Pictures of your rides

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh, but you never said BMW never made the E30 with an engine bigger that 2.5l, so "they" did make an E30 with an engine bigger than 2.5l (and yes, I am being picky ;) )

And yeah, the E34 B10 is one of my favourite cars, I just love the look of the E34

BTW they never made the E30 with displacements more than 2.5L (325i) or 2.7L (325e, but it's a boring economy engine).

The E34? Top of the list for a four door sedan. Next would a E28 M5. But the BiTurbo is so ENTICING...

th_IMG_6440.jpgth_IMG_6742.jpg

th_IMG_6739.jpgth_IMG_6439.jpg

th_IMG_6692.jpgth_IMG_6691.jpg

*oohhhhhohhohoh yeah*

I dig those wheels on the Alpina (even though they'd be a swine to clean) but the M5 ones are flippin' TIGHT

Umm...my E30 325 had a 2.7l engine.

Was it the 325e?

Yep. But it wasn't badged as the 325e, simply had 325 on the boot.

If it's a 1988 production with the later style lights (see the [before] picture of my 325is for an example) it's a so-called "super eta" with 6 more bhp but the same torque as the regular M20B27. Raised rev limiter to 5300. Regular old 325 model cars were USA only and just 325e cars but with less options...they became the baseline E30 when the '85 318i was phased out sometime mid-1985. The 325e was the mid-level, and the 325es the sporterized with LSD, sport seats etc etc. Of course the 325i blows all four out the water with another 40+ hp.

Etas are great project starter cars. Out with the easy going economy motor (gets great gas mileage) and in with a 24valve DOHC M50/S50/M52/S52 and up series motors...

EDIT: new sig. is the blue background too dark? looked better in AppleWorks

Edited by The Gopher
Mine was a 1986 325.

That would make it just a regular old Eta with fewer options standard — probably no 13 button OBC, no central locking (it was standardized a bit later though), may or may not have check control, probably no sun roof (yay — they leak, rattle and rust)...

Edit: ya'll don't have to hide your gigglin' at the E34s posted up :) cuz I know you are icon4.gif

Edited by The Gopher
Do you guys get lots of people giving you plenty of room? Nobody tailgating, speeding, "dangerous manuver"ing?

I still get quite a lot of that. People either figure out that I'm not a cop, they just don't care, or they don't recognize the Crown Vic as a cop car. I just like it because it is roomy, comfortable, V8, RWD, and decent handling.

Now THIS is a thread that is in my field :D

Twice the turbos, twice the lag...

Most drag cars have a single large turbo...

What a load of tosh, my GTR is FAR faster now that it has two turbo's instead of one, my mates (which is still big single) doesn't have power come in until 4500rpm, mine is on full boost by 3000rpm.

On standard turbo's, running 0.7bar of boost, my car could beat an F430. NOW it has turbo's approximately 40% bigger and is running 1.2bar and is 2.7 litres :D

That equates to about 580bhp, in a car weighing 1020kgs. To get the same pace out of a Ford GT (weighing 1600kgs :D) you'd therefore need 900bhp LOL

Here's a couple of pics of her flat to the mat in the European Drift Championship and EuroDrift Pro-Am series this year :)

GHF_0190.jpg

NightFight98-vi.jpg

IMG_8705.jpg

hudson-1.jpg

fightnight0109sized.jpg

EDC_0303_copy.jpg

I also won the EuroDrift Pro-Am series this year in her, so she's my pride and joy and i love her like a child LOL

take it isnt mine eh, ur a nob you like. we traded in the db9 for it cos my dad didnt like the back seats innit and he wanted something with a little more mpg. ###### head and it actually is mine ya wart.we still got the caterham at my dads factory at work which we use for lemans. so dont jump to conclusions ya ######. look all over the internet for that car with that backround..guarentee u wont find it!!!

######

Anyone who buys an Aston Martin (circa £100,000) and then worries about fuel consumption is an idiot :D

Lets say he covers 10,000 miles a year (which in an Aston is highly unlikely as they break down so often) and he gets 10mpg, at £5 per gallon that means over the course of a year, he will spend approximately £5000 on fuel. If he then gets something like the Jag which does 15 mpg, that means his fuel will only cost him £3750 asving him £1250. Over the same period he is likely to have spend about £2000 on insurance and lost about £20,000 in depreciation, so now who's stupid :D

So, to clear that up, he's lost a five figure sum selling the aston, so that he can save less than a grand in fuel, well done him :D that shows superior thinking :D

btw, 330bhp in a car 1.8 ton car isn't fast ;) see figures above for fast ;) LOL

Edited by TwinTurboCH

Shoulda used thumbnails next time...

What's the wing for? Takeoff? :)

Nah, we proved it increases traction in high speed drifting :) Plus, when i feel like putting my toe in when not drifting, she'll hit the far side of 200, so less lift is good :D

It obviously works, just after we fitted it, we did a sustained run at about 120mph (2 or 3 minutes) and when we went to check the car over, we realised the wing had buckled the bootlid :D

Just realised my post contains a half-truth LOL My car isn't a GTR, it's a GTS-R :D A RWD R32 GTS with a race spec engine from an R33 GTR and the gearbox from an R33 GTS-T along with custom prop etc etc

How do i make them come up as thumbnails? I'm a bit rubbish when it comes to computers LOL

Edited by TwinTurboCH
Nah, we proved it increases traction in high speed drifting :) Plus, when i feel like putting my toe in when not drifting, she'll hit the far side of 200, so less lift is good :D

It obviously works, just after we fitted it, we did a sustained run at about 120mph (2 or 3 minutes) and when we went to check the car over, we realised the wing had buckled the bootlid :D

Just realised my post contains a half-truth LOL My car isn't a GTR, it's a GTS-R :D A RWD R32 GTS with a race spec engine from an R33 GTR and the gearbox from an R33 GTS-T along with custom prop etc etc

How do i make them come up as thumbnails? I'm a bit rubbish when it comes to computers LOL

now THAT, is a car

i salute you sire. i am truely truely jealous :D