Pictures of your rides

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of you obviously have any experience with window tinting. The dark tint helps when it is 100+ degrees out half the year, and still "hot" the rest of the year. I can see perfectly fine out of all of my windows at night, plus I have 2 infrared cameras on my truck. One above the license plate, and one behind the grille.

thats a specific amount of cops, i believe there were 8 keystone cops

I have no idea what that means, and I really don't give a *suitcase* about what other people think of what I do to my truck. Hell, I even have a flame tip for my exhaust sitting in my garage. Are you brits gonna complain about that too? Or the fact that I average 10mpg, since you guys are obsessed with fuel economy?

None of you obviously have any experience with window tinting. The dark tint helps when it is 100+ degrees out half the year, and still "hot" the rest of the year. I can see perfectly fine out of all of my windows at night, plus I have 2 infrared cameras on my truck. One above the license plate, and one behind the grille.

I've obviously never been to countries such as Dubai or Abu Dhabi or Malaysia or Thailand or Burma where it regularly hits 50c during the day and people fit mirror tints to their windows to keep the sun off during the day and then run over pedestrians at night.

Some of the smarter locals will often cut a "letterbox" out of the tint so they can see better at night.

As for the IR cameras... are you really suggesting that you'd consider driving by using cameras hooked up to an LCD display on your dash somewhere?

What planet are you from?

Do they give away driving licenses in boxes of Oreos where you live?

Does your insurance company know you plan on using cameras to see where you're going?

Do your friends do this sort of thing as well or are you a bit special?

I'm a fan of the sunglasses idea. I sometimes have trouble seeing out my rear window that is fairly tinted at night, I'm not saying it cant be done, but I have to really divert some attention to looking more closely at whats going on.

Plus I would get *badgeress* slapped by the police around here for a tinted windscreen.

I've obviously never been to countries such as Dubai or Abu Dhabi or Malaysia or Thailand or Burma where it regularly hits 50c during the day and people fit mirror tints to their windows to keep the sun off during the day and then run over pedestrians at night.

Some of the smarter locals will often cut a "letterbox" out of the tint so they can see better at night.

As for the IR cameras... are you really suggesting that you'd consider driving by using cameras hooked up to an LCD display on your dash somewhere?

What planet are you from?

Do they give away driving licenses in boxes of Oreos where you live?

Does your insurance company know you plan on using cameras to see where you're going?

Do your friends do this sort of thing as well or are you a bit special?

I don't drive with them. I only use them when I need them, like when I'm parking in a tight spot. And yes, almost all of my friends have the same tinting that I do, except they have 35% on the windshield, and they've never been in an accident, and neither have I. Just because you can't drive with dark tint doesn't mean I can't.

Edited by babybackribs
I don't drive with them. I only use them when I need them, like when I'm parking in a tight spot. And yes, almost all of my friends have the same tinting that I do, except they have 35% on the windshield, and they've never been in an accident, and neither have I. Just because you can't drive with dark tint doesn't mean I can't.

I dunno why but you remind me of this guy.

Edited by Spedz
And yes, almost all of my friends have the same tinting that I do, except they have 35% on the windshield, and they've never been in an accident, and neither have I. Just because you can't drive with dark tint doesn't mean I can't.

How'd you know if you've hit anything with those tints?

There's probably bits of pedestrians and cyclists tangled up underneath the truck right now.

I have no idea what that means, and I really don't give a *suitcase* about what other people think of what I do to my truck. Hell, I even have a flame tip for my exhaust sitting in my garage. Are you brits gonna complain about that too? Or the fact that I average 10mpg, since you guys are obsessed with fuel economy?

Do you drive a truck or a *fruitcage* armoured car? You're so obviously a *Ubar* that its amusing me just thinking about your day to day interactions with others :D

2 words to prevent sun glare in ANY condition... Polarized Sunglasses. I drive for a living and swear that every driver should have a set of these in their car, at all times, by LAW.

Maybe thats a bit extreme, but its better than being a tard and putting a 50% tint on your glass. Its damn inconsiderate towards the safety of other road users.

---

The Triumph Daytona is nice :) Thats the one that busted the Japanese makers' voluntary 125hp restriction wide open by offering 145 :D Of course every jap bike rider then started carving up the air-to-carb rubbers to release the extra ponies :D

I like the Triumph Speed series too but Im losing track of which ones are which these days :D

you guys are obsessed with fuel economy

with petrol at about $6.90 per gallon (yes thats US gallons) and rising who can blame us?

tinting your windscreen was retarded, especially to 50%. for the same reason i dont wear sunglasses at night or a thin blindfold during the day.

and with regards to keeping the heat out, buy a sunshield for when you leave it parked in the sun and let air con take care of it once you're in the car.

Yes, I tinted my windshield. But none of you have ever driven with a tinted windshield, so how do you know if it's unsafe or not? I can see fine out of it day or night, and out of my side windows too. You guys don't even know what the ratings are. 50% means it lets 50% of all visible light through, and last time I checked, the sun if *fruitcage* bright. And yes, it does make it a little harder to see at night, but not to the point of being black. And during the day I have absolutely no problem seeing. And as for it being "illegal," pretty much all UC cars here have the same tinting I do, and they are supposed to enforce the law. I'm glad I don't live in England. You have too many driving laws. And driving taxes.

Edited by babybackribs

TLDR. I presume it's something about being butt hurt about us telling the truth and bawwwing about him being an idiot? Oh and for just for the sake off actually saving your bacon for you. Here's pretty much a lowdown of each states laws on window tinting.Just in case you decide to cross the (state) boarder and get butt *fruitcage*ed from your own ignorance, you know 6 cops = Well planned survey.

[edit]If I have red this right you're only allowed 35%, HAHAHAHA OH WOW CONGRATULATIONS!

Edited by Spedz
Yes, I tinted my windshield. But none of you have ever driven with a tinted windshield, so how do you know if it's unsafe or not?

50% means it lets 50% of all visible light through, and last time I checked, the sun if *fruitcage* bright.

no, i've driven with sunglasses though, i've driven with sunglasses at night for about 20 seconds for a laugh and i sure as hell dont think it's sensible driving with that little visibility.

as opposed to what? letting 50% of all visible cheese through? do you really think we cant figure out what tinted windows do? you said it yourself, you will have HALF as much light getting through. yes, the sun is bright, hence why on sunny days you see people wearing sunglasses while driving. what you DONT see is people driving with sunglasses at night, because there is no excess light to blot out. cars have headlights in an attempt to give you ample ammouns of light to drive with, if ample lighting isnt that much of a problem then why didnt they just tape a cheap torch to the front of every car?

Doesn't matter what say, I mean our liberal, progessive, faggy idea's. Will change the fact what he's done is Sutpid & Illegal in his great country of his. Also just totally disregard the his personal profile picture the depicts the Obama Regime to the SS (Obviously the Pro Hitler Ss not the Pre Hitler SS).

Edited by Spedz
[edit]If I have read this right you're only allowed 35%, HAHAHAHA OH WOW CONGRATULATIONS!

Doesn't matter what say, I mean our liberal, progessive, faggy idea's. Will change the fact what he's done is Sutpid & Illegal in his great country of his. Also just totally disregard the his personal profile picture the depicts the Obama Regime to the SS (Obviously the Pro Hitler Ss not the Pre Hitler SS).

Had a rough day, or something?

But seriously I actually agree..... tinting your windscreen...is....well I'd never pay to have that done.

Edited by mikeyboy236
Yes, I tinted my windshield. But none of you have ever driven with a tinted windshield

I think we all have. Most cars have a 20% tint from the factory(atleast European ones).

For all other needs there are sunglasses and(if you get decent ones, that is) they are a lot better at filterning the harmful light(thus letting more visible light through) than regular tint film.

Edited by Moriquende

Here's my new-ish car... 2006 Ford Focus 2.0 S

focusfront.jpg

and just to add to the tinted debate... the laws in my country allows to have cars tinted up to 80% and yes all the cars in my house are tinted all round, front, sides, rear... mines got a 70% dark tint on the sides and 20% reflective tint on the front and rear

tintedalphard.jpg

and just to show u guys, me gran's Alphard, 20% front, 60% driver and passenger front, the rest 80%, he's old Merc used to have 80% dark tint + 10% reflective on top of it, so that the windows got a mirror finish, people cant see inside.

Would you like to drive in an all clear car in the hot tropics? It's just a matter of habits, and yes I still wear sun glass eventho my car is already tinted because of the dazzling glare we get here in the tropics...

What's funny is in the UK, the law says you cant tint your windows because the law thinks that you would be planning to do some criminal activity, i.e stalk a bank for robbery, over here people tint their car for security reasons, i.e women driver tint their cars so that they wouldn't be crime object or so that criminals would have a harder time when they try to break into your cars... It's common to see women drivers over here to have 80% tint on the sides and 20% reflective tint on the front....

Edited by raito