Pictures of your rides

How many tires....er uh tyres do you shred-through in a year? Seems like you would either need DEEP pockets or some sponsorship  :P

Usually a brand new set of 255/40 R18's (about £105 a tyre for the semi-slicks) lasts about 7-8 runs. On Saturday just gone, I used 6 sets of rears up, so in reality, about £12-1300 a day for competitions 9 (plus fuel/travel/hotels/maintenance etc etc). Less for practice as i use cheaper rubber, but they are still £80 a pair, so saturday would have been £750ish if i didn't care about being competetive, as it is, it was prob about £2000.

It's great fun though. Imagine doing 100mph, then throwing the car totally sideways so you are looking out of the side window, then burying your foot into the throttle and hearing the engine scream to the limiter in fourth gear with the speedo reading 140mph and smoke pouring off the rear of the car. Best fun you can have with your trousers on, except for winning, then it gets even better :D

now THAT, is a car

i salute you sire. i am truely truely jealous  :D

Cheers buddy :)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i could be really daming about the gold peugeot, or whats left of it, but i'll keep my mouth shut.

Same here, but I have learned that 'each to their own' as they say, or even 'live and let live'. I'm sure there are hundreds of people who could slag my car off saying it's pointless/waste of money/polluting etc etc :)

well, theres a point to ploughing money into a racing car if you're actually going to go racing in it. quite why people buy cars to use them not as they were intended to is beyond me. why buy a 400+ HP evo if all you do is drive to work and back each day ?

but thats just my view on things.

its probably wrong of me to thinkt his, but as soon as i see a car like that gold peugoet, with useless pieces of palstic bolted to it etc, my first though is "what a ######". the driver may be one of the mintest guys around, but to me, cars like that are things to point and laugh at.

well, theres a point to ploughing money into a racing car if you're actually going to go racing in it. quite why people buy cars to use them not as they were intended to is beyond me. why buy a 400+ HP evo if all you do is drive to work and back each day ?

Easy Because EVO IS NO1! However subtle jokes aside. Why should people allow to use cars what they want? Even if you car could top about 80 mph it's still 10 miles of the max speed limit. So in essence with that we should be all driving cars that can only do 70. :/ Is that what you're trying to say?

Also TBH Driving is suppose to be fun. Not this r serioes car it is serieos race. That's what people are forgetting. Also if the guy wants his pug to look like that. Let him. I've seen worst things in my life.

[edit] Now with more commenting.

Edited by Spedz

but thats just my view on things.

its probably wrong of me to thinkt his, but as soon as i see a car like that gold peugoet, with useless pieces of palstic bolted to it etc, my first though is "what a ######". the driver may be one of the mintest guys around, but to me, cars like that are things to point and laugh at.

QFTT! All my Jap sports stuff I've done track days in, but that Pug to me is just like sticking pointless ###### all over your AEG.

not if you intend to use your fast car as a track day car. if i had the money to buy something that was properly wuick, id be at track days as much as i could afford to be.

i certainly wouldnt be content with taking my lambo to tescos and back for the weekly shop each week.

same with a 4x4. it may be cliched, but why bother if all you do is shopping and school runs ? again, i'd be thrashing around the countryside as much as possible, and i certainly wouldnt be in a bloody range rover.

of course people can drive what they want, i just tend to look at things from a practical, not wasting my money point of view. which is quite hipocritical for any airsofter to say lol.

Edited by screamin_weasel

While I do agree with you in principle it does kind of defeat the choice of if you want that paticular car.

same with a 4x4. it may be cliched, but why bother if all you do is shopping and school runs ? again, i'd be thrashing around the countryside as much as possible, and i certainly wouldnt be in a bloody range rover.

Defender 90/110 by any chance?

The thing is most cannot be bothered/can't find any local track days and would rather be in ______ car just for the sole purpose that want it. To you it maybe pointless and stupid but to them it's not. Also there is a plus side to people like them. It puts more mileage on the clock which makes it cheaper for people like me :lol:

My 306 has a PT-R T16 engine kicking out 375 BHP with 10 Pot Brakes, the car has been in many action day / races, All of the work on my 306 has been done by myself..  just though i would add this bit of info..

Sounds like you'd need all that power to pull that much weight :D

j/k

Seriously, has it got that engine? If so... :punk: VERY impressive. Not my personal thing, but i can defo respect the work that must have gone into it :)

indeed. there is a difference between bolting cack to your car that you got from halfrauds, or making it yourself, putting a huge engine in it, and using it.

in that case, kudos, but i still think its ugly as sin  ;)

Thats kind of what i was trying to say with the 'not my thing' comment LOL only nicer.

Wonder how FWD copes with all that power, bet it could torque steer for england :)

Yeah i know my guy made it, and work 3days on it, to get the vents in the correct places, didnt have the heart to tell him "sorry i think it looks like a pasty gone wrong" lol ive also got the stander bonnet that one stays on most of the time

05052006004.jpg

Much better. :)

Not sure you should do arches :) My opinion is always that wide arches should be reserved for RWD :)