The Real Steel Discussion Thread

elrey

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No I can...

Taken from GeorgiaPacking...

Minors (persons under the age of 18) are NOT allowed by Georgia law to possess handguns unless the following exceptions apply:

-Attending a hunter education course or a firearms safety course.

-Engaging in practice in the use of a firearm or target shooting

-Engaging in an organized competition involving the use of a firearm or participating in or practicing for a performance by an organized group

-Hunting or fishing pursuant to a valid license if such person has in his or her possession such a valid hunting or fishing license if required; is engaged in legal hunting or fishing; has permission of the owner of the land on which the activities are being conducted; and the pistol or revolver, whenever loaded, is carried only in an open and fully exposed manner (no concealing of the firearm)

-Traveling to or from any activity described above, provided that firearm is carried in a unconcealed and unloaded fashion.

-Any minor who is on real property under the control of such person's parent, legal guardian, or grandparent and who has the permission of such person's parent or legal guardian to possess a firearm.

-Any minor who is at such person's residence and who, with the permission of such person's parent or legal guardian, possesses a pistol or revolver for the purpose of exercising the rights authorized in Code Section 16-3-21 or 16-3-23. (self defense laws, listed further down the page)

My parents are more than ok with me having one. So I am 'exercising' my rights.

So you could open carry on your land. or while going to a range with the gun unloaded? sounds pretty purposeless.

I mean I can operate the slide release on mine fine I was just seeing if there was something easier.

Slingshot the slide. Don't use the slide lock, except to lock the gun open.

Of course, I suggested this to Titleist and he ignored me, too. And Clint Smith, a fellow Oregonian.

No I can...

<snip>

Mmm... I love Montana so hard.

Open carry everywhere for everyone (so long as you can legally possess a gun, anyway) and concealed carry without a permit is allowed in 99% of the state (and in the 1% where it isn't, is excused if you're engaged in an outdoor activity, such as hunting, hiking, or fishing).

EDIT: Did I miss something? When did they stop making Gunner grips?

Of course, I suggested this to Titleist and he ignored me, too. And Clint Smith, a fellow Oregonian.

I didn't ignore you, as I said I use the slide stop for certain reloads or locking the slide back. My hands are too small to properly operate a standard slide stop.

So you could open carry on your land. or while going to a range with the gun unloaded? sounds pretty purposeless.

Only time is has to be unloaded is if its in my car... I mean all that is better than nothing. I just cant wait till I can get my GCL but untill then I have to make due with this stuff. I can carry a loaded gun, shooting, hunting(only during gun season), around the house, on any property that we own. That doesnt seem to bad to me. I'd rather be able to have a gun strapped to me then not.

And about the slide lock... I am going to do alot of shooting this weekend, The more and more I look at it, I will not replace it.

No I can...

Minors (persons under the age of 18) are NOT allowed by Georgia law to possess handguns unless the following exceptions apply:

-Attending a hunter education course or a firearms safety course.

-Engaging in practice in the use of a firearm or target shooting

-Engaging in an organized competition involving the use of a firearm or participating in or practicing for a performance by an organized group

-Hunting or fishing pursuant to a valid license if such person has in his or her possession such a valid hunting or fishing license if required; is engaged in legal hunting or fishing; has permission of the owner of the land on which the activities are being conducted; and the pistol or revolver, whenever loaded, is carried only in an open and fully exposed manner (no concealing of the firearm)

-Traveling to or from any activity described above, provided that firearm is carried in a unconcealed and unloaded fashion.

-Any minor who is on real property under the control of such person's parent, legal guardian, or grandparent and who has the permission of such person's parent or legal guardian to possess a firearm.

-Any minor who is at such person's residence and who, with the permission of such person's parent or legal guardian, possesses a pistol or revolver for the purpose of exercising the rights authorized in Code Section 16-3-21 or 16-3-23. (self defense laws, listed further down the page)

Except, open carry is (by GA law) only allowed for those with a GFL (requiring you're over 21), unless you are on your own property or have the consent of the owner of the property.

(From GA Packing:)

<h2 align="center">Carrying firearms</h2> Short Version Basically to carry a handgun openly or concealed in the state of Georgia (outside of your home, your car, or your business), you must have a Georgia Firearm License issued under code 16-11-129 and the concealed handgun must be carried in any type of holster or any other securing device. There are exceptions, read below to find out what those are.

Also:

Carrying a pistol without a license: You must have a license to carry a handgun, openly or concealed, outside of your own home, place of business, and motor vehicle. If you are carrying a handgun to or from your home or place of business and cross over any property not owned by you, then you would be in violation of carry a pistol without a license if you did not have a license.

So you can posses a handgun (which I did not deny), but you can't carry one till you're 21 as you have to be 21 to have a GFL which is the only legal way to carry under GA law. You can defend yourself or your home & property, but again, you can't carry your firearm unless you're on your own property or have permission from the owner of the property.

Sorry I guess I should have been clearer. I was talking about the possession of a hand gun as a minor.

I relize the only time it can be in my car is if I am going from any of those places to another. My dad and I have already consulted our local sheriff(good friends with us) and he says all the stuff GApacking says.

That's utterly retarded.

I'm confused as to why guys think they need that stuff... it's not a cartridge that they can shoot without tearing themselves up (or wincing at the very least) and it won't do anything for them that a .375 H&H or 9.3x62mm Mauser won't. The only people who have any legitimate reason to buy guns in calibers heftier than, say, .458 Lott, are PHs. And even they can probably do their job just fine and get home at the end of the day with smaller calibers.

Archived