The Real Steel Discussion Thread

elrey

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I haven't been able to get pass the first sentence. What does it mean? :P

It means that the government of Montana will no longer recognize the Federal government's (rather unconstitutional) ability to regulate items that do not cross state lines.

So if a firearm is made in Montana for use in Montana, it will not be subject to Federal regulations. Meaning, in other words, that there will be no more need for filling out 4473s for firearms made in Montana and sold to Montana state residents, that there will be no regulation of post-86-manufactured 'Machine Guns' provided that they were manufactured in the state of Montana and are being sold to Montana state residents (they will not be able to leave the state, of course), and that there will be no paperwork needed in the state of Montana for an SBR that becomes an SBR in the state of Montana or a 'Silencer' that is manufactured in the state of Montana.

I think that the state should get its own background check for firearms (and also do the same sort of background check when purchasing a 'Silencer'), though, even if it is run through FBI/NICS. The only other problem that training will have to come to Montana, Montanans will no longer be able to go elsewhere for their training (unless they are using a weapon manufactured outside of Montana).

well guys, looks like i am moving to montana. But i do plan on going to montana state.

And titleist, you wanna sell that lower? If you do i am looking to buy one. KAYTHXBAI

I may have to aswell, even though I was already planning on it, since I want to work for the Fish and Wildlife Department in Montana, and attend Montana State aswell.

Titleist, getting back to your wanting to paint the SBR, I think you should coat the entire thing in Magpul FDE Duracoat. That would look sexfullent.

Well thanks for that kick in the balls of my self esteem haha... But I would agree, if your not in a very hot, sandy place filled with smelly people then a solid tan paintjob probably doesn't make much sense

That's exactly my view as well. If you're going tan, start with a black gun and then stripe it so it breaks up the shape. Just because it's all tan doesn't mean it's gonna blend better.

Now the debate, should I install ambi selectors?

I'd have opted for the LMT selectors, but couldn't find 'em, but a selector is a selector, some loctite, an allen wrench and you've got AMBI.

The reason I want ambi is that when you transition to weakside manipulating the safety becomes really challenging. And for the magpul class the baricades require a LOT of weakside safety use.

Archived