ACOG Scoped Weapons

IMG_1158.jpg

I am getting so much mileage out of this series of pics that I took of my M4. If you guys are getting sick of it just let me know. The reflex site pictured on top of the ACOG is a TEG Option "model" that bought from Dentrinity so I could use the mount for my real Firepoint reflex site. I just got the real one yesterday and the preliminary word is that I think I am going to have to get used to the height of the thing. I mean it isn't bad at all but just higher than I am used to. I will try to site it in and report the actual use of it. I have liked the ACOG for a couple of years now and never got around to buying one until I saw a picture of a scope just like the one I built. Well, that and until recently I didn't have another M4 (I had one and sold it about 1.5 years ago). I also own an SR25 that I will likely get the 4x35 G&P version because I think the extra length will be good for my sniper replica. I also think the killflash is a necessity to visually balance the NSN version of this scope. I had to get creative with it though because I couldn't get it to zero out. I was not able to adjust the crosshair up enough so I took it apart to discover there is nothing to provide positive resistance opposite the adjustment screw. There was also nothing to do so for the left/right adjustment. There are however small indentions opposite the adjustment screws that I got creative with it and used snips of the factory recoil spring from my WA 1911 to apply to positive resistance I needed. I haven't tried to site it in yet but it does bounce back where it needs to. I will be surprised if there is an issue.

Here is a pic of the scope by itself.... Again, the fake red dot is attached because I just got the new "real" one yesterday.

IMG_0982.jpg

Edited by Eightball
  • Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

M45.jpg

Now isn't that just the sexiest M4 you've ever seen? :P

CA M15A4 carbine base. G+P NSN 4x32 ACOG; King Arms (I think..) 220mm silencer; CA Harris bipod replica (without exposed springs).

Internals I have a Type-0 cylinder and a slightly shortened 590mm PSG-1 barrel. It shoots beautifully.

Edited by Sorce

I've always wondered about scopes that sit that high up... Is it accurate? How long did it take you to sight it in?

Bah, that's one reason why I don't like using scopes or RDS, the whole sighting in thing is a pain, especially for something that can be incredibly accurate one second and poo the next. Im an iron sight person =]

Ok, to white feather and the guy who is obsessed with ruling the galaxy-

I am VERY interested in one of these things but everyone is telling me the performance sucks and that you can't adjust them or that the eye relief is poor (even though I like to get close to my sights, so this shouldn't be much of a problem for me). Is this true?

How was the adjusting? Can it be zeroed effectively?

Please explain how good this thing performs.

Also, in the picture with the pidgeons, what was the range

If I am going to sell my aimpoint I don't want to use the money on something that could become just a sexy hood ornament for my gun lol.

:bam: <<<< me if I get a lemon ACOG after I sell my G&P Aimpoint

Thanks

And by the way, the gun I want to put it on is a stock (around 1 joule) G&P M4A1 with Prometheus Gears, Prometheus 6.03 Tightbore, Prometheus Soft Bucking (or maybe some kurage V), and an FF STRIKE Chamber. This will all be tuned by thaflash (great tech). Do you think this gun will be able to utilize the uses of an ACOG? I really need to know about that adjustment stuff.

~tgrillo

Some ACOGs zero, some don't. Mine works fine.

I took it to its first skirmish today. I love that little scope to pieces, got my first head shot(with a marksman weapon) with it :D

Were you aiming for the head though? lol

And what do I do if mine is one of those ones that dont zero..

Ok, look up at my previous post people, I must know the answers :blink:

When i bought my ACOG i knew that i shouldnt expect much from it. The eye reliefe isnt all that good, infact its annoying at times, but i got use to it so i dont mind anymore. I have the full ability to zero my ACOG. If your gonna get an ACOG id suggest keeping your aimpoint and selling it after. I mounted my aimpoint in front of my ACOG to zero it withthe red dot. After that i took the aimpoint off and made smal adjustments since i could see more then i could with the aimpoint.

When i bought my ACOG i knew that i shouldnt expect much from it.  The eye reliefe isnt all that good, infact its annoying at times, but i got use to it so i dont mind anymore.  I have the full ability to zero my ACOG.  If your gonna get an ACOG id suggest keeping your aimpoint and selling it after.  I mounted my aimpoint in front of my ACOG to zero it  withthe red dot.  After that i took the aimpoint off and made smal adjustments since i could see more then i could with the aimpoint.

Thats a great idea WF as I hadn't thought of that way to zero my ACOG.

I hope it works tho.. as it hasn't made much difference at the moment moving it up or down.

Why's everyone selling their aimpoints? I think they are great :)

Ive still got my aimpoint. Since i dont play CQB i dont really have a use for it, but ill hang onto it if a friend ever wants to borrow it.

ACOG is worth the money as long as you know your not gonna get the best piece of kit. Im happy i bought mine, i wouldnt use my gun any other way now.

Well, the problem is that if I want to buy it after I sell my M15A4/M203 I might not have enough to buy my proposed G&P M4A1 AND the ACOG (not to mention some new spiffy batteries) unless I sell the aimpoint.

Do you think I can send it back to WGC if it sucks (or wherever I buy it from)?

Even if I do keep my aimpoint, that still means I'm screwed out of $180-90 if I get a lemon <_< . Could I ask WGC to pre-check mine and see if it adjusts properly?

Thanks WF :D

PS- My AIM SN is X tgrillo X (you aren't on right now) drop me an AIM message, I want to discuss the ACOG over AIM so this thread doesn't become a chatroom

Edited by tgrillo

I know he doesnt own it. Ive skirmished with him before and thats not his gun unless he got an M203 (He is getting one though) a different scope, and a flashlight all in the time that I skirmished with him. He still has a pretty nice gun though.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am thinking about getting a ACOG, the GP one. Other than the zeroing problem some gets, it's supposed to have a really short eye relief too. So, my question is, can any GP ACOG owner tell me the actually length of eye relief it has?

Thanks