Pictures of your rides

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But they are teh sex!

THAT I agree with :D

If anyone is bored this saturday, and if you've been listening to Kiss you might have heard about it already, but there is an event on at Wembley Stadium called JDM Allstars, the biggest Drift event in Europe, and I'm a seeded driver :D So if you want a nice day out that doesn't involve shooting each other, come down, it's going to be mega :D www.jdmallstars.com

THAT I agree with :D

If anyone is bored this saturday, and if you've been listening to Kiss you might have heard about it already, but there is an event on at Wembley Stadium called JDM Allstars, the biggest Drift event in Europe, and I'm a seeded driver :D So if you want a nice day out that doesn't involve shooting each other, come down, it's going to be mega :D www.jdmallstars.com

Oooo I just might!

:D

I was overtaken by one of those on the motorway once. I was doing nearly 100mph at the time too.

I hurd it coming up behind me before I saw it so I decided it was probably a good idea to move over incase I got engine all over the back of my car when it went pop.

Edited by evansy
  • 2 weeks later...

THAT is my dream car...! I've driven one and love them... A few weeks ago I saw one driving along the M4 and realised it was one of only 4 of it's kind in the world- it was a right hand drive DeLorean..

Found any Columbian Marching Powder in it...? :P

Edited by Spacemonkey
THAT is my dream car...! I've driven one and love them... A few weeks ago I saw one driving along the M4 and realised it was one of only 4 of it's kind in the world- it was a right hand drive DeLorean..

Found any Columbian Marching Powder in it...? :P

LOL! Ohhh harsh

Actually DeLoren's had production restarted in the USA I think. Not a real production run, but rather, someone's bought up ALL the stuff from when Mr Coke ran bust and then hired a bunch of DeLoren experts to start putting them together with improvements, refurbishment and is selling them.

If you take a scuba dive into the sea near you you'll find the original tooling machines too...

PP- there's a few companies who bought up the panelwork etc, including a major load that went to Dallas to a former dealer. Oddly enough you can gat spare parts for most of the car as it was a bit of a parts bin special. Dashboards are tricky though.. Whilst the standard car in US spec was a bit asthmatic making a dubious 130odd bhp and roughly MX5 performance, when liberated of it's nasty emmisions kit and fitted with a decent exhaust and metering head off a Volvo 960 they kick out a better 185bhp. Of course, it's about time someone fitted the 24v heads from the 960 too... They are basically a rear engined Lotus Esprit with stainless body panels on the Lotus glassfibre/steel backbone chassis, with a 2.8PRV engine out back where it shouldn't be. Not anywhere near as dodgy handling as a contempory 911 though..

• 3 weeks later...

well, its finally just about finished. no major work to do, picking a hard top up on sunday that i need to re-spray, no problem. need to make some door card templates, and get them retrimmed along with the seats. and its all done. might get some spots for the front aswell. i love my car, its great. fun to drive, very strange but much more involved than a modern car. my *albartroth* is about 3 inches from the road, its mint. its worth a grand or so more than ive spent on it, which is nice.

heres what it was like when i gto it :

DSCN3845smaller.jpg

DSCN3846smaller.jpg

DSCN3847smaller.jpg

and now

P1000384s.jpg

P1000385s.jpg

P1000386s.jpg

P1000387s.jpg

P1000388s.jpg

P1000350s.jpg

P1000354s.jpg

how about that for a first car. the home made exhaust sounds amazing, the respray was free. good times