Pictures of your rides

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What isn't pictured is all the missing parts. Two SD33 Nissan diesels for it are sitting on a trailer; one is internally damaged (16 year old girl ran it with only 6 quarts of oil instead of the ~11 it's supposed to have), but the second motor can be turned over by hand and seems like it's not too far from running condition. Interior is actually in very good shape minus the gaping hole where the radio should be.

Alternatively I can just go junkyard shopping for a 6cyl 258 gasoline motor like they used to put in Jeeps. Dimensionally it's about the same as the SD33, so the conversion would not be too difficult.

Edited by SteevoLS
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Personally if its not RWD or 4x4/AWD then its useless except for going to A - B.

FWD is just pointless, get to 200BHP and you get torque steering. On top of that cant drift, cant off road, cant do anything fun except go semi fast....

Why spend 20K on a Focus ST that can just about go straight when you could spend 8K on a Skyline/Supra/S15 Land Rover (anything but a Freelander)/Toyota Land Cruiser, Scooby/Evo, MX5/RX7/RX8.

Many many better cars for the same price. However that said give me a Focus ST/RS with 4WD then *fruitcage* me will I go to town!!!

Dont get me wong some FWD cars are OK though they have massive limitations on what they can do compared to other cars.

Many say 'oh but insurance and tax is too much' I pay less on a TD5 Defender + Tax than I did on a 1.4 Fiesta. Friend of mine pays £600 full comp a year on a V8 petol Defender, £800 on a fully comp, customised (different engine 1JZ) S15 including 2K glass cover all 22.

Just amuses me why companies make FWD cars when you can buy more fun for less!!!

When I am looking for a project then sure whatever is game. But when I can only get a daily that I can have fun in, a car that I can carry sh*t with and get decent mileage, then something like a hatch back make more sense than getting a Mustang or something, which is pretty comparable in cost in US....

As far as having fun in it, anything that you can go to the limit of tire with is pretty fun...a FWD car is pretty terrible as a straightline car, you have terrible traction, but something like a ST or a GTI is pretty fun on a track or an autocross course...they can slip and slide and go plenty sideway if you want them to. I am no racecar driver, but neither are most people on the track day. You can have fun in anything you want really....

Personally if its not RWD or 4x4/AWD then its useless except for going to A - B.

FWD is just pointless, get to 200BHP and you get torque steering. On top of that cant drift, cant off road, cant do anything fun except go semi fast....

Why spend 20K on a Focus ST that can just about go straight when you could spend 8K on a Skyline/Supra/S15 Land Rover (anything but a Freelander)/Toyota Land Cruiser, Scooby/Evo, MX5/RX7/RX8.

Many many better cars for the same price. However that said give me a Focus ST/RS with 4WD then *fruitcage* me will I go to town!!!

Dont get me wong some FWD cars are OK though they have massive limitations on what they can do compared to other cars.

Many say 'oh but insurance and tax is too much' I pay less on a TD5 Defender + Tax than I did on a 1.4 Fiesta. Friend of mine pays £600 full comp a year on a V8 petol Defender, £800 on a fully comp, customised (different engine 1JZ) S15 including 2K glass cover all 22.

Just amuses me why companies make FWD cars when you can buy more fun for less!!!

Maybe because "it sells!"

And most of things you said about FWD are like 20 years old.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...