Pistol with a Long barrel.

WhutJP

considering a custom project at the moment, wanted to ask a q here before diving in.

Assuming its a nice warm day and your using Hfc134a gas in a TM Desert Eagle (though i guess i mean this for all pistols)

What kind of power difference you get out of an extended barrel?

I'm not actually sure what the deagle's stock fps output is.

lets say the lengthened barrel was 400mm, has anyone got any educated guesses as to what it would be?

And how comparable is it to AEG's in range?

Ah.

My friend has a deagle and in the summer our aeg's do outrange it, it was with the lengthened barrel in terms of range i was wondering about.

Our aegs are stock (well under the .98J limit), so a slightly lengthened barrel might do the trick. but I see that 400mm might be too much.

with gas guns, the barrel doesn't effect range too much, just accuracy. if you use an MP5 length PDI or EdGi 6.01 barrel you'll reach the point where you will max out range and accuracy. i think anyway.

there was a guy a while ago that built a G3 out of a maruzen MP5k. with the 509mm barrel, the gun didn't shoot any farther.

The Heavier the projectile the further it will go. It will also require more time to accelerate it in a barrel. Which means more pressure and more volume. More volume means more chamber to power, or push the projectile. The volume of the chamber should be equal to the volume of the barrel. Drag is also produced from the friction of the barrel and aerodynamic qualities of the projectile. The magnus effect of the projectile will greatly effect how accurate the shot is and help it go further.

///ed///

on a side note... i was bored one day so i lengthened my barrel of my kjw m9 with my ak lengh barrel. i had to of course mill out the end of it to match the hop up... the distance of my shot did not increase at all but i had it cronoed. stock barrel was at 325-330 fps, ak length barrel was 415-430 fps. im sure it didnt go any further cause the hopup didnt align right...

Not sure what the Desert Eagle chronos on hfc134A, mine on propane used to pull about 350 in 60 degree weather.

One time it was about 90 degrees and it chronoed at 390 FPS with propane and KSC .20 BBs.

I bet if the barrel was a tightbore as long as an M4 you may need highflow valves to make up for the extra drag. But once it was set then you'd have a pretty insane gun.

Cool thanks for all the replies.

What I was goin for (or thinking about anyway) is a semi auto blowback rifle able to be on par with aegs (but without going over the legal limit o corse)

Basically as a bit of fun really, and i figured the deagle to be best cos of the dial hop system and a bigger cylinder (i think) than other Gbb's. Also the deagle is relatively cheap.

that particular length of barrel was just a random suggestion, but I think perhaps a shorter 25-30cm barrel might be better. possibly with high flow valves and wotnot

Archived