AEG Sniper Thread

Shriven

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're all 'proper' snipers here in Sniping Haven - we don't use AEGs! ;)

I joke, of course.

My set-up is:

CYMA M14 (Which i have owned for ages!)

KA KAC RAS (Again, had that for ages)

KA M14 QD Silencer Ver.2 (yep, had that ages too!)

Custom Walnut Stock

Kydex Cheek Rest

Harris Bi-Pod

Leupold M3

All Stock CYMA parts apart from (only the best for this gun... :P)

Element Bearing Spring Guide

Element Anti-Reversal Latch

Element Spring

Li-Po

MOSFET

420fps W/0.20's :)

right looks like im about to build myself a semi sniper based on an m14, but im not 100% sure whats needed.

to start with im using a tm m14 socom-do you think the shorter barrel will make that much of a difference or should i buy a longer outer barrel.

then i planned on fitting a guarder 120 FTK kit and a prommy 6.03 barrel.

i had also planned on fitting a FET-something i know very little about so anyhelp would be great.Im wanting to so it runs semi only and precocks the rifle every shot.

wheres a good place to get a good FET?

anything else i may need or should change?

cheers

pete

Hi Pete,

Well as you can see, i did skimp on my M14, but regardless i'll answer your questions :)

The small difference in the barrel length has negligible effect on the shooting characteristics, so go for whichever you think looks best, or feels best.

The Guarder FTK isn't my first choice, but the fact it saves you the bother of buying different bits from all over the place is a merit in some respects. If you have a TM you'd be replacing most of those parts anyway (If you had a Cyma... well see my above post) Also, the red piston head that is included in the FTK is reportedly defective - this is a view shared by many, but some don't agree as is the case with most things airsoft. The thing with the 120 is, if you're wanting to be shooting 450fps w/0.20's then it might not give you enough power. That would just be a case of changing the spring though, so no biggie. If it is a TM that you're buying then the stock motor might struggle to deal with the stronger spring. I've never owned the TM, so i really don't know - it could be fine. All i know is the Cyma may be ACM, but come with torque-up motors out the box. So, i guess IF the TM one does need replaced, then you'd be looking at Guarder M160 Torque, Guarder Infinite torque or a magnum.

The Prometheus 6.03mm is your best bet as regards the barrel. May i suggest you also fit systema/prometheus bucking with an H-Nub.

As for MOSFETs you'll be wanting one of these:

http://extreme-fire.com/SW-COMPUTER.html

It is programmable, so that you can make it shoot semi only. Extreme-Fire knows his stuff too, if you pop over to Airsoft Mechanics, then you'll see what i mean. In short, you'll be shooting semi-only and never get a lock-up. For more info on MOSFETs see the pinned thread on the technical discussion on here.

Jamie

well, I've seen a couple. They are indeed feckin' heavy I'll give them that. But its all metal goodness so fairly indestructable.

They come quite hot out of the box, I've seen up to about 415fps which then settled down to just under 400. Best to disable that full auto function.

They have a good range and are reasonably accurate in stock form, certainly worthy of DMR material. Its the sort of gun that can be easily made very good by the addition of a decent hop rubber and some minor fettling.

They are not my thing, but the guys that have got them are more than pleased. One of those rifles that is a real bridge between a 'normal' AEG and a boltie.

Mine ways in at just over 15lbs less mag and ammo and I've lightened it by takeing off the ris rails off the front, machineing material away where I can etc etc and yes a bi-pod is a must, I've had to tape my battery between the stock rails, and its still front heavy :unsure:

Got an A&K SR-25. internal modifications/extras include psg-1 length TB (6.04mm), psg-1 spring (300%),

new shimming, mosfet, 11.1v LiPo, systema hop-up rubber. have ordered a G&P SR-25 cylinder with cylinder head, for fixing the compression problem (its shooting only around 130m/s with 300% spring) . was hoping that psg1 FTK set will fit completely ,but the cylinder parts did not match. personally i love this gun. it's accurate and the fire rate is mindblowing. i'm using G&G .28g & Perfect .3g BB's . the gearbox is quite noisy,but mosfet system (plus a good LiPo) will compensate it.

sorry for posting a link to a big pic, but the picture upload system here is BS (cant upload any,no matter how small it is)

IMG_1747-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Mod's can we pin this thread? I found this very helpful and i know it will anwser a lot of questions regarding AEG's in the sniping role.

My question: Would aTM M14 upgraded to 450fps(130-140ish spring i would guess) be a good platform with the stock barrel and hopup? My definition of good(accuracy/range wise) is a 1st shot hit on a torso sized target at 40-50m 8/10 times.

Thank you in advance for any replys,

Scar527

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone here been able to get their SR's up to 200ft with accurate fire? And if you have what exactly did you need to do to achieve this. Also what kind of scopes are you useing for your DMR/SWS's? I know for the most part a 4x scope is more than adequate for Airsoft.

I'm starting my new role in airsoft: DMR/Recon Element/MSST (Mobile Strike Sniper Team). I am using my A&K MK12 SPR MOD 0-it's ungodly accurate, FPS is pushing 400 something, and it's perfectly fine for our games. I'm putting on a nice scope and a bipod. Anyone else use a A&K SPR? Any thoughts on what to do with it? I'm more concerned about my camo and gear right now, my gun works beautifully.

merchant, what kind of range and groupings are you getting with the A&K SPR? I love my A&K SR25's but both the URX and the Full size have had janky Hop-Ups to be quite honest. The URX had the worst of the 2 though. After a new hop up and some tweaking it is getting out to a good 150-160 feet. I am not sure about the other SR though I left for Iraq before I could really give it a good test.

Have any of you actually took your SWS's out and done proper rangeing? More or less done an Airsoft equivelant of a range day and zeroing of the weapons? If so have you found this to be usefull or a waste of time? I am asking because I tend to get real shooting and Airsoft crossed every so often and get frustrated with the rabges limitations...LOL.

If you guys flip back to page 1 post 16 I posted a link to what I did to my Dboys Mod 0, in it I cover a hop mod that I find very successful if you get it wright, I've done it to all my SASS now and have no regrets :D

throwing a cat amongst the pigeons a bit here... but i'm having a hard time welcoming the idea of aeg sniper rifles, cant help but think somethings lost with regards to skill ect when a sniper can smack you from 50m on semi firing at 500fps.

Now a single shot bolt action takes patience and skill to gain a confirmed kill at range, but any newbie can lay there with a hicap on semi and pump out 4-5 rounds a second on semi till he's hit something.

just hope this sport doesnt turn into two teams of campers at range peppering the few lonewolves that want to get stuck in.

Not wanting to start an arguement, just looking for... erm, hoping for justification/reasurance?

Just something I've built for the summer bank holiday game at fireball (posted on another forum but thought it somewhere near relavent here ;) )

http://airsoftsniper.proboards107.com/inde...&thread=781

My other SASS weapon is a G&G MK14 EBR, it uses a 6.03 Madbull barrel, solid hop bucking (AUG style hop) Guarder black rubber, Systema Helical Super Torque gears and an M120 spring, I have fitted a 12volt relay as opposed to a mosfet (because I had one floating round the garage and the space to fit it ;) ) and run it on a 9.6v battery. Trigger response is almost instant considering the gear ratio, it has never locked on me, though not a problem as its a 2nd generation GB so came with a spring release, unlike the newer versions, and has acccuracy comparable to my VSR when it has its 120 spring in (400fps), and looks abit like this ( though its had some lower scope mounts fitted since)

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o306/vi...encepics211.jpg

How did you attach that vertical grip to the handguard, and how did you get a G&G M14 into a EBR chassis?

it can and will happen.

last summer and the one before when the chinese guns hit the uk we had 1 sniper for every 2 aegs on site nearly about 20 per side sometimes,though these were boltactions.

this did cause massive lulls in games,so much so that there after there were rules put in to limit the no.s perside if it happened again.

but to be honest it didnt bother me that much, 90% of them were guys running around with sniper rifles that didnt use concealment and couldnt shoot worth a ######.

with aegs players on my site are only aloud to use them if they are made semi only(g&g sr25) or the player is very trusted by the staff, and they are trusted to not have more than 2 bbs in the air at anyone time.

anyone caught firing semi fast would be removed from game and banned from using an aeg sniper at high fps

yep, thats my point fella, the REALLY anoying thing is, more than half those snipers are kids, again, who have no tactical inteligence, and are a waste of a space on your side, now that there are aeg sniper rifles avalible cheap as chips, I fear its going to get worse.

Hopefully marshals will make examples of those who take the proverbial, but I dont hold my breath, 9 times out of ten, either they arent paying any attention, or they are mates with the culprit, and turn a blind eye.

A bunch of us now play on private land, put off at our local site by the amount of aeg snipers and lack of control, shame.

Well if it's any concilation, I'm just aiming to be accurate squad support, not a full time dug in sniper type. I too have experienced huge scale holdups due to suitcase snipers and definately don't want to be part of the problem

Archived