Hooha Fair: F.M.C. ST00, a.k.a. Magpul FMG-9 Conversion Kit

Victory

FMP.jpg

Thanks to www.airsoft-news.eu!

ST00 send in picture, taken at recent Hooha Fair in Taipei. It shows poster of Foding (sic!) Machine Pistol. Details are currently very sketchy, poster reads that this is conversion kit, intended for Marui/KSC Glock 17. Expect further details when available.

:huh:

:o

:D

-Vic

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't care if it's useless. I want one :P

It'll join all the other pistols in the collection that sit at home looking pretty and gathering dust. I wouldn't say it's completely useless though , it's one of two ways to add a stock onto a glock. Now whether adding a stock to a glock is useless.... that's completely a matter or opinion :)

For me, airsoft has always been about collecting weapon systems that in realsteel are unaccessible to civilians, be it because of legislation or cost. The FMP in realsteel would definetly fall into the "no no" catagory.

I welcome this release (if it comes to pass) and might buy a few of them. Something like this has been on my wish list ever since I saw one similar to it in Robocop 2. :) As someone posted, it might be useless, but I want one.

I can see a use for the FMG-9 in real steel, but I can't really see much utility for this in airsoft, as there's no market for concealed weapons in airsoft, and all this does is add a quick-folding stock to it, and make sure it won't fit in a holster, while taking away the iron sights, and make it hard to put on the orange tip mandated in many countries.

Also, this appears to be of the same concept, but not the same design as the Magpul FMG-9. Looking at this, it's just a folding case attached to an airsoft gun, instead of having a moving pistol grip fold up into the case, and unfold and lock into place when engaged.

I can see a use for the FMG-9 in real steel...

being?

i cant see it doing anything better than an ordinary concealed carry pistol. OK, it has a stock for steadier aiming but if you need to defend yourself you wont want to flip the gun open, shoulder it and aim when you could just draw a concealed carry pistol and fire instinctively. this just makes a glock unnecessarily bulky for no good reason IMO.

being?

i cant see it doing anything better than an ordinary concealed carry pistol. OK, it has a stock for steadier aiming but if you need to defend yourself you wont want to flip the gun open, shoulder it and aim when you could just draw a concealed carry pistol and fire instinctively. this just makes a glock unnecessarily bulky for no good reason IMO.

Not so much for civilians, but for the military it has possibilities. It allows for a fairly high magazine capacity in an easier to store weapon. Might not be a bad thing to put in survival kits for pilots, as it would fit in better than most other firearms, and it seems that it might be more resistant to environmental factors while closed, as the case would be mostly sealed. And really, I don't think this is something that it has utility across the board, but there are some niches where it might perform well, maybe as a sort-of PDW.

While its practical applications are somewhat questionable, it is an interesting piece nonetheless imho :) Does anyone know if Magpul has some degree of involvement in its production? Otherwise I'd imagine its development to be short lived :(

Consdering magpul doesn't have any rights to the design, no.

Archived