S&W had to be doing something right if Mr. Pink was using it ;) .

I haven't been into this sport for some time, but checking up the news section here every now and then makes me wonder if the markets have become even more narrow they were couple of years back. Looks like today we see only one Japanese manufacturer cloning other Japanese manufacturer, then the Chinese clone it cheaper. When I got into this sport back in late 1990's I couldn't believe there wasn't decent Browning HiPower GBB (Tanaka being somewhat questionable quality) or more S&W autoloaders available. But the funny thing is that there's only little improvement today, almost a decade later! Or are the Japanese markets for new pistols drying? Have even the Japanese collectors moved on to AEG Armalite varients with tons of accessories?!?

The Japanese manufacturers hardly ever listen to anyone outside of their country and I doubt their interest in releasing (and re-releasing) 19/2011 models is even far from fading. The only real company that makes relatively new handguns is Tanaka, but they got their balls in a vice not too long ago for making something too good to be real (or rather too real to be good). Their new S&W M&P looks fantastic except its the wheel gun R8 and not the .40 auto loader.

As mentioned earlier, KWC did release a .40 M&P but in NBB CO2 form only, as well as a Taurus 24/7 and afaik, a Jericho 941. What we need is to convince non-Japanese manufacturers (like KWA USA) to fill this void of GBB models because clearly the Japanese aren't listening either because they just don't care or because they don't get much feedback on how these new (real world) weapons are gaining popularity due to the language barrier.

Archived