AEG Sniper Thread

Shriven

And here is my own AEG DMR in the form of one very highly tuned CA AUG A1. To be honest I don't know exactly what parts are in this gun, as its about 6 years old and has 3 owners in total. All I know is that it has the PDC(?) hop unit in it, Guarder gearbox internals and a PDI tightbore. Tightbore runs to just inside the standard flashhider, which was removed in order to mount the silencer, which works like a charm apparently. ~15m shot, target didn't hear it.

Running at 380 on 0.28s. Longest confirmed kill at 360 feet.

photo-2.jpg

It's the rifle being used in this pic taken at the NZ Nationals recently.

Nats2012Meday1ghillie.jpg

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well its not TOO powerful, only just under 450 FPS on 0.2s. At range that close its always chest shots or I'll aim for a vest if they have one. Just has a brilliant hop unit and barrel in it. I believe that particular 360ft shot was a tiny bit of a lob when it was running a little higher, about 470FPS on 0.2s, but a hit's a hit :) It is a ridiculously good rifle, purely because its had hours and hour spent on it alongside thousands of dollars in parts to get it to where it is now. Easily a 1K club gun, probably breaking 2 or 3k total spent. Unfortunately I don't know exactly what's in it. But I can hardly complain when it works so well.

Oh, and its a 1.5x scope ;)

Either your running some kind of magic hopup sauce, in which case do tell. Or your ability estimate range needs some serious work. 360ft with 450fps has my bs alarm going off in all sorts of ways. :unsure:

Don't take that as offense, but as someone who has pursued long range accuracy for quite a while and has tried to do so keeping it under a certain power level for flexibility purposes. I doubt the ranges you claim.

It's not estimating at all. We went onto google maps and plotted out the position of the firer and where the guy got hit. Keep in mind this gun is using one of the better hop units ever made, and a ridiculously good barrel. Also, I did say the shot was made when the gun was running a little higher at about 470. As I also mentioned, this gun has hours of work put into it, making sure everything sits just right.

Also compared it to where we usually do our 100m Real Steel shoots (same field, almost the same spot) to double check.

Paranoiddroid, CA's are fantastic with a little bit of work. Friend of mine built a rifle on the CA base to be very similar to the picture I posted. Was, and still is, a beast of a rifle.

Either your running some kind of magic hopup sauce, in which case do tell. Or your ability estimate range needs some serious work. 360ft with 450fps has my bs alarm going off in all sorts of ways. :unsure:

Don't take that as offense, but as someone who has pursued long range accuracy for quite a while and has tried to do so keeping it under a certain power level for flexibility purposes. I doubt the ranges you claim.

I built that gun up from the dusted remains that turned up in the box, so i know what it can do.

Bear in mind, that that particular AUG has seen three seperate owners, two of which wanted to see the best possible accuracy. I've spent the better part of five years perfecting every part in that gun to acheive maximum range.

In saying that, Wraith is a bit off. Its doing more like 470 fps, but with the hop unit turned on to the correct weight its performing around the 455-460 mark.

It is entirely possible to get rifles accurately hitting out that distance, it just takes alot of time and effort to acheive it.

Running considerably heavier weight bb's than standard, and correctly zeroing your optic. Dont use the hop to acheive maximum possible lift to acheive as much distance as possible, use the hop to give you the longest, flattest trajectory with a slight curve you can manage, then utilize holdover to account for the drop

My TM (Mostly G&P) M14 has ranged the longest kill we've been able to record, which was 130m. Bear in mind, this was no one-shot-wonder and took around 40 shots to acheive, but as it was a bit of a showdown between snipers, it was a good test of range and rifle.

I was the receiver on banes 130m shot. Was railing out shots with my vsr and him with his m14. Decide its a lost cause, and turn around to tell someone to reposition only to feel a light thwack on my BDU's. As he said, I went through 12 rounds in the vsr so he probably went through 40, but still amazing. I was prone at the time and excluding the round that hit me the one that came closest was the one that started it all, whistled past my face and caused me to go to ground. m14 was running 545 +/- 1fps from memory.

• 4 months later...

To many pages, not enough pics...

AUG%2520showing%2520short%2520mag.jpg

TM Aug

Knights Phantom Kit

home made foregrip

Modded midcap into 20 round short sniper magazine. Need to do a few more.

home made full length steal barrel passes through barrel block into phantom kit

CA reinforced v3 mechbox, 7mm bearings.

PDI PSG-1 650mm tight bore, shimmed in full length barrel to be perfectly straight.

v3 m16/aug Bore Up Kit (Guarder or Systema cant remember which, in 2006 there was one kit that worked and one that didn't, tried both this is the good one)

Torque up gearset

CA high torque motor

m160 (I know it was around 360fps with .36 high grade BB's, in 2006... I think its around 400fps w/.25? Wonder if the spring is still good for that.)

Custom 1/4 inch thick ABS Mechbox retaining plate, holds MB more securely, will withstand the heaviest springs, gives slightly so it doesn't transmit shock and just rip our the body mounting posts like metal retaining plates. Provides more room for battery.

Piston teeth shaved, piston head shimmed, AOE perfection

Custom U shaped hop nub centers BB's, very tight groupings at extreme range, very wind dependent. Indoors, well there aren't indoors big enough to test it... would need a huge gym, and that isn't going to happen.

Running a 11.1v lipo, I never use the full auto it would probably wreck something with the m160.

Dynamat noise suppressing material lining rear of body, which is good as the sound and shock of the spring so close to ones check with the Aug is almost like recoil with the m160. Had an m190 in it at one point, was scared of that thing, ricochets could draw blood.

Thinking of selling... need money for college. Not offering just yet but what would you all estimate its worth?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, I've recently purchased an old CA M14, and I've opened her up, inc that weird v7(?) gearbox, and when i put it all together again, it seems to only fire full auto, which is precisely what Ie20didnp want... can anyone well versed in the V7 gearbox help me find out what's wrong with it?

the metal arm on the left hand side, (supposed to control single and auto) is there, and the outer spring is there, forcing it down, the selector and its plastic arms have been removed, and yet... full blast... help please! :\

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Im sorry for the necro post, but I think this is the right thread to ask instead of opening a new one.

Im thinking about building mi first DMR and I have two candidates at the moment, the A&K SR25K and the Cyma M14Soc16, I like the looks of both and what I can make them look with some external bits so my only concern is how efficiently I can make them perform (range and accuracy) as best as possible at 440FPS. This is, which one of them has more potential while not needing to change most of its internals

I have been reading around and the M14 seems to be better platform, but im no expert, so any advice or alternative is allways welcome, but let me add, low weight and 400mm inner barrels are allways welcome

Thanks for your help =)

• 2 weeks later...

The m14 has the better hop unit by far but is a royal buttache to get in and out of the gearbox. Generally speaking though once you have done what you need to do in the gearbox you wont need to go back in for some time. Pretty much all the best DMR's around my way are M14based even a couple with tk twist barrels running at 330 shoot a metric mile with ease.

• 4 weeks later...

I've just received a well loved A&K SR25 in a trade and have been reading up all I can on mag compatibility

As far as I can find G&G/ CA Magwells are narrower than G&P / A&K.

So A&K mags would need filing to fit in a G&P, G&G will fit in A&K but be a little loose.

Pmag 20LR's (rarer than rocking horse manure! )

Need filing for G&G magwells.

Does anybody know of a source for pmag 20lr mags???

Search online for "the sr25 guide" same post is on a couple of forums with useful info!

Hope that helps.

Jim

Archived