Pictures of your rides

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a '72. Last year of the early baywindow body style but first year of the more powerful Type 4 pancake engine. I really love it. The bug is a '66 incase anyone was wondering.

Man Florida to Colorado... That must have been quite the adventure in a Volkswagen.

Yep- she carried all my worldly possessions too- A futon bed, 2 duffel bags full of clothes, and three cases full of cameras and photography equipment :D

It took three days to get from Jacksonville to Denver taking the 'northern route' up through Atlanta then over to St. Louis and through Kansas, the only problem I ever had with the van was the floor of the space in the back end where the battery sits was rusted out being a Florida car- so I would have to stop every now and then and check to make sure the battery wasn't about to fall out onto the highway lol

The only reason I sold it was my girlfriend was 4'8 and couldn't reach the pedals and shift the gears lol

....plus it didn't do so well in the mountains :rolleyes:

Just picked this up on Saturday, Mercury Cougar. I am eternally thankful to Mercury for *fruitcage* up royally on the marketing of this car... I got it for WAY less then what its worth. Basically, a lot of car for not all that much. My parents gave me the money I saved them from my ROTC scholarship for one year and told me if I went over I had to pay for it. I also have to pay all insurance, gas, etc.

I'm incredibly happy though. Blows past those idiotic '94 riced-out Civic's with ease.

My old car/my sisters car is in the background.

car003.jpg

car007.jpg

car008.jpg

car001.jpg

car006.jpg<----

My dad saw me taking pictures and suggested I put my cat up on the top to try to replicate the old Cougar commercials from the 60's...

This thread is WORTHLESS without pics of my sisters car

img8957mz0.jpg

img8958un2.jpg

img8960pq7.jpg

img8959ze5.jpg

Yes, it's a 92' Subaru with a custom paint job by my sister and her friends. Next yer it is mine when she goes to college. I plan to repaint it, anyone got any tips for removing this paint job? I'm thinking a power sander.