WELL G55 (Gas Blowback MP5k) Review

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

to the OP or anyone this may pertain, I didn't find the direction of any threads, or if there is any. Judging by the fact it had a flash hider and you took it off, I assume it has some.

Also, can it use any aftermarket barrels? What cut type is it.

And if the parts are gonna get made, I would definitely but them, i would love to have one of these.

there arent any barrel threads. the outer barrel nub can be unscrewed from the FSB, allowing you to install any adapter made for the marui MP5k.

barrel cut is the same as the maruzens, which is proprietary. but there is a nineball barrel available from one of the HK shops. or you could get a custom one made by EdGi.

though, someone is working on a new barrel system.

Edited by Horsem4n
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
though, someone is working on a new barrel system.

Any news on this? I'm very interested in upgrading the inner barrel on mine with something superior.

Does anyone know if the TM MP5K RIS front end fit on the G55?

Also, are there any options for a stock?

Edited by GaMeFrEAK1018
  • 1 month later...

someone on gasguns.info finished a run of alu barrel kits(aeg barrel bucking compatible) and bolt carriers. hes french and the whole kit costs around 200USD.

found the topic:

http://www.gasguns.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2072

Edited by Horsem4n
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

bought one yesterday with 4 extra magazines the 21 round types so with 5 mags gassed using green gas loaded with .20's an ready to rip i entered the playing field, first full mag hit 2 players at about 15m they both held there hands up shouting great shot looking around i noticed every one else had stopped shooting and was wondering what in the world that noise was.

I played about 3 games with it finding it very nice to shoot and even nicer to fire, the range isn't really all that good with most pistols out ranging her but wow how many rounds can you get down range in a small space of time i crawled down a ditch the 5k at the ready under a very low wooden bridge and round the flank of the enemy upon then popping my head up and unleashing 3 mags in quick succession taking out 4 players a quick reload and up on my feet got 5 paces an a sniper got a clean head shot on me end of game but a very nice outcome for the little gun it faired well in combat.

today i got home from work and gassed up all the mags filled them with .20's and went out into the garden , I fired about 4 fills from each mag and then went to re gas them again and noticed on two of the 5 mags the gas valve had fallen apart , i stripped the mag completely and found that a small cir clip had come off inside on the back of the valve the same on both of them so i re assembled the valve and super glued the clip back on re assembled the mags screwed the valves in and gassed them up filled them with bb's and fired 6 fills with each mag no problem, I suggest that you un screw the valves on all your mags and super glue the cir clip on to the shaft make sure you dont get any on the rubber o rings as i dont believe that would be beneficial to the operation of the magazine.

i am intending to purchase one more 21 round mag and four 50 round mags to bump up the ammo situation then i will use it for the back up of my sniper rifle and do away with my pistol for good cant wait to get out with her at the ground zero weekender think it will be very good this year . xD karl

• 1 year later...

So I took a dive and bought one (bloody 4 weeks ago .. had some major paypal issues which delayed it to no end ...) , with 4 mags and a PDW stock fitted .. it looks very nice so far, fires smoothly and does feel nice to hold, to hold .. not too feel the outer shell still feels a lil naff but I didn't mind with PDW stock out.

Will test it out some more and add a little write up later, if it goes well enough I shall invest in a reinforced feeder and get me some more small mags (cant find any long mags plus I kinda prefer the look of the smalls).

Though I know a lot of people have mentioned it is loud I must say I must be getting too used to the extreme amount of noise my scar makes or the true bang of when I had an MP9! :D

• 3 months later...

I'll just drag this one up a bit.

I've currently got one of these, and I had the Maruzen one all those years ago.

I've managed to get some of the 50 round magazines from WGC, so that's all good.

Now, these things are actually pretty reasonable. They are cheap, and can be a bit of a nightmare, but with a few tweaks they can be reasonably reliable. They don't like the cold weather and the mags can be prone to gassing out, so winter use is probably going to cause you some heartache.

The magazines are prone to leaking, so a good lube and possibly changing the O rings over is always a good precaution to take.

Now this baby is a fixed hop, which can be a bane for a gas gun, so experimenting with BB weights when using this to find the optimum BB weight for your particular conditions is again, a MUST, if you are to get the most out of this.

It is possible to adjust the hop, but it's incredibly fiddly, and requires you to take the barrel out and put tiny slivers of stuff above the hop unit to pack it out. I've used teeny weeny bits of Photographic Negative, which gave good results.

Personally, adjusting the BB weight is a much simpler way of achieving the same results.

Now the bit that breaks on these little babies is the top of the loading nozzle.

There is a little spring that sits on the top and it has two 'U' shaped retainers to keep the spring (and the rod it slides on) in situ. The forward one is very thin and is prone to breaking.

Now the problem occurs with this when the spring jumps over the retainer, it then gets jammed as the carrier goes forward (normally very fast for anyone who's shot one of these!), and it rips the front retainer off.....

One dead gun.

Now, Guarder made a reinforced one of these, but they are rarer than rocking horse pooh now.

So....

a little tweaking is required.

Now, the fix is very simple and it's as true now as it was back in 2005 for the Maruzen one.

Get a good old fashioned Biro pen. Cut the tiniest sliver off the top of the inner tube (the bit that holds the ink). About 2-3mm is perfect.

Now place this over the retaining rod, so it sits between the spring and the 'U' shaped bit on the front of the loading nozzle. Just make sure that it's reasonably free running on the rod.

This stops the spring jumping off it's track.

Et voila.

Mine runs on propane and is madder than a box of frogs.

My Maruzen one ran for ages like this, I sold it because I stopped using it (didn't hear any reports of it breaking after that). My current WELL one is running fine just the same.

How long I'll keep it I just don't know. It's not quite my style, but they are intensely funny and make you giggle ever time you shoot them.

And hell... if it breaks... it was cheap!

Edited by The Chef
  • 3 months later...