Pictures of your rides

First car, just passed my test :D

Renault Clio 1.2 8V

Fox 15" Wheels

No they aren't scratches on the side, it is reflections of something or other :)

[clarkson]You bought the wrong car, you should have got the 16v[/clarkson] :P

Oh and trust me you will get scratches. My Clio is 2 years old and has more dents and scratches than my 13 year old Corsa ever did.

Which Clio is it you have? as theres no pic there.

I also hate everyone here who has a project car. Its making me want to buy something to do up even more but only having a small driveway to park it on means I'd need more alarms than the Bank of England to keep it from being damaged/stolen.

Edited by evansy
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my biggest fear is my car being nicked. and being so old, and convertible, i'd imagine its pretty easy to do so. frost on ths inside of the car i can deal with. water dripping in i can deal with. only being able to do 70 at a push i can deal with. somebody slashing my roof and hotwiring my car in about 5 seconds flat would ###### me off however.

my biggest fear is my car being nicked. and being so old, and convertible, i'd imagine its pretty easy to do so. frost on ths inside of the car i can deal with. water dripping in i can deal with. only being able to do 70 at a push i can deal with. somebody slashing my roof and hotwiring my car in about 5 seconds flat would ###### me off however.

Thats not just a problem with convertables. The two cars I'd like to get as projects are an early '93 corsa gsi and a mini cooper and you can get into both of those cars in a matter of secconds by peeling the door down and unlocking them from the inside.

Already posted in the new acquisitions thread, but I feel this is an equally appropriate place to post her.

1993 Toyota MR2

2.2L NA 4 Cylinder engine

130 BHP

130 ftlbs Torque

Midship

RWD

5 Speed Manual

960 Kilo Curb Weight

No power options

T-top

P1040121.jpg

P1040124.jpg

I love her.

-Sh0ty

Edited by Sh0ty

I just obtained my first car...airsoft shall be taking a backseat for a while :( But, premium fuel is a must.

2004 BMW 330i (E46)

3.0L I-6

225 BHP

214 torques

6-speed manual

Premium, Sport, and Cold Weather (a must for Texas :P ) packages and harmon-kardon sound (makes radio amazing)

Schwarz II on Saddle Brown Leather

Ja, es ist ein Bayern Mist Wagen :P lol

Mein20Auto.jpg

WOW twinturbo. That thing is gorgeous. There's a twin turboed rx7 with an fmic at the shop I work at. I can't keep my eyes off of it! :P

Cheers dude, I do want an RX at some point, but at the moment I'm addicted to the sweet sound of 6 :D

omg twinturboch thats an awesome car. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3!

Heres something not many of u might have seen. Its somewhat obscure outside of Asia

Mitsubishi Airtrek Turbo R:

Evo 7 4G63T engine detuned to generate 240bhp @ 5500rpm, 343Nm (253ft/lb) @ 2500rpm

0-60 6.5s(claimed) 7.6s(what I managed to get it to do)

only slight dislike was that it had an autobox, but its meant to be softer than the EVO 7

(pics to come in a bit)

l_dfa70a1e3ec2101ec93d15e248bc4bbd.jpg

Thanks :) Yours looks cool, i love rare obscure Jap stuff :) Shame about the slush-box though LOL

Mein20Auto.jpg

Very nice :) Love 330's, for what they are they feckin fly :D

And here's my new acquisition :D and yes she's another turbo manual, and she's brutal. Getting the diff welded next week and she'll be drifting within a week :D

558984-1.jpg

Edited by TwinTurboCH

Screamin' Weasel, that's a lovely Spitty. I had a dark BRG Mk4 1300 with twin carbs off the 1500 jetted to suit the K&Ns and straight thru stainless pipes. Just about did a ton on a good day, but felt oh so quick... Toured northern France in it the day after changing the gearbox. Essential mod is to heatwrap the manifold and down pipe to prevent carbs boiling.. T'was great til my alchy neighbour parked her Volvo in it...

connieSpit.jpg

Current cars:

DSC00139.jpg

In the Pyrennees on the way to Africa:

4small.jpg

KV7T9156.jpg

DSC00225.jpg

th_MonkeyMonkey.jpg

The Paj gets used for what it was designed for...

th_Pajgoingdownsmall.jpg

My mate had no idea what I was about to do .. This is a river in London not too far from Heathrow. It's about as deep as you can go in the Paj without a snorkel.

th_MOV00020.jpg

All training proved it worth in last year's floods.. Note the drowned and abandoned cars everywhere. The water was alot deeper in places than it looked- the worst bits weren't filmed. Still took 6 hours to do a 2 hour return journey...

th_8aed7a7e.jpg

Old Volvo from back in the day. Count them doors...

MyBikeKiller.jpg

Company car... (does this count..?) :D

DSC00141.jpg

Agreed.. the Monster and MX5 are the daily drivers- the rest are toys..

Saying that, the Paj drove to Hungary and back via Italy and Switzerland last year, and the MX5 drove to Africa a couple of weeks after I bought it..

Edited by Spacemonkey
Thanks :) Yours looks cool, i love rare obscure Jap stuff :) Shame about the slush-box though LOL

yea pity bout the slush box but it does make city driving a breeze (and singapore is one big bloody city anyways)

And here's my new acquisition :D and yes she's another turbo manual, and she's brutal. Getting the diff welded next week and she'll be drifting within a week :D

Ooo another R32..

*goes weak at the knees*

I wish u'd stop doing that I'm turning so olive drab with envy that woodland sites are going to be my natural skirmishing environment soon... :P

Screamin' Weasel, that's a lovely Spitty. I had a dark BRG Mk4 1300 with twin carbs off the 1500 jetted to suit the K&Ns and straight thru stainless pipes. Just about did a ton on a good day, but felt oh so quick... Toured northern France in it the day after changing the gearbox. Essential mod is to heatwrap the manifold and down pipe to prevent carbs boiling.. T'was great til my alchy neighbour parked her Volvo in it...

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g58/spac.../connieSpit.jpg

Current cars:

]http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g58/spacemonkey_mk1/DSC00139.jpg

In the Pyrennees on the way to Africa:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g58/spac..._mk1/4small.jpg[

Nice Miata NA! :D

Need to get me one of those when I have more cash..

Early birthday present to myself, bought my BMW back from someone I sold it to 2 months ago.

Sold my project BMW 1970 R50/5 in early May to purchase my Ducati Monster 695, to a friend. I guess he just didn't know how to maintain it (it's tricky) and in frustration he sold it back to me for a 3rd of what I sold it to him for (nice!). Of course I get on it and it runs like a champ. So now I've got two bikes, when I only needed one. Anyways, took some pics on the way home.

Moto_01.jpg

Moto_02.jpg