The Mosfet Thread

crackisbad

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Infected in the US - everyone agrees that his are awesome.

Or from Doc in the UK - he put one in my G36 while he was overhauling the gearbox, and it works fine, no issues. Doc's are more basic, though, I don't think you'll get 3-round burst from his. He might be able to do it, though - drop him a PM if you want.

Back to my original point - where can I buy a MOSFET :unsure:

If you just want a simple mosfet & can solder, you could follow the instructions to make the 'project airies' fet as described in Airsoft International Vol4 issue 6, pg40/1. Relatively cheap & simple to do.

Re purchasing fets, Infected's fets are great. He does a full range of fets, ab fets etc. If you ask nicely, for a small charge he will even supply them with specified lengths of wire, which makes replacing your loom easy peasy.

I have used about 20 of his ab mosfets in the past few years. I have crushed a few, trying to squeeze them into small guns, but other than self inflicted damage, none have yet failed.

His product (including the wire) is well thought out, top quality, & reasonably priced. Normally gets to the UK within about 11 days. ;)

I would definitely recommend you contact him & place an order.

Greg.

Thanks Greg!

Also to clarify. MOSFETs alone DO NOT do 3 round burst. To do 3 round burst you have to have a micro controller. Without a micro controller, they have no way of handling the timing. I do not currently provide microcontrolled units yet. Also note that in some setups 3 round burst mode is really an average. if you change batteries, or the battery voltage sags, you'll see inconsistencies in 3 round burts. The units that have these features have gotten better over time, but be aware they are larger so fitting them in tight places can be difficult.

Back to my original point - where can I buy a MOSFET :unsure:

Sometimes, I wonder why I even bother :rolleyes: From the very first post of the thread:

For those of you just looking for where to buy Mosfets from:

Our very own, Infected:

Infected Airsoft

AWS Airsoft

Extreme Fire

Unconventional Airsoft

HH Airsoft

list will be updated periodically

The Extreme Fire and Unconventional Airsoft website sell microcontrolled mosfets so that you can do 1-8(adjustable) round burst. As infected said, it is only a timing system that you adjust for the setup you have, so the burst might be inconsistant. The AWS website has microcontrolled fets as well but the ones with burst options are sold out. For just a regular non-burst fet, I too would recommend Infected's; really great stuff.

Do you really expect people to go back and read the first post in a 130+ post thread? You should know better than that....

I have the same thing in the AUG FAQ thread - that is assuming people find the thread at all, they don't check what's already been asked and answered before asking. I assume it's because people click the "last post" link rather than the post link, which takes them to the end of the thread rather than the beginning....

Just got one of infected's MOSFETS. Can't wait to drop it into my G36. I've had numerous issues with switches burning out easy (specially with higher voltage batts), so I hope this'll help. Also hope that I won't *fruitcage* up the install :)

Just got one of infected's MOSFETS. Can't wait to drop it into my G36. I've had numerous issues with switches burning out easy (specially with higher voltage batts), so I hope this'll help. Also hope that I won't *fruitcage* up the install :)

Very easy on the 36, you don't even have to split the box. ;)

Greg.

Do you really expect people to go back and read the first post in a 130+ post thread? You should know better than that....

I have the same thing in the AUG FAQ thread - that is assuming people find the thread at all, they don't check what's already been asked and answered before asking. I assume it's because people click the "last post" link rather than the post link, which takes them to the end of the thread rather than the beginning....

Yea, I guess I should know better by now...

Lon, like greg said, it should be cake; very simple soldering.

I just bought a couple fets from AWS, I will post some pics and info when they come in.

From Infected in the US - everyone agrees that his are awesome.

Or from Doc in the UK - he put one in my G36 while he was overhauling the gearbox, and it works fine, no issues. Doc's are more basic, though, I don't think you'll get 3-round burst from his. He might be able to do it, though - drop him a PM if you want.

Nope, no burst facility, no active braking, just a simple switching MOSFET set up.

And quit volunteering me for more jobs Hed', or I'll do them before the rest of yours :rolleyes::P .

;)

Nope, no burst facility, no active braking, just a simple switching MOSFET set up.

And quit volunteering me for more jobs Hed', or I'll do them before the rest of yours :rolleyes::P .

;)

If you're too busy, I can knock a few up. :D

Greg.

HELPPPP!!!! this thread helped me but im still confused.

so have a few questions

dads and electrician so sourcing the parts is easy and cheap.

wiring them together also easy.

i want to build an active breaking mosfet for a few rifles.

M14 (semi only) 8.4v 3700 MaH battery (m120 spring)

M4 (semi and auto) rear wired, 8.4v 3700MaH battery. (M100 spring)

and a few others all on simular set up

these are all my own rifles.

basically questions are

1. will these mosfets cope or do i need higher quality ones (p channel) SPP80P06P made by INFINEON and a (n channel) IRL3713P - Unknown make BF-ND??

2. the 20k Ohm resistor i read is too high is this true (pull down resistor??)

3. Whats the wattage of the 2 resistors i need. 100 ohm ?? W and 20k?? ??W

could someone supply correct part numbers (im currently using the RS book and the N channel mosfet is not a held in stock item)

also when wiring into the gun, i get confused with where the trigger contacts wire to, and where the battery - motor wires to. (just from reading as i dont have a mosfet to hand)

If someone has a wiring schematic it would be helpful.

have looked on the Airsoft retreat link which helped a little.

With Many thanks to Extreme-fire for suppling the schematics for the AB mosfet.

Im now pretty much sorted.

Care to share?

If not on the forums then to my e-mail bjorn.haruoja@gmail.com

Cheers in advance,

B.

I'm about to fit my first FET to an M14 - has anyone got any pics that could help me out?

What brand of m14, and is it a regular mosfet, a mosfet with braking, or a computer driving mosfet unit (microcontrolled)?

It's an AGM M14 and I also have a CYMA that may be next.

The MOS is one of yours with AB :P

Here's the TM M14 wiring diagram (looking down from above on the gun). The CYMA is a bit more straight forward, as there isn't any wiring on the right side of the gun.

Click the thumbnail:

th_M14-Wiring-with-MOSFET.jpg

Archived