The Mosfet Thread

crackisbad

no. it's a common issue with V2 gearboxes however it should be lessened by the fet. Typically it's because power is lost before the cycle has been completed. ie the piston is almost all the way back before power is lost but there isn't enough ampage from the battery/motor doesnt have enough torque to pull the piston that little bit more to release it.

It could be a fet issue, a motor issue or you not pulling the trigger all the way to the "bite" point (again, the mosfet unit should prevent this last one assuming that the fet is the standard type not the naff plug n play type)

That sounds like the issue I get in my G&P XM177 and it has a fet in it.... odd.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys I have had someone fit an airfet braked system inside a v2 gearbox with shs motor and gearset. Also a speed trigger with short trigger pull now if I pull the trigger too fast on semi after 10 shots or so the gearbox locks up and I have to switch to full auto to unjam. Is this something that can be fixed?

Actually, I've seen this with some of the adjustable speed triggers in some guns.  Toss you stock trigger back in and see if it happens again.  The problem I've seen is that if the adjustment made to the speed trigger is too aggressive, then on semi auto (when the cut off lever disconnects it), the trigger block is sitting on top of the actual trigger instead of resetting with the rear cut engaging the trigger.  If you don't have your stock trigger, you can just remove the set screw from the speed trigger to remove all adjustment and test it that way.

I had a similar problem with my latest V2 build. What I found was happening was that each cycle seemed to overrun by about 10% or so, due to the momentum in the gearbox and the motor running down after the power was cut. After a few shots this meant the piston came to rest almost fully retracted, and the motor couldn't handle the almost fully compressed spring from standstill.

I solved it by building an AB mosfet (following Doubletap's tutorial) to replace the normal, non-braking one - this does exactly what it should and stops the motor, and so the gearbox, at the end of each cycle. I tend to play almost entirely on semi-auto, and since fitting the mosfet I've not had the overrun problem once, and the only time I experienced the dreaded "V2 lockup" was when I was spamming the trigger to see if it would lock up.....

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived