The Mosfet Thread

crackisbad

Apologies for thickness but I am still a little confused. Is th correct for the ACM M14s then:

Two RED wires soldered to upper trigger contact - one goes to the motor, one to the battery

One GREEN wire soldered to the lower trigger contact

One BLACK wire straight to the motor from the battery

And no other wiring needed for the FET to work e.g. I don't need a section of green wire linking the trigger to the right side of the gear box.

I'm pretty comfortable around M14s and picked this one to FET first as, given the external trigger contacts I assued that I wouldn't need to crack open the gear box.

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi looking at building a few AB mosfets but don't really have a clue what parts are correct. I've read the whole thread and the airsoft retreat link but i'm still not sure exactly which parts I need I no I need an N and a P mosfet and a 20k ohm resistor and a 100ohm resistor but I don't know which ones are the best ones to get. If any one could provide the part numbers or links to the parts i need it would be great and also is RS the best place to get the bits or is there some where better?

Any help would be great

Cheers Mike

Hi looking at building a few AB mosfets but don't really have a clue what parts are correct. I've read the whole thread and the airsoft retreat link but i'm still not sure exactly which parts I need I no I need an N and a P mosfet and a 20k ohm resistor and a 100ohm resistor but I don't know which ones are the best ones to get. If any one could provide the part numbers or links to the parts i need it would be great and also is RS the best place to get the bits or is there some where better?

Any help would be great

Cheers Mike

RS is easy for me as dad uses it alot and gets free delivery on items

ill get the codes up for you once i have made this test one

Infected

AGM M14s dont have anythink like that picture. My agm M14 has no safety contact

it jsut has positive to trigger contact, to motor then negative to battery

Then it should just work like a v2 gearbox as far as the wiring goes. I believe only TM is crazy enough to put all the wiring they do on an m14.

Sorry if this has been asked before but has anyone tried using the AWS Airsoft MOSFET with an L85 (specifically the "Scorpion HRC-X340 w/ Sensor Hopup")?

I might be interested in getting one even just for the sake of the built in tracer and the realistic anti-dryfire system...

Any help would be great

Cheers Mike

You could try the Airsoft International 'Project Ares' fet (Vol. 4 Issue 6, Pg40-41):

Mosfet, IRF2804LPBF RS stock code 651-8787, 30K resister RS code 132-848, 100K resister RS code 132-258.

Greg.

picked up a couple fets from AWS while they had them in stock for about 4.62 seconds.

Top one is their "micro," which is about the size of infected's regular fet, and bottom is the Sentry:

100_1871.jpg

will let you guys know who they hold up once I install them.

HELP!

Just fitted a FET (Infected) to my AGM M14... The motor spins beautifully but the gears don't spin when it's connected back up. The gun just gives a 'click' when I pull the trigger!

It was firing fine before I fitted the fet and all I have done to the gun itself is to solder the fet in place. I also tried spinning the gear I can see (when the motor is off) by hand and it doesn't seem to move.

What's gone wrong?

HELP!

Just fitted a FET (Infected) to my AGM M14... The motor spins beautifully but the gears don't spin when it's connected back up. The gun just gives a 'click' when I pull the trigger!

It was firing fine before I fitted the fet and all I have done to the gun itself is to solder the fet in place. I also tried spinning the gear I can see (when the motor is off) by hand and it doesn't seem to move.

What's gone wrong?

Email sent.

• 2 weeks later...

Any help would be great

Cheers Mike

Did you read post no99 and follow the link?

Did you read post no99 and follow the link?

I did i have read the whole thread but i had no idea if i wa looking at the right quality/ capacity parts as there are a lot of different parts on rs and i have no idea about components only electronics i have done is rewiring a gun or changing a fuse.

Mike

I did i have read the whole thread but i had no idea if i wa looking at the right quality/ capacity parts as there are a lot of different parts on rs and i have no idea about components only electronics i have done is rewiring a gun or changing a fuse.

Mike

Ah, I see. The fets I use are from Farnells, these are the links, hope it helps.

IRL1404ZPBF

SPP80P06P

i do have some ir1404s in a antistatic bag somewhere if anyone want them PM me and we discuss it there.

In other news, just finished wiring up one of Infected's AB mosfet units in a UMP. dear lord there is not much space to put anything in that body.

i do have some ir1404s in a antistatic bag somewhere if anyone want them PM me and we discuss it there.

In other news, just finished wiring up one of Infected's AB mosfet units in a UMP. dear lord there is not much space to put anything in that body.

Try shoving one in an MP7... I did... with a lipo... now it's shooting 280fps @ 18 rps. :)

If you stick one of those firefox 11.1v lipos in there there's tons of room for one of Infected's MOSFET's. That's how it is with my G&G at least.

Hi there infected thanks to ur great lipo thread i have 2 on the way 7.4v 2800mah which u have already helped with in the thread with regards to AOE ect

one is going in my A&K M249 so my questin is what sort of mosfet would be best for me and would the standard wiring stand up to the power supply ect as not all A&K wiring is the best from what i hear

Thanks for the help

Hi there infected thanks to ur great lipo thread i have 2 on the way 7.4v 2800mah which u have already helped with in the thread with regards to AOE ect

one is going in my A&K M249 so my questin is what sort of mosfet would be best for me and would the standard wiring stand up to the power supply ect as not all A&K wiring is the best from what i hear

Thanks for the help

The A&K wiring is pure junk. I have one, so I know. You can put 16 gauge wire in there easily. My mosfets will work great in that gun, just make sure you're shimming is spot on as the stock shimming is horrible.

Made my first mosfet today! i used Doubletap's guide :D only thing is the motor gets hot tho! but its a ACM kalash motor so i dont expect much from it!

Your motor really shouldn't get too hot unless you're firing a bunch of rounds, using a high voltage batterypack, or laying heavy on the trigger.

Your motor really shouldn't get too hot unless you're firing a bunch of rounds, using a high voltage batterypack, or laying heavy on the trigger.

Yea i might shim the bevel gear abit more to the right but it was a pain in the *albartroth* getting a pdi 130 in there!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there guys! This is my first post on this forum, been a fan of the site for a few years now, and just had a few questions about the MOSFET + AB;

First off, does Doubletap's guide to building the AB-MOSFET result in a pretty generic AB-MOSFET; i.e. Does every AB-MOSFET have that same design?

If that is the case, does the rest state of the system draw noticeable current? I'm just asking because after failing to comprehend how it works, I modelled it on croc clips just to see what happens. It ended in about ~200pA drawn through a 200W lamp (No motor available in the software).

I know its not noticeable current, but after a while it will add up. The lamp was an estimate too, I tried a signal lamp but it seemed the resistance was too high.

If you like, I can post the pics, but maybe it is just the software being a fool :P

Archived