Pictures of your rides

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You WILL fall off Ed-Skar, it appears to be a rite of passage.

¬.¬ Maby so, I've come close a few times, but havn't gone off yet.

Just a few little things that I have ironed out, like making sure I drop back into first if I stop, and remembering to turn the petrol on/off :s.

You're not a proper biker till you've learned to fall off properly :P

Think of your indicators and break lever like you'd think of a safety when on range. When in doubt, give them a tap ( i.e, push the indicator button to turn them off a couple of times, tap your gear lever down at all lights)

And assume that someone is a complete *bramston pickle* and is fiddling with your bike whilst you're away from it: Check your sparkplug cap, and petrol tap every time you get on the bike.

• 2 months later...

IMAG0049.jpg

my 1.8 astra coupe SE2, got it back at the weekend after having a GSI bumper and irmscher rear bumper spats fitted as well as having the bumper and centre console resprayed. im currently in the process of painting the smoothed OPC grill gloss black to match the bumper grills and recesses. probably going to get some pressed metal plates for it soon. also it really needs a wash

IMAG0055.jpg

and my sexy sexy blue/black interior :D

Edited by my_plague_666
  • 4 weeks later...

My new car. It needs a clean but I've been too busy driving it to bother washing it.

DSC_0039.jpg

It costs too much to insure and way too much to feed but it's worth every penny when I find a stretch of dual carriageway and get it up over 6000rmp.

Edited by evansy
  • 2 weeks later...

57402748.jpg

I have know Christened her Caroline after an ex girlfriend. She's drop dead gorgeous and nowt but trouble!

Here we see her at the side of the road with a knackered HT Lead. Thank God for Owners Club Insurance with inclusive Breakdown Recovery.

Finally a shameless plug, I have some Dragging Jeans in the sales forum.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

not my ride, but my cousins, which we went to pick up yesterday. i couldnt not show you though, and he does (did) airsoft, so i guess it sort of qualifies it.

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0024-1-1.jpg

DSC_0023-1-1.jpg

DSC_0021-1-1.jpg

DSC_0020-1.jpg

certainly not my cup of tea, and if i was spending this much money i could come up with a list of cars as long as my arm i'd rather buy, but my god its *fruitcage* rapid. it has the roush suspension, exhaust and best of all supercharger :death: . 4.8L V8, about 450 BHP. i still struggle to see how american companies get so little power from such huge engines. sounds great aswell, and the acceleration is phenomenal. we managed to go faster than either of us have ever been on land, and that was with a gear and revs still to spare :fear: i saw a brochure for mustang bits, and the supercharger was a 7K option !! my cousin wasnt the mug that paid for it though, hes the second owner. it made me chuckle at all the scoops, vents and intakes you can fit to a mustang - NONE of them do anything, at all. every single one i saw at the dealer was blocked off, no air can get in them. including the one on my cousins car.

not my ride, but my cousins, which we went to pick up yesterday. i couldnt not show you though, and he does (did) airsoft, so i guess it sort of qualifies it.

certainly not my cup of tea, and if i was spending this much money i could come up with a list of cars as long as my arm i'd rather buy, but my god its *fruitcage* rapid. it has the roush suspension, exhaust and best of all supercharger :death: . 4.8L V8, about 450 BHP. i still struggle to see how american companies get so little power from such huge engines. sounds great aswell, and the acceleration is phenomenal. we managed to go faster than either of us have ever been on land, and that was with a gear and revs still to spare :fear: i saw a brochure for mustang bits, and the supercharger was a 7K option !! my cousin wasnt the mug that paid for it though, hes the second owner. it made me chuckle at all the scoops, vents and intakes you can fit to a mustang - NONE of them do anything, at all. every single one i saw at the dealer was blocked off, no air can get in them. including the one on my cousins car.

bloody hell! only 450bhp from a supercharged 4.8L V8? a honda S2000 with a bolt on SC will make around 350 bhp with the standard compression ratio and exhaust, and that's from a 2L 4cyl. a nice stainless exhaust, a thicker head gasket, a smaller SC pulley and the sky's the limit.

i know, its bad especially when you consider what the japanese have been able to do with the evo and impreza over the years aswell. still, the mustang is very relaxed due to its big engine, youre never really making it scream.

or BMW squeezing 420bhp out of an 800cc smaller V8 with no forced induction, as well as more torque at lower RPM. honestly, yank tanks never cease to amaze me with their relative lack of power.

well, guys, if you are noty doing not you will not do it when the fuel price will be at 10£... so, let's enjoy the moment.

QFT

Well the intent anyway.

If you ever want a fast/thirsty car now's the time to get one. Petrol and insurance are only going up.

bloody hell! only 450bhp from a supercharged 4.8L V8? a honda S2000 with a bolt on SC will make around 350 bhp with the standard compression ratio and exhaust, and that's from a 2L 4cyl. a nice stainless exhaust, a thicker head gasket, a smaller SC pulley and the sky's the limit.

I've seen civics with turbos putting out around 380bhp from 2 litre engines.

My and a friend were actually talking about this very thing this morning and just don't understand it. Surely if an American manufacturer used a European designed V8 in one of their muscle cars and then slapped a dirty great supercharger to it they'd put out enough bhp to move a continent or the car, whichever weighs most.

As I started by talking about civics and moved onto American cars (just like this morning actually) something else which puzzled me is that the US Civic SI (type R equivalent) only has 160bhp vs the 200 and 210 which the UK/EU and JDM put out. It's almost as if the manufacturers don't want Americans to know how much power an engine should be able to make.

Peak-power VS Power-range.

Ive driven an EVO9 packing WAY over 600bhp, ive seen the dyno pulls and they are scary stuff. However, the car was so terrible to drive at that level it had to be tuned down.

Basicly, you slam the gas, revs build up, turbo starts to building up, THEN you feel like a hammer hits you in the chest and then you need to change and wait again...

Its not how much peak-power you have, its WHEN and WHERE the power is. Then theres of course torgue ficures that most silly tuners or kids boasting big horsepower forget.

I drive a somewhat rare car. It looks like your typical E-class Mercedes, even reads "CDI" in the back, yes, she's a Diesel... But, a Twinturbo 4.0L V8. I doubt i need to post a list of all the mods etc, ficures are quite simple:

- "Measly" 350 peak bhp off the rear-wheels.

- At IDLE rpm of 400, it has over 300nm of torgue, thats around max of a 4door 2L sedan

- At 40% RPM of 2500 it has 720nm of torgue, thats around big bus or a truck

- At 80% RPM or a bit off 5k it dyno'd OVER 1100nm of torgue, thats around a small bulldozer

In short, im sitting on more power off the back wheels in the red lights then most cars next to me would revving at the red line. This thing rockets to 250kmh faster then a Ferrari 430 and does around 10 or so litres per 100km. Needless to say it will not beat any real sports-car at a track but its not built to do that to begin with.

The car was tech-demo to bring power-band as low as possible, this means its very confortable to drive every day, very economical considoring the performance and there no turbo-lag of any kind if you "want to play" and ive had the chance to ruin one 430-owners day ^^

Heres a pic:

http://image.nettiauto.com/extra/carimg/3233401_3233500/mercedes-benz-e-3233487_b_a9a6e2dc7bf84f64.jpg

Hoping to get my hands on a CLK63 "black series" or a Lotus Exige soon and build a real track-day weapon.