WELL G55 (Gas Blowback MP5k) Review

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was hoping for some inside looks. i really want to buy one, but it may be frivolus if the maruzen still has the greater metal content. contrary to popular beliefe, some people do get maruzens that run for years on green gas.

im hoping to be able to eventually replace the innards with aluminum or steel.

best of luck to whoever buys one, i expect a high lemon rate.

I've embedded a video on my review page, have a look!

Pictures of the internals are up, as well as targets shot at 25 and 50 ft!

Also, RSOV doesn't carry spares for it quite yet, but they say they have them in store soon! In all I think this is a great little backup/CQB weapon, and when you see the video of its ROF you'll know why!

Edited by FPBBrandon

i think its a cool little project gun. things i would do to it:

replace the mag catch with a marui mag catch

bug EdGi or Daytonagun to fabricate me an aluminum bolt cover, stiffer recoil spring and stiffer nozzle return spring

find me a guarder nozzle

find a TK kick booster or find a better sealing oring or xring

use stiffer nozzle return spring if need be after the better sealing oring is found

get more mags

rape some noobs

and continue to bother random shops to make metal bodies.

wouldnt it be weird that one of the upgrades it more expensive than the gun itself!?!

Edited by Horsem4n

Shame the "highcap" mags from Maruzen are 40$, hope Well will make some of them soon, then this little shooter might be a interesting GBB project for the summer :) (Im thinking a M4 stock mod to it, nomnomnom). If well aint making a metal body for it, then perhaps ask the guys over at Hexagonproduction?

Edited by Frakk2k
i think its a cool little project gun. things i would do to it:

replace the mag catch with a marui mag catch

bug EdGi or Daytonagun to fabricate me an aluminum bolt cover, stiffer recoil spring and stiffer nozzle return spring

find me a guarder nozzle

find a TK kick booster or find a better sealing oring or xring

use stiffer nozzle return spring if need be after the better sealing oring is found

get more mags

rape some noobs

and continue to bother random shops to make metal bodies.

wouldnt it be weird that one of the upgrades it more expensive than the gun itself!?!

When we talked about the metal body, I forgot the MP5 is a tube. For some reason I was thinking of an Armalite. Althought it still wouldn't be "cheap", it would definitely be less. I really need to see the original one first.

Edited by bnoji

yeah, i was talking about Daytonagun. ill see if they can, but i dont know.

i got a reply from EdGi and he told me he couldnt do a body and hes unsure of replicating complicated internal parts(and that he cant make 8mm barrels without retooling :( )

i told him in a reply that after some more research, we only need a metal bolt cover and stiffer recoil springs. im not sure how he is with springs, but maybe he can make the bolt cover.

i await his reply.

i havnt heard from Vanaras or hexigon yet. im going to contact Daytonagun and GHK Taiwan. then ill put out a request on Classicairsoft for any of the random machinists that are there.

Slight update:

Today after cleaning the barrel with silicon, and applying a bit to the bolt carrier, I achieved a much much better 50ft grouping with around 10 BBs on the paper, and I know it would've been closer to 15 if I wasn't shivering from the cold. I will do a retest tomorrow in better weather and report with pic and video!

Edited by FPBBrandon