The Real Steel Discussion Thread

elrey

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AWESOME! I got me a LMT 10.5 upper on hold. Just got to set up the trust. And a AAC can lined up too.

Wow, how original... :rolleyes:

Frankly I'd go the CLEO route, LLC is certainly the easiest, but trusts are built on a foundation of sand. Meaning the ATF has the legal right to stop recognizing them if they so choose.

That's always been the trouble. Go CLEO first before going the LLC route.

Wow, how original... :rolleyes:

Tehehe... Naw, I was just going to go 14.5 with one but i was like heck.... i might as well go all the way.

Might do it that way but the trust is easier right now... but of corse it might not be in a month or year or when ever... time will tell.

EDIT: There we go. AGC member.

Arnie's Gun Club you say?

Anyway. Already plotting the addition of an M6A3 upper with the DMR 18" barrel in 6.8mm SPC (which will wear a Nightforce 2.5-10 w/ Mil-Dot). With that, a .22LR upper or .22LR conversion kit for a 1911, and a Benelli M2 (with extended mag, SureFire dedicated weapon light, and tritium front sight), I can have the 'Focal Five' (Rimfire, Shotgun, Handgun, Big Game Rifle, Service Rifle) put together and only have three guns in total!

Of course, this brings me to the sad thought that my Tikka T3 and my Norinco M97 Trench Gun (the latter of which was not easy to find and not cheap) will have to bite the dust. Ah, well, it's all for progress, right?

Also: Seriously thinking about sending my 1911/1918 to these guys for the basis of a 'Retro' custom pistol. Do chainlink front- and back-strap checkering (with an arched MSH), modify for reliability, add an ambi-safety, dehorn, XS Big Dot express sights, and a Cerakote finish... and it becomes a very old-fashioned but very practical pistol for duty/carry.

EDIT: Also gonna buy one of these. The nature of the standard tail cap makes me nervous that I might loosen it up too much and have the thing fall off on recoil... or tighten it up too much and find it too easy to activate the light. The click-on cap in the link also has a nice, large ring around the button, which should prevent inadvertent use.

Too late to edit the above, but... does anyone have any experience with rimfire conversions for ARs?

EDIT: Oh, and my wishlist has changed. Again. What's wrong with me?

LWRC M6A3 (16" bbl, 5.56mm NATO) w/ NF 1-4x24mm FC2, VFG, covers, and SF 6P-LED (LaRue mounts all around)

LWRC M6A3-DMR (18" bbl, 6.8mm SPC, upper only) w/ NF 2.5-10x32mm Mil-Dot, covers, and Harris bipod (LaRue mounts all around)

Benelli M2 Tactical (18.5" bbl, 12-gauge) w/ SureFire 617LFG-LED and Nordic Components magazine

MARS Armament Retro (modification of my current Colt M1911/18)

??? .22LR AR-15 (16" pencil or carbon fiber barrel, upper only) w/ Leupold FX-II 4x32mm Duplex (Leupold Rifleman rings)

I can't give out specifics just yet, but I am pleased to announce that for those in the pacific northwest we will officially have a Magpul Dynamic Carbine 1 in late july/august.

Just got off the phone with Chris Costa, and after a lot of leg work, phone calls, and general schmoozing we've secured our venue that meets and exceeds the range demands.

I'll post more info later this week.

I wouldn't paint an SBR. I just don't see the need.

Anyway, I have a new addition to the family: A Benelli M2 Tactical... for which I have ye olde fashioned 00 buck (in both Hornady TAP and Federal), rubber buck, and a couple of boxes of Brenneke Black Magic en route.

I'm done with the 'buying things' phase for my M6A3, all except for the Vortex, which is out of stock everywhere.

Finally, I'd be interested in going to Oregon for a Magpul Dynamics course. A day's drive away, Oregon is, all I'd need to do is check Oregon's gun laws and CCW reciprocity. (Of course, Thunder Ranch is out there, too!)

EDIT: Oregon does not recognize or grant reciprocity to any other state's concealed carry permits. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.

So I took full advantage of having Presidents Day off by hitting up the range... Only took the Glock 19 and Kimber out this time

Put about 150 rounds through it with only a couple hiccups (failure to lock back on last round) within the first 5-6 mags, after that it ran like the proverbial sewing machine

I expected the better than average Kimber accuracy but the surprise was that the Crimson Trace laser grips were sighted dead on from the factory... After that it was typical 1911... Combined the natural "point-ability", high profile sights and short trigger reset made for very fast followups

Couple pics that HH6 was gracious enough to snap...

SDC10143-3.jpg

SDC10145-1.jpg

And no cracking on my ghetto setup, it was the best I could do using a public range haha

You're gonna MEGA hate me. I traded my friend some old MLCS Eagle gear, and in trade I'm getting a factory new LMT Defender 2000 lower.

Yep, I know I suck! lol. I paid 200 for the gear, and I'm getting a 500 dollar lower. NO idea what I'm gonna use it for though. But I may SBR that since I'm not in a rush.

Archived