Helmet Cameras

Fatal

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The "First" Wearable HIGH DEFINITION! action camera!

http://helmetcameracentral.com/2009/04/27/...able-camcorder/

Apparently retailing at $280 and should be out May 15th.

This, is what ive been waiting for and I'm actually pissing my pants. There are some videos of it in action too which is great..

The ATC3K seems washed out, the Tachyon seems over saturated, but for that price point what do you expect? The features seem better on the XC, and the video is smoother too. I think I'd still rather have the contour HD when it comes out.

• 1 month later...

Right, bought myself a Tachyon XC, which came with a very nice free upgrade to the next biggest memory card for being in the forces, cheers lads. Excellent communication as well I have to say. Now, can anyone think of an existing mount or method that could possibly be useful somehow for attaching it to 20mm rail? I fancy getting a few shots from underneath the weapon facing the mag well during reloads, Magpul DVD style.

XC-45.jpg

Dimensions:

Length 4" (10.5cm )

Width 2" ( 4.5cm)

Height 2.5" (5.5cm )

• 6 months later...

sry to necro post , but ive recently been looking at buying a cam for airsofting and has my eye on the contour hd 1080p.

has anyone tryed one of these yet?

after checking this thread id like to compair one to the Tachyon XC,as at its price it seems a good buy(under 200 compaired to the 350 for the contour)

my main worrie is the preformance in low lighting with these cams,i dont want to spend 3-400 on a cam that give ###### quality vids

sry to necro post , but ive recently been looking at buying a cam for airsofting and has my eye on the contour hd 1080p.

has anyone tryed one of these yet?

after checking this thread id like to compair one to the Tachyon XC,as at its price it seems a good buy(under 200 compaired to the 350 for the contour)

my main worrie is the preformance in low lighting with these cams,i dont want to spend 3-400 on a cam that give ###### quality vids

i have the none HD version, model before that one, and it is excelent.

here is a vid i made using it (excuse the Real Steelness of it)

th_killhouse.jpg

i have also seen the HD version used for footage on the gadget show on CH5, so it must be good!

The other model i looked at before i found this page was the go pro hero hd,as origionaly i was set on a hd cam, and had picked the go pro and contour to decide between

But god the fire cam does also look good,as does the vids from the standard contour.

im now realy just stuck on which to get regarding price vs preformance, is the contour hd going to give significantly better quality vids than the fire cam or the Tachyon XC 2010.

Having a look at vids on the Tachyon XC 2010 page(moto cross,racing vids) there does seem to be a marked improvement on the hd models in terms of quality.

Archived