"fruitcake" nubes "fruitcake" NDs

M4A1lover

Hello all

for the past couple of weeks at my local site we have been working on the trenches and other things this 12 year old was wearing his tac vest with his springer pistol in the holster. He had jest finished telling me that it was not cocked when he bends over to pike up his pick-axe when the pistol goes off and hits me in the gut (it hurt! I was only wearing a thin T shirt and it was at a distance of 2 feet. ) why can’t nubes get it in their minds that airsoft guns are not toys and that guns are made with safeties :rules: for a reason. Anyone else encounter this problem? Plus to top it off no one had eye protection on!!

A

What the hell were you doing contructing a site's scenery for with airsofting kit on? Your post suggests that it was out of a game so there is no reason for him to be carrying that kit and along the same lines, why did you guys around him continue to let him 'work' like that? If you felt he was a danger then you should have sent him home or made sure he removed the pistol.

What the hell were you doing contructing a site's scenery for with airsofting kit on? Your post suggests that it was out of a game so there is no reason for him to be carrying that kit and along the same lines, why did you guys around him continue to let him 'work' like that? If you felt he was a danger then you should have sent him home or made sure he removed the pistol.

Nail, Head, Hit.

We had a kid turn up with all his kit to a build day, we told him to call his dad back and put it all back in the car.

You're not airsofting, don't bring airsoft kit, unless its hard wearing clothes ( which I'm sure most of us are guilty of anyway, see the " You've played too much airsoft when..." thread).

Hello all

for the past couple of weeks at my local site we have been working on the trenches and other things this 12 year old was wearing his tac vest with his springer pistol in the holster. He had jest finished telling me that it was not cocked when he bends over to pike up his pick-axe when the pistol goes off and hits me in the gut (it hurt! I was only wearing a thin T shirt and it was at a distance of 2 feet. ) why can’t nubes get it in their minds that airsoft guns are not toys and that guns are made with safeties :rules: for a reason. Anyone else encounter this problem? Plus to top it off no one had eye protection on!!

A

the fact it went off suddgests that the catch that holds the piston head back is worn down, or just broke .So the safety would not have helped ,which is an important thing to remember with springers .Unless he happend to catch the trigger on something. Anyhow ,as said ,He shouldn't have had it with him .

A safety, isn't.

I was always told to ignore safetys. It's your job to know whether the gun is loaded/cocked or not. If it is, keep it pointing in a safe direction 100% of the time until you discharge the round/the gun is no longer loaded/cocked.

A safety can fail the same way a gun can discharge without you even touching the trigger. We're not Americans, we don't need safetys because we're not carrying guns for protection/crime prevention (damn the government to Hell!). We don't need it constantly locked and loaded like you would a carry weapon.

If you've loaded it, you better be ready to fire. Don't rely on a tiny sliver of metal to prevent you making a potentially very serious/painful mistake.

Ben.

You let a 12 year old play? I don't know what type of place you're running. Little kids with clear guns from WalMart and Canadian Tire?

I'm guessing there's a reason why you're telling this story on Arnies instead of Airsoft Canada. We'd just tell you just how irresponsible you are.

As far as I am concerned we are all responsible for safety when it comes to replica imitation firearms, regardless of if you are site owner or not. When on the skirmish field, someone else's dangerous actions or stupidity can have horrible consequences for yourself, especially if you were to lose and eye or such. The best bit about this hobby is the fact that the vast majority of players are sensible and safety conscious aswell as trustworthy enough.

I hate when people say that all 14 year olds and such are bafoons and/or noobs.

I dont like noobs, especially ones with plastic spring guns from walmart, but i am 13 and im also not a noob.

I have played airsoft for a good amount of time, and i know how it works. My only problem is the lack of money and transportation. If by noob you mean "One who has a lack of money and transportation", thats exactly me, but if you mean someone whos bad at airsoft and doesnt understand it one bit, that is not by any chance me.

A safety, isn't.

I was always told to ignore safetys. It's your job to know whether the gun is loaded/cocked or not. If it is, keep it pointing in a safe direction 100% of the time until you discharge the round/the gun is no longer loaded/cocked.

A safety can fail the same way a gun can discharge without you even touching the trigger. We're not Americans, we don't need safetys because we're not carrying guns for protection/crime prevention (damn the government to Hell!). We don't need it constantly locked and loaded like you would a carry weapon.

If you've loaded it, you better be ready to fire. Don't rely on a tiny sliver of metal to prevent you making a potentially very serious/painful mistake.

Ben.

I was about to say this. There is no reason to not have the safety on, but at the same time the gun should be clear and should be pointed in a safe direction. Never rely on the safety, they are there for one purpose only, to cover the arses of the people who made the gun. They are a mechanical device, guarenteed to fail, the USER not the gun should be responsible for the discharge of it. I love in Black Hawk Down when Hoot gives that officer his what for about his safety, true and pure awesome :)

To the OP, really need to find a way to have people remove that stuff on build days, no reason to have it on the field. Even on fields where entrenching is encouraged during game play, the gun should be out of reach so that kinda ###### doesnt happen.

I hate when people say that all 14 year olds and such are bafoons and/or noobs.

I dont like noobs, especially ones with plastic spring guns from walmart, but i am 13 and im also not a noob.

I have played airsoft for a good amount of time, and i know how it works. My only problem is the lack of money and transportation. If by noob you mean "One who has a lack of money and transportation", thats exactly me, but if you mean someone whos bad at airsoft and doesnt understand it one bit, that is not by any chance me.

thats me as well. I have less experence then you proboly but i understand the game. i allso have a lack of funding for airsoft at the minute i have a JG M4 with one hicap and my googles. i also have to walk to the field

A

• 8 months later...

i have been airsofting for about one year now and i don't consider myself a noob at all and i learnt the importance of safty when i stuck a cheap spring gun down my trousers and it went off because i pulled the trigger when i removed it luckily it didnt hurt too much and i learnt my lesson

i have been airsofting for about one year now and i don't consider myself a noob at all and i learnt the importance of safty when i stuck a cheap spring gun down my trousers and it went off because i pulled the trigger when i removed it luckily it didnt hurt too much and i learnt my lesson

Not only does that win 'necro of the week', but, as ever, no spell check & a keyboard with no caps, commas or full stops.

Amazing. :rolleyes:

I wonder if shoving a laptop down your pants & slamming the lid closed, will teach you the importance of correct spelling & punctuation? :unsure:

Greg.

Archived