Currency converter

I find the best way of converting currency is to use paypal, without actually clicking send. I get an accurate picture of what I will be paying this way, as XE and other conversion facilities I have used have been wildy out, especially in these up and down times.

Maybe they binned the one on here for that reason?

Looks like we're having issues with the plugin again. I'll notify Arnie. Thanks for making me aware of this. :)

Whilst on the note of Paypal and exchange rates, the reason payments are often 'out' with exchange meters such as the one discussed here or at Xe.com is that XE gives you an accurate exchange value based upon the current market. Paypal's exchange is always considerably poorer. For this reason it's always best (unless you have an American Express card) to have Paypal charge to credit card, and in the seller's designated currency, as while still not market values, your credit card company will give you a much fairer currency exchange rate than Paypal.

...That has nothing to do with what we were discussing. Please read above before posting to bolster your post count.

I'll lock this before anyone else decides to spam the thread. As soon as Arnie finds out one of us will post here to update the situation. :)